Author Topic: Is "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" a Classic ?  (Read 1512 times)

Fresh Bone

Re: Is "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" a Classic ?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 02:17:46 PM »
Classic westcoast record. Overall not a classic.

straight out of compton
niggaz for life
Chronic
Doggystyle
All eyez on me
Bow Down
Death certificate
streetz is a motherfucka
The shadiest one( personal favorite )
The documentary
good kid mad city

the streetz is a mutha shits on good kid mad city

Real talk, my dude. I remember buying the CD, putting it into my portable CD player and knowing it was straight classic from the 2nd-3rd song. Anyone from around the time will remember that this dropped on the SAME DAY as Dr. Dre - 2001, and either you didn't trust '2001' or it was sold out, but I went out solely to but 'Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha...' and I was more than happy.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
and ending with Callin out names was perfect

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »
Solid album but not a classic. A good 8/10 though as it had many banging joints, it's like Kurupts version of Doggstyle minus Dre.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 03:02:07 PM »
Definitely a classic. Only a handful of Westcoast albums since All Eyez On Me are up to par with this. Embodied the West Coast at the time and brought Kurupt to new heights in terms of fame/popularity. Damn near the whole album got radio play out here in LA.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »

Least fave:
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
:eh:

word lol that song is a 5/5, the only song I skip and it's not even so bad is "Tequilla"

"Live On The Mic" was a little underwhelming for a song with him and KRS but it was cool

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »
i like all the songs but i find myself focusing on trylogy and the last 5  8)

BIGWORM

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 06:34:51 PM »
This is a westcoast classic and the only album that I can listen to from start to end from kurupt. Solid ass album...

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »
 I consider it a classic. At the time i wasnt really feelin the track with goodie mob and it was kinda shit that they put hoes a house wife on there. They shoulda had a new Kurupt/Dre song for it. But i guess everything they recorded at the time ended up on 2001.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 07:22:38 PM »
I consider it a classic. At the time i wasnt really feelin the track with goodie mob and it was kinda shit that they put hoes a house wife on there. They shoulda had a new Kurupt/Dre song for it. But i guess everything they recorded at the time ended up on 2001.

hoes a house wife was most likely Kurupts song and Dre took it for 2001

you know how Dre is

MOBNigga06

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »

Least fave:
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha

I'm surprised that anybody could dislike this song. One of Kurupt's best tracks, in my opinion. It's just good music, period.

The album is definitely classic, Kurupt Young Gotti is one of the greatest rappers in the history of the game, fuck what ya heard.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »

Least fave:
Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha

I'm surprised that anybody could dislike this song. One of Kurupt's best tracks, in my opinion. It's just good music, period.

The album is definitely classic, Kurupt Young Gotti is one of the greatest rappers in the history of the game, fuck what ya heard.

he must not like crackhead Daz

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 01:13:11 AM »

hoes a house wife was most likely Kurupts song and Dre took it for 2001

Of course it's a Kurupt song, the OG is on Kuruption. Dre did the remix in 98 and that was probably the first time the 2001 sound was heard, bringing out Hittman at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:15:04 AM by Do Buy Albums »

dnjp4life

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 02:44:14 AM »
Probably a west-coast classic.  I listen to it more than 'Space Boogie' that's for sure, but I don't have and haven't heard 'Kuruption' in its entirety so I can't compare it to that.
The Dogg Pound posse cuts are great, as are the straight up rhyming tracks like 'Loose Cannons' and 'Step Up'.  I also really like the more mainstream songs like 'Welcome Home' and 'Who Ride Wit Us'.  Soopafly's melodic beat on 'It Ain't About You' really sticks in your head as well.
The only 2 songs that I'm not a big fan of are 'Tequilla' and 'Your Gyrlfriend', mainly because of the annoying hooks.
All in all a strong effort for an album with 18 tracks on it.

WestWestYA

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 07:57:41 AM »
It's a Classic you dumb dumb (In Jayo Felony's Voice)  ;D