Author Topic: The Official Cleveland Cavaliers thread  (Read 23347 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The Official Cleveland Cavaliers thread
« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2015, 11:43:37 PM »
I'm not saying playing good before the playoffs doesn't matter. And I'm not saying home court advantage doesn't mean anything.

Im saying players don't treat those things with the passion they should. Even the Raptors have probably packed it in, accepted they can't catch the Hawks (given the Hawks don't lose like ten straight) for #1 and will just coast to the playoffs, try to stay healthy and will take nights off if they have to.

I'm talking strictly from a fan perspective...there might be a cool matchup here and there that will live up to the billing, but for the most part the regular season is a bunch of duds. Then even if you get a tight playoff race in the East for the 7-8 seed, those teams are almost guaranteed to get destroyed 3-1 lol.

But the Western Conference playoffs...that will be must see television.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2015, 09:41:15 AM »
I'm not saying playing good before the playoffs doesn't matter. And I'm not saying home court advantage doesn't mean anything.

Im saying players don't treat those things with the passion they should. Even the Raptors have probably packed it in, accepted they can't catch the Hawks (given the Hawks don't lose like ten straight) for #1 and will just coast to the playoffs, try to stay healthy and will take nights off if they have to.

I'm talking strictly from a fan perspective...there might be a cool matchup here and there that will live up to the billing, but for the most part the regular season is a bunch of duds. Then even if you get a tight playoff race in the East for the 7-8 seed, those teams are almost guaranteed to get destroyed 3-1 lol.

But the Western Conference playoffs...that will be must see television.

And that's why teams that aren't #1 seeds usually don't make the finals. I've watched a lot of basketball, maybe too much basketball. And these dudes who coast to the playoffs also coast themselves out the playoffs.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:07 AM »
so put M Dogg down for a Hawks - Warriors matchup

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2015, 11:23:17 AM »
so put M Dogg down for a Hawks - Warriors matchup

I do have the Warriors for the Finals, but Memphis could catch them. I say who ever is #1 seed in the west and has homecourt will win the west, and the finals. But in the east, I did start with the Bulls, but I'm changing to Cleveland as my prediction.

But I do have the Warriors, I've posted that before. I think Kerr can win with them, and if Andrew Bogut can stay healthy, they have a great chance of taking it all. But in the east, I changed to the Cavs.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
will Memphis even get into round 2?  they might face the Spurs round 1...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »
will Memphis even get into round 2?  they might face the Spurs round 1...

Will San Antonio even be healthy? The are old. If the Spurs win, they will prove the whole, you need the top seed unless you are repeat, theory.

Sccit

« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »
i think were forgetting to take into account that lebron underperforms in the playoffs and excels in the regular season

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2015, 03:39:21 PM »
i think were forgetting to take into account that lebron underperforms in the playoffs and excels in the regular season

he didn't underperform when he won 2 NBA finals MVP awards  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2015, 04:08:19 PM »

he didn't underperform when he won 2 NBA finals MVP awards  :laugh:

he did. he choked big time and got bailed out by ray allen. balled out in the last game when momentum began to favor miami (when he's at his best, no pressure)....first one means very little, because he faced a young oklahoma team that had no previous finals experience. heat woulda won that series with demar derozan replacing lebron.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »
what happened in game 7 of that series?

how did Ray Ray do?  how did Bosh do?

i didn't even have to pull the stats up because I remember so well, how well do you remember?  spurs had a chance to win game 7 "brodie"  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »
that's why i said when momentum was in miamis favor, that's when he finally showed up .... lebron plays just fine in those situations.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
that's why i said when momentum was in miamis favor, that's when he finally showed up .... lebron plays just fine in those situations.

lmao

brodie

lebron destroyed them in game 7.  the spurs had 48 minutes to do something about it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »
Officiating in the Kings series, Shaq's existence, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry & Pau Gasol in Game 7 of the second series with Boston was bail out more than enough lmfao.

No single player wins championships. It's been documented. Teams win.

Just hurts your already nonexistent credibility lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »
laker fans LOVE to hate on Stern for the CP3 reversal but NEVER want to recognize the Kings series smh

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2015, 08:43:18 PM »
laker fans LOVE to hate on Stern for the CP3 reversal but NEVER want to recognize the Kings series smh

But.Horry's three though. Amazing moment.