Author Topic: The Official Cleveland Cavaliers thread  (Read 23200 times)

Sccit

Re: The Official Cleveland Cavaliers thread
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
I'm not going to say LeBron is overrated. He is by far the best player of his era. I'd say this era of players he's part of is softer than Charmin, but of this era of players he's the best. That's not being overrated.

Anyways, he's with a team that has no playoff players. You can look back and you'll see that I mentioned this over and over again, and now I want people to recognize, I TOLD YOU SO. All these people saying, oh the Cavs are going to win it all. I said that LeBron can't win because he's with a bunch of players who don't know how to win. Irving and Love's numbers are great, yet both are whiny bitches who are complaining about their roles. Waiters numbers are down as he has no idea what he's doing. And I said it before the season. The sad part is the Cavs will more than likely split up after this. But if they keep it together next year, they'll be fine. But they got players who are use to losing, who know nothing other than losing, and now that they are on a team with a winning record, they still act like they are losers. It's so sad to see actually.

durant will prove to be better when it's all said and done....  and when people generally compare him to the all-time greats and act as if he's a consensus top 5, thats not overrated? lol come on brodie.

I think that Durant gets put in the next era as he'll win once LeBron fades, and we are starting to see that fade. I always said LeBron can't last long unless his game evolves, and it looks like LeBron wouldn't last long. But LeBron's peers are Melo, Wade, Bosh, Dwight, CP3, Bynum, Rondo is at the end of that era, players like Amar'e and Boozer are at the beginning. Just a really soft group of stars, I mean Rudy Gay was a name in that era. Those guys got dominated by the Kobe/Duncan/Dirk era that was the last of that old school mentality, now it's time for the Durant, Noah, Marc Gasol, Rose, Westbrook, Love, Curry, Blake, Harden, George, Wall, Irving, Unibrow generation to step up. But I think they're soft too. I am holding out hope for the Wiggins, Parker generation of players, I think this last draft will be a transformative draft like the 1996 draft was that started the Kobe/Duncan/Nash/Dirk era, or the 2003 draft that was the peak of the millennial draft. We'll see.

theres a 3 1/2 year age difference between lebron and durant bruh.....same era. theyre both in their prime at the same time, think about it.

anthony davis, jabari parker, demarcus cousins, andrew wiggins, mcw etc are the next era

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
The problem is that MJ and Magic were only 4 years apart in age, but are considered different generation. Magic was part
of the Bird/Magic generation, and MJ is more with Ewing/Barkley/Malone. It's not about age, it's about when your prime is. Durant is just hitting his prime, 26-32. Where as LeBron is fading because his style of play is too physical and he had an early prime. As LeBron enters his 30's, he is going to fade and become injure prone. Durant will rise and win titles. At the end, they'll been seen in different eras. If Durant performs as expected then he'd pass LeBron easy. I don't think LeBron will go down as top 10 all time. What happens in Cleveland will be his final judgement. If he doesn't win, he will be judged harshly. If Durant if can win over the next few years, he'd pass LeBron and he'd be seen like MJ compared to Magic and Bird, with LeBron being Magic/Bird. Basically once these dinosaurs leave, MJ can finally rise to greatness. But from the looks of LeBron, his prime will be from 24-30. At the same time, the best of Durant is yet to come. But I am kind of sad. In terms of history LeBron will be like the biggest what if question. People will wonder what went wrong and ask why he could never be the greatest of all time. He would be like the Mike Tyson of basketball, without the jail time. Tyson was suppose to pass Ali as the greatest, but was his own worst enemy. All the physical tools in the world, but could never put it together. LeBron wouldn't even pass Kobe, let alone Magic, Jordan, or Russell. Maybe he'd be seen like the Wilt of this generation, he'd been seen as the greatest physical player of his era, but he only won so many times and lost more than won.

Sccit

« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »
The problem is that MJ and Magic were only 4 years apart in age, but are considered different generation. Magic was part
of the Bird/Magic generation, and MJ is more with Ewing/Barkley/Malone. It's not about age, it's about when your prime is. Durant is just hitting his prime, 26-32. Where as LeBron is fading because his style of play is too physical and he had an early prime. As LeBron enters his 30's, he is going to fade and become injure prone. Durant will rise and win titles. At the end, they'll been seen in different eras. If Durant performs as expected then he'd pass LeBron easy. I don't think LeBron will go down as top 10 all time. What happens in Cleveland will be his final judgement. If he doesn't win, he will be judged harshly. If Durant if can win over the next few years, he'd pass LeBron and he'd be seen like MJ compared to Magic and Bird, with LeBron being Magic/Bird. Basically once these dinosaurs leave, MJ can finally rise to greatness. But from the looks of LeBron, his prime will be from 24-30. At the same time, the best of Durant is yet to come. But I am kind of sad. In terms of history LeBron will be like the biggest what if question. People will wonder what went wrong and ask why he could never be the greatest of all time. He would be like the Mike Tyson of basketball, without the jail time. Tyson was suppose to pass Ali as the greatest, but was his own worst enemy. All the physical tools in the world, but could never put it together. LeBron wouldn't even pass Kobe, let alone Magic, Jordan, or Russell. Maybe he'd be seen like the Wilt of this generation, he'd been seen as the greatest physical player of his era, but he only won so many times and lost more than won.

Jordan's prime came after Magic's....right now, Durant and LeBron have both been in their prime for the past few years. they even faced off in the Finals in 2012.....theres no way they arent from the same generation. 

and Rondo was drafted in '06, a year before Durant, but 3 years after Lebron....yet you placed him in "Lebron's generation". botton line, all those players are from the same generation....the generation after that is irving, davis, wiggins, demarcus, curry, jabari etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:40:10 PM by Sccit »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »
Magic and Jordan faced off in a finals too.

The hard part of finding that generational split is there wasn't that really bad year or transformative player in the mid 2000's. In the 80's Jordan was that split, in the 90's, KG jumping to the NBA was that split, 2000's horrible draft class was that split, and I only put Rondo in the last generation because he fits that one better than the Durant generation, and Durant I think is that player to signal the split in generation. And since a player's prime is only 4-6 years, to me a generation is only that long. Magic and MJ were close in age and closer in draft class, but clearly different generations. Magic was still in his prime, 31 and led L.A. to the finals, as Jordan entered his, 27 and the scoring champion. In 2012 you had a very young Durant trying to knock off the unbeatable Heat with LeBron as the leader of the Heat. But now LeBron is starting to fade and Durant will rise as an individual player. As for Rondo, he was the hardest to put in a generation, but I truly think Durant will be seen as that player to define his generation the same way Jordan did. Not saying his top 10 all time, but he is top 5 today and of his era.

Sccit

« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »

The hard part of finding that generational split is there wasn't that really bad year or transformative player in the mid 2000's. In the 80's Jordan was that split, in the 90's, KG jumping to the NBA was that split, 2000's horrible draft class was that split, and I only put Rondo in the last generation because he fits that one better than the Durant generation, and Durant I think is that player to signal the split in generation. And since a player's prime is only 4-6 years, to me a generation is only that long. Magic and MJ were close in age and closer in draft class, but clearly different generations. Magic was still in his prime, 31 and led L.A. to the finals, as Jordan entered his, 27 and the scoring champion. In 2012 you had a very young Durant trying to knock off the unbeatable Heat with LeBron as the leader of the Heat. But now LeBron is starting to fade and Durant will rise as an individual player. As for Rondo, he was the hardest to put in a generation, but I truly think Durant will be seen as that player to define his generation the same way Jordan did. Not saying his top 10 all time, but he is top 5 today and of his era.

they faced in the finals when magic was out his prime......different eras, brodie. magic was 80s, mj was 90s, kobe was 00s, durant 10s (same with lebron, he falls under 10s).....the 20s will most likely be the anthony davis era.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »

they faced in the finals when magic was out his prime......different eras, brodie. magic was 80s, mj was 90s, kobe was 00s, durant 10s (same with lebron, he falls under 10s).....the 20s will most likely be the anthony davis era.

Except Magic was only 31, and he had all his career averages that year, 19ppg, 12.5apg, and 7rpg. Still hurting all his numbers and he led a Laker team that didn't have Kareem anymore.

Sccit

« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »

Except Magic was only 31, and he had all his career averages that year, 19ppg, 12.5apg, and 7rpg. Still hurting all his numbers and he led a Laker team that didn't have Kareem anymore.

it was the end of magic's era and the beginning of michael's g....if magic had never contracted HIV and continued playin, it'd be another story. but i mapped it out perfectly, u cant disagree.

magic 80s
jordan 90s
kobe 00s
durant/lebron 10s
davis 20s

the 10s is still up for discussion....if durant wins titles before 2020, he will be the player of the generation. davis is lookin like the clear cut favorite to lead the future tho.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
bird/magic

then mj

then shaq

then lebron

Sccit

« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
trolol

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
trolol

i forgot to add Rondo at the end

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2014, 07:10:12 PM »

it was the end of magic's era and the beginning of michael's g....if magic had never contracted HIV and continued playin, it'd be another story. but i mapped it out perfectly, u cant disagree.

magic 80s
jordan 90s
kobe 00s
durant/lebron 10s
davis 20s

the 10s is still up for discussion....if durant wins titles before 2020, he will be the player of the generation. davis is lookin like the clear cut favorite to lead the future tho.

You are insistent on erasing LeBron from NBA history. First off, if anything decades are to general to judge eras. Second, some like LeBron are kind of weird in between decade stars. But if you insist on judging by decades, I'd split them by halves.

Early 80's, Magic/Bird
Late 80's, Magic/Thomas
Early 90's, Jordan/Hakeem
Late 90's, Jordan/Malone
Early 00's, Shaq & Kobe/Duncan
Late 00's, Kobe/Duncan/Pierce
Early 10's LeBron/Duncan & Parker
Late 10's, my guess is Durant/Curry

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
how can Kobe even be in the same conversation as Shaq when Shaq was the one who won the 3 finals MVP's

there are a clear separation of greatness at that moment in time

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
if you look at NIK posts from that era you even see him refer to Shaq as the greatest center of all time  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2014, 07:22:37 PM »
how can Kobe even be in the same conversation as Shaq when Shaq was the one who won the 3 finals MVP's

there are a clear separation of greatness at that moment in time

thats because that was kobe pre-prime.....by 2001, it was already clear that kobe was on his way to bein even better than shaq. shaq already called him the best player on the planet by then. and once u take in every other career accolade from points, to first teams, to championships., it aint even close.

your last sentence dont make sense.

Sccit

« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »

magic 80s
jordan 90s
kobe 00s
durant/lebron 10s
davis 20s

You are insistent on erasing LeBron from NBA history. First off, if anything decades are to general to judge eras. Second, some like LeBron are kind of weird in between decade stars. But if you insist on judging by decades, I'd split them by halves.

Early 80's, Magic/Bird
Late 80's, Magic/Thomas
Early 90's, Jordan/Hakeem
Late 90's, Jordan/Malone
Early 00's, Shaq & Kobe/Duncan
Late 00's, Kobe/Duncan/Pierce
Early 10's LeBron/Duncan & Parker
Late 10's, my guess is Durant/Curry

now you just doin too much lol