Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Midnight Life (Discussion Thread)  (Read 7443 times)

Mr. Theo

Re: DJ Quik - The Midnight Life (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »
I Need the complete credits.

Someone post this!!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »

Someone post this!!

Only could find this

1. Intro
2. That N****r's Crazy (D. Blake)
3. Back That Shit Up feat. Tay F 3rd & David Blake II (D. Blake, D. Kim, D. Blake II)
4. Trapped On The Tracks feat. Bishop Lamont & David Blake II (D. Blake, P. Martin, D. Blake II)
5. El's Interlude 2 (D. Blake, E. Debarge)
6. Puffin The Dragon (D. Blake)
7. Pet Sematary (D. Blake)
8. Life Jacket feat. Suga Free & Dom Kennedy (D. Blake, D. Walker, D. Hunn)
9. That Getter feat. David Blake (D. Blake, D. Blake II)
10. The Conduct feat. Mack 10 (D. Blake, D. Rolison)
11. Shine feat. David Blake (D. Blake, D. Blake II)
12. Bacon's Groove feat. Rob "Fonksta" Bacon (D. Blake, R. Bacon, Jr.)
13. Broken Down feat. Suga Free & Tweed Cadillac (D. Blake, D. Walker, C. Brown)
14. Why'd You Have To Lie feat. Joi (D. Blake, J. Gilliam)
15. F**k All Night (D. Blake)
16. Quik's Groove 9 (D. Blake)

WestWestYA

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 08:55:24 AM »

Someone post this!!

Mr. Theo

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 09:44:53 AM »

Someone post this!!

no this is the back cover....i wanna that credits in the inside

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
Not listening to any leaks. Not even reading the comments. I'm picking this up the day it drops and thats all.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 01:37:06 PM »
I'm on the fence whether or not I should just cop this at Best Buy later not having heard any leaks... can't find any good rips so I may just say fuck it and cop it but the mixed reviews make me want to download first

MOBNigga06

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »
I'm on the fence whether or not I should just cop this at Best Buy later not having heard any leaks... can't find any good rips so I may just say fuck it and cop it but the mixed reviews make me want to download first

Homie, you're out of your mind if you think a DJ Quik album might not be worth the $14 or whatever they charge at Best Buy.

Buy with confidence, nigga. You won't regret it.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

shu

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »
DJ Quik Claims The West Was Won With Tha Eastsidaz & Battlecat

http://tsobk.com/dj-quik-claims-the-west-was-won-with-tha-eastsidaz-battlecat/

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »

Homie, you're out of your mind if you think a DJ Quik album might not be worth the $14 or whatever they charge at Best Buy.

Buy with confidence, nigga. You won't regret it.

I peeped the snippets on itunes and looked for it at Best Buy but they didn't have it  :(

Mr. Theo

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »
Wow..several DJ Quik interviews yesterday...some new info..let's go..

1 - ON 93.5 KDAY Takeover Quik said Battlecat was present when he made Born In Raised in Compton track.

2 - ON Complex Mag..Quik said he had a little "issue" with Pharrell in the past..because of "Get Nekkid" (Mausberg Song) portion used in Nelly "Hot In Herre"

3 - QUIK SAID HIS NEXT ALBUM, THE 10TH ALBUM WILL BE CALLED "THE MORNING AFTER"(complex mag)

4 - In Bullseye show,(find this on SoundCloud) Quik said he tours always with a hairdresser.

5 - On the same show, he spoke about the "ALL EYEZ ON ME BOOTLEG" incident..Donzelly stole and put the demo in the streets, Quik after was put to the test, with a gun in his chest...

6 - On Top14 Favorites rappers, he put AMG in the list...and said "AMG inspired Biggie".

Is It Quik..always some good new stories!!!

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 08:27:58 AM »
^ Thanks! I've read the Complex interview and I got something to say about this:

"I’m just glad you like “Pet Semetery.” And I’m glad you hate “Broken Down” because I fast-forward that motherfucker, too."

"Brokend Down" is my favorite song of the album, actually I wasn't expecting Quik doing a song like this, because I know he's being tryin' to repress his fonky soul since 2003 or something (in "Trauma" is pretty clear - great album, though), you can just took for example everything he said on the talkbox in all these years, he went from "I keep it alive for Roger" to never play it again.. but then there it is on "The  Conduct" (another track that I love and that most people seem to ignore).

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Funk music, like we have to hate it because it's played out.. but to me the best tracks of this album are the funky ones (add "That N Crazy", "Fuck All Night", etc).. I hope DJ Quik did them songs because he still love it and not only to please his older fans like me.

Ciao!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:30:41 AM by Davizz »

WestWestYA

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »
About a year. While I was working on Book of David, I couldn’t hear in my left ear. That’s why I mixed that record, it's mixed all loud for nothing. Just a loud, angry-ass record. When it could have been toned down, pulled back; but I was rapping loud just to hear myself.

With this record, my hearing got fixed, I got to hear what music sounds like again and finally got some real, new fucking technology. The good thing about technology is that it gets better and cheaper. So we got new good headphones, new keyboards, smaller shit that gives us these bigger sounds that we used to have that we don’t have to bring an Escalade full of equipment to the studio. Now that shit’s in your laptop. It’s a little one drum machine, one little controller midi trigger keyboard, and it’s back to that. Hopefully the next record that I want to do is the answer to this record; it’s called The Morning After. This is The Midnight Life, being drunk; and then there’s The Morning After. I see the album cover being me looking up at a big, gigantic toilet.

Morning after, baby. Just fun again, man. That's the album I want Dr. Dre on, Ice Cube on, and me and my musicians are going to write them some not-no-cornball shit. We're going to write some big, heavy music. If you listen to this record again, too, you’ll notice I stayed away from them gangster claps. I’m over that shit. That’s it, bro. I ain’t got nothing else to say. :'( I’m just glad you like “Pet Semetery.” And I’m glad you hate “Broken Down” because I fast-forward that motherfucker, too.

T-o-m

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
About a year. While I was working on Book of David, I couldn’t hear in my left ear. That’s why I mixed that record, it's mixed all loud for nothing. Just a loud, angry-ass record. When it could have been toned down, pulled back; but I was rapping loud just to hear myself.

With this record, my hearing got fixed, I got to hear what music sounds like again and finally got some real, new fucking technology. The good thing about technology is that it gets better and cheaper. So we got new good headphones, new keyboards, smaller shit that gives us these bigger sounds that we used to have that we don’t have to bring an Escalade full of equipment to the studio. Now that shit’s in your laptop. It’s a little one drum machine, one little controller midi trigger keyboard, and it’s back to that. Hopefully the next record that I want to do is the answer to this record; it’s called The Morning After. This is The Midnight Life, being drunk; and then there’s The Morning After. I see the album cover being me looking up at a big, gigantic toilet.

Morning after, baby. Just fun again, man. That's the album I want Dr. Dre on, Ice Cube on, and me and my musicians are going to write them some not-no-cornball shit. We're going to write some big, heavy music. If you listen to this record again, too, you’ll notice I stayed away from them gangster claps. I’m over that shit. That’s it, bro. I ain’t got nothing else to say. :'( I’m just glad you like “Pet Semetery.” And I’m glad you hate “Broken Down” because I fast-forward that motherfucker, too.

WTF Broken Down is one of the highlights of this album for me. Its funny though, he can say fast forward and still put it on the album ;D

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
gave this a spin last night after T.I.'s album and was pretty surprised by how good it was based off the comments on here

I'll be buying this whenever I see it in stores