Author Topic: Eminem featuring Sia - "Guts Over Fear"  (Read 651 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Eminem featuring Sia - "Guts Over Fear"
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
Brian, that's embarrassing. Complete trash, flow is terrible, son is singing and his content is pretty much telling us he has recycle songs because he just doesn't know what to do anymore lol.

I wonder if the same people hating on this track are the same people that hated on Slim Shady LP when it came out and then years later started saying it was a classic....  

...not to that degree of course because Eminem from 98-2003 is clearly not the same as Eminem from 2004-present, but you get my point.

Em is often ahead of the curve and he challenges his listeners, so I think this is a case where the fans aren't up to the challenge.  ...Obviously there are other cases like the Relapse album where Em was simple not himself
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:13:27 PM by The Last Dayz of... Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »
Em is often ahead of the curve and he challenges his listeners, so I think this is a case where the fans aren't up to the challenge.

No.

The thing is, musically this isn't ahead of the curve in any respect. The instrumental reminds me of a lot of indie pop records from around 2006-now. The fact that it's hip hop incorporating these types of sounds also isn't very fresh or mindblowing, Kid Cudi has had a similar style of instrumental for years.

The hook isn't bad, Sia has a great voice and had this been a track with only her on it, it would be a lot better. Reminds me of Monster, which was catchy and also would have probably been better as just a Rhianna record. Either Em or his label are so consumed with making a hit selling record that they are willing to foresake the original hip hop audience in lieu of the crowd of fans: young females. Let's be honest they dictate what is played on the radio and Eminem is pathetic enough to fall in line, be a good boy and rap over whatever bullshit the label asks him to.

The fact Brian is that you finding the record so fascinating and wonderful is telling of you in or two ways:
1) You have such a narrow perspective and largely ignored the changes in music throughout the last decade that you didn't notice any burgeoning styles until one your few favorites adopted them later down the line.

2) You are such a fanboy you will cling to everything that comes out of Eminem's mouth (interpret that how you will). It's this type of blind devotion that is usually displayed in cult members and shows a lack of confidence or intelligence in the follower. Hey, how do you feel about your religion?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »

The fact Brian is that you finding the record so fascinating and wonderful is telling of you in or two ways:
1) You have such a narrow perspective and largely ignored the changes in music throughout the last decade that you didn't notice any burgeoning styles until one your few favorites adopted them later down the line.

2) You are such a fanboy you will cling to everything that comes out of Eminem's mouth (interpret that how you will). It's this type of blind devotion that is usually displayed in cult members and shows a lack of confidence or intelligence in the follower. Hey, how do you feel about your religion?
[/size]

1)  has some truth to it, because I am ol' school in my tastes when it comes to hip-hop (and life in general for that matter) I'm still stuck in the summer of 96'—before Pac (and hip-hop for that matter—died.  And why would I bother bumpin new shit when there are still so many albums from the golden age that I have yet to check out.  Shit... I haven't even bumped an EPMD album yet, so why would I check out some wack shit like 2 CHainz just because it's new??  My time would be better spent diggin into old work from EPMD or Large Professor or even Chino XL or EASki, KRS, Channel Live, MC Ren, and so on....

2) If that's the case then how come you can not find any thread on here in which I was biggin up Eminem's work from the Encore album up through Recovery??  I was the one on here saying that Eminem was not himself on Relapse when cats like Rod were sayin that album was the truth.  I have since been proven right as Em himself has admitted that Relapse was bullshit.... Before Encore I was always Em's biggest supporter on here.  The old threads prove all this.  So obviously this is not a case of me just blindly supporting anything Eminem does.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:25:08 PM by The Last Dayz of... Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
em needs to just fall back t.i. finna take over this fall.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 11:10:31 AM »
em needs to just fall back t.i. finna take over this fall.  8)

Sorry man but that mediocre tune, I'd feel generous to call it mediocre.

Anyway I feel like em was hungry again on recovery (although a little more commercial), followed by mmlp2 where many times he showed incredible flows and lyrical patterns. I'm just not feeling this new joint.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
Brian, that's embarrassing. Complete trash, flow is terrible, son is singing and his content is pretty much telling us he has recycle songs because he just doesn't know what to do anymore lol.

I wonder if the same people hating on this track are the same people that hated on Slim Shady LP when it came out and then years later started saying it was a classic....  

...not to that degree of course because Eminem from 98-2003 is clearly not the same as Eminem from 2004-present, but you get my point.

Em is often ahead of the curve and he challenges his listeners, so I think this is a case where the fans aren't up to the challenge.  ...Obviously there are other cases like the Relapse album where Em was simple not himself

This is a Recovery leftover and that album was terrible. I look back and hate that album more by the year lol.

Walk towards the light, bruh. It's over for him. All he has left are the ignorant, deaf fans like yourself who refuse to call anything with an Eminem stamp on it wack.

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »
Eh, it's ok. What loses me the most is the hook, I'm perfectly fine with pop-sounding women doing hooks, this just doesn't do it for me. Em wasn't off the charts or anything but he wasn't complete ass or anything like people are saying.