Author Topic: Can anybody give me the breakdown on Lil C Style's career?  (Read 1841 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Can anybody give me the breakdown on Lil C Style's career?
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »
In his legendary verse on "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit" (which is still possibly the best song gangsta rap ever produced) Lil C Style says the name "Swoop" at the end of his verse which actually confused me as a kid and I used to confuse him and Swoop G...

But anyway, now that Haven't You Heard came out on WideAwake I'm really seeing this dude for the great talent he was.  I always thought of Tray Dee and Bad Azz as like the stars of LBC Crew and then Techniec seemed to have that distinct high pitch voice that always caught my attention...

...but really C Style shines on Haven't You Heard.  Its made me more curious about his career or where it may have gotten off track.  Its too bad Suge blocked them from signing with Def Jam cause its like these great talents just got lost in the shuffle at Death Row.

So what's the story of C Styles career?  Y'all think "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit" was originally his vision?  He mustve been only like 18 back then judging from the Show documentary.  Then didn't he have some beef with Snoop (wasn't "My Heat Goes Boom" a C STYLE DISS) and they never reconciled (thus putting an end to his oppurtunity for any mainstream success)?? Did he have any success on the underground??  Any notable songs or albums after the death era of the mid 90's??
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:05:32 PM by The Last Dayz of... Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Can anybody give me the breakdown on Lil C Style's career?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:54:57 PM »
Lil cstyle was a 6.5  outta 10 at best
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:55:45 PM »
And Ithink ur answering ur own questions  ???
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »
Lil cstyle was a 6.5  outta 10 at best

Have you listened to the wideawake Haven't yOu Heard album?

...and for what project was the video "Bustaz" made for? 

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »
lil c style is literally the definition of AVERAGE rapper with an average flow and average lyrics.  average everything. 

he wasn't BAD but he never never someone you'd peep for on a verse.  he literally played the rapper role of EVERY new england patriots running back since Cory Dillon.

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 11:23:41 PM »
lil c style is literally the definition of AVERAGE rapper with an average flow and average lyrics.  average everything. 

he wasn't BAD but he never never someone you'd peep for on a verse.  he literally played the rapper role of EVERY new england patriots running back since Cory Dillon.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 11:47:21 PM »

I get where your comin from, but he did have a distinct flow, its like staccoto, with pauses and really emphasizes his words

Jimmy H.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »
I thought Lil C-Style had his moments.  He was down with DPG for awhile.  He was on the track with Snoop where he dissed Death Row called "Death Row Iz Bitches" but I think once Doggy Dogg went to No Limit, he stopped fucking with him and put out a diss against him on the Death Row "Chronic 2000".  He was also dissing Snoop on "Fuck Dre".  Things quieted down after that.

He put out an independent album "Blacc Ball'd" through DPG Recordz with Daz and seemed to have linked back up with Tha Pound.  Last thing I heard from him was a diss record he did with C-Bo and AP.9 going at Dr. Dre pretty hard.  This was around 2005 or so. Big C-Style put out a statement saying he didn't agree with it and he was cool with Dre.  Haven't heard anything from him since.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 12:35:34 AM »
Lil C-Style was one of the original members of DPG, but when they started workin' on the LBC Crew album, Snoop and Lil Style had some issues about money. Snoop always claimed that Lil C-Style destroyed the LBC Crew tapes and that's why they never could put out the album back in the days or somethin' like that. He was back fuckin' with Snoop when Snoop left Death Row though, but i guess somethin' happened again between them because he dissapeared. He and Daz never had no problems that i know of, even on "Fuck Dre" he's dissin' Snoop and then sayin' "Then i'll go smoke weed with your cousin Daz". He put out "Blacc Balled" on Gangsta Advisory Recordz/Rocc Head Recordz in 2004, i don't think it sold that well. I own the album and it has some great songs on it, but overall it ain't that good. Lil' Style always has said that he's a hustler and not a rapper. I guess that's why he's not releasing music. I think he still fucks with Daz and still lives in Long Beach. When Daz was doin' those live streams, Lil Style was in one the videos with him and they were talkin' about Lil C-Style workin' on a new album, but i haven't heard anything about it after that. Oh yeah, i think Lil C-Style said that his verses on "Easy To Be A Soldier When There Ain't No War" and "Fuck Dre" were old verses that Death Row used without his permission. I think it was the same with the "Rydaz Version" of "Bustaz" that was on Swoop G's second album. He talked about the disses in his interview with WCRydaz. I wish somebody still has that interview, maybe Styles still has it saved? Oh yeah, Snoop was dissin' Lil' C-Style and Swoop G in the original version of "Gangsta Ride", but the song never was never released on the album though. Daz was on the song too, but i can't remember if he was dissin' Lil' C-Style or Swoop G on the song. I always thought that Snoop's "My Heat Goes Boom" was about Swoop G.

...and for what project was the video "Bustaz" made for?

You seriously haven't heard "C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation"? It's one of the best West Coast compilations of all times in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:49:24 AM by Okka »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 12:41:19 AM »
 I think he's a decent rapper and i like his album, its a shame about the whole LBC crew situaion but i think he was one of the weaker members.
 One thing that made it hard for me to respect him was what has already been mentioned.
 How you go from rapping with Snoop and dissing Suge on deathrow iz bitchez to being back with deathrow dissing Snoop?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 01:24:54 AM »
Good info and props to everyone that posted.. a few thoughts...

-first off anybody from DPG/LBC Crew that dissed Snoop was dumb because Snoop didn't do anything but help his homies careers.  He came from the era when rappers used to believe strongly in givin back to the hood, and if you listen to the Show soundtrack he was even generous enough to accept criticism from them. 

-there's some "full album So So Gangsta" on youtube that is supposedly Daz full album from So So Def and the second track is the original "Gangsta Ride" with Daz and Snoop

-yes, I actually did have the 19th Street album several years back and still have it but its just been collectin dust, I think I slept on it because I've caught up to some nice cuts since from that album, and with the WideAwake release of Haven't You Heard I'm back listenin to those cats again so I really need to check it out again...

-I also like that chick Legacy.  I think her and Sentrelle were both cool.  I remember hearing Legacy on Bad Azz first solo she is on one of the better songs on the album.... and I've been bumpin Sentrelle and Tray Dee "Droppin Bombz" since 96

Eddz

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 01:59:55 AM »
I think Lil C-Stlye is the weakest link in the LBC Crew & his flow on sounds good over the more laid back tracks like Flossin. I remember a couple years back Bad Azz was sayin that they were working on a new LBC Crew album with just him Lil C-Stlye & Techniec (rumored to be signed to Hoo-Bangin Records) but then Bad Azz had a rant about not getting beats from Warren G & that was the last we heard about the new project.

Are Big C-Style & Lil C-Stlye brothers? I've always wondered but do remember hearing about it.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 05:41:38 AM »
Oh yeah, i think Lil C-Style said that his verses on "Easy To Be A Soldier When There Ain't No War" and "Fuck Dre" were old verses that Death Row used without his permission. I think it was the same with the "Rydaz Version" of "Bustaz" that was on Swoop G's second album. He talked about the disses in his interview with WCRydaz.
I always wanted to know what the deal was with him dissing Death Row with Snoop and then doing songs against him for Death Row.  "Fuck Dre" does kind of sound like a paste job because his flow doesn't seem to mesh with the beat but who knows?

Are Big C-Style & Lil C-Stlye brothers? I've always wondered but do remember hearing about it.
No, they aren't related.  Big Style just gave him permission to use the name.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 05:45:32 AM »

Nah, i don't think so. Tiny C-Style is related to Big Style though if i remember right.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »
lil c style was dope and the best member of the lbc crew next to tray deee.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.