Author Topic: Council of Nicea  (Read 467 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Council of Nicea
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »
This was the unseemly bun fight which determined what should or should not be included in the bible, and was actually a fight for political control of the church.

Constantine did not invite bishops who were opposed to his mastery of the church, and those bishops who risked travelling to the council were ambushed and murdered en route.

Those who did make it to Nicaea were physically bullied into accepting his terms of reference, and his primacy over the church.  The bible was cobbled together under these circumstances, which caused the rift between the Eastern Orthodox and Coptic Church on the one hand, and Roman Catholicism on the other.

The bible, therefore, is not the word of god, but a representation of political ambition and greed, designed to support the aspirations of murderous criminals.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Council of Nicea
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 07:50:20 PM »
Anything very powerful will be corrupted sooner or later. Including every successful religion, medicine, major sports, the music industry, hollywood etc.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

daytondanger

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:15:22 AM »

The bible, therefore, is not the word of god.

What makes you so certain?
Have you even studied the bible?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »
This was the unseemly bun fight which determined what should or should not be included in the bible, and was actually a fight for political control of the church.

Constantine did not invite bishops who were opposed to his mastery of the church, and those bishops who risked travelling to the council were ambushed and murdered en route.

Those who did make it to Nicaea were physically bullied into accepting his terms of reference, and his primacy over the church.  The bible was cobbled together under these circumstances, which caused the rift between the Eastern Orthodox and Coptic Church on the one hand, and Roman Catholicism on the other.

The bible, therefore, is not the word of god, but a representation of political ambition and greed, designed to support the aspirations of murderous criminals.
You got your facts all wrong.
1. All bishops were invited to the meeting.
2. You can't provide any proof that Constatantine killed any of them.
3. The point of the meeting was to bring conformity to the church.
4. There was widespread consensus over the issues brought up.
5. You imply that the council came together to write the compose the Bible, but the Bible was put together long before the Council of Nicea took place.

Edit: I made a mistake. The Bible was not put together by the time of the Council, but each book was already written and followed by early Christians.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:46:07 PM by Teddy Roosevelt »