Author Topic: Tulowitzki...  (Read 571 times)

Remedy360

Re: Tulowitzki...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 11:48:17 PM »
The only negative things I have to say about Cano's departure is that I hate how the Yankees squandered the draft pick they got from the Mariners as compensation and  I still stand by opinion that they should've traded Cano at the trade deadline in 2013. 2013 was a lost season for the Yankees anyway and they could've taken advantage of a lot of teams who could've used Cano in the playoffs (looking at you Detroit, Texas and St. Louis).

You have no idea how much I fucking wish we made a rental trade for Cano in 2013. Yes we would lose prospects for a few months of a rental, but to get a championship? Absolutely. The fact that we even got to the NLCS with Mark Ellis at 2B is incredible, and considering Hanley, Ethier, and Kemp were all out of the play-offs, we REALLY could have used that offense.

I thought I remembered seeing Hanley out there? That's crazy if so, didn't think about that, I remember watching and thinking that team still seemed fucking loading on offense though.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:53 AM »
The only negative things I have to say about Cano's departure is that I hate how the Yankees squandered the draft pick they got from the Mariners as compensation and  I still stand by opinion that they should've traded Cano at the trade deadline in 2013. 2013 was a lost season for the Yankees anyway and they could've taken advantage of a lot of teams who could've used Cano in the playoffs (looking at you Detroit, Texas and St. Louis).

You have no idea how much I fucking wish we made a rental trade for Cano in 2013. Yes we would lose prospects for a few months of a rental, but to get a championship? Absolutely. The fact that we even got to the NLCS with Mark Ellis at 2B is incredible, and considering Hanley, Ethier, and Kemp were all out of the play-offs, we REALLY could have used that offense.

I thought I remembered seeing Hanley out there? That's crazy if so, didn't think about that, I remember watching and thinking that team still seemed fucking loading on offense though.

Hanley played in the first round, then got injured in Game 1 of the 2nd round from a fastball to the rib cage. He made a valiant comeback a couple games later and helped us win but simply couldn't play anymore and had to sit out midway through the next game and never returned. Ethier eventually returned as well but was playing with one leg basically.

That series was the most frustrating thing I've ever seen in my life, each game was neck and neck aside from the elimination game where Kershaw choked like a mother fucker. Injuries are a part of the game, but our squad when healthy was clearly a superior team.

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »

Hanley played in the first round, then got injured in Game 1 of the 2nd round from a fastball to the rib cage. He made a valiant comeback a couple games later and helped us win but simply couldn't play anymore and had to sit out midway through the next game and never returned. Ethier eventually returned as well but was playing with one leg basically.

That series was the most frustrating thing I've ever seen in my life, each game was neck and neck aside from the elimination game where Kershaw choked like a mother fucker. Injuries are a part of the game, but our squad when healthy was clearly a superior team.

Speaking of Kemp, do you see him getting moved? From what I hear the M's have been interested but the salary is a big problem. Just checking his numbers he looks good, but not nearly the guy that was arguably the best in the game a few seasons ago.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 02:08:54 AM »

Speaking of Kemp, do you see him getting moved? From what I hear the M's have been interested but the salary is a big problem. Just checking his numbers he looks good, but not nearly the guy that was arguably the best in the game a few seasons ago.

Nah. It looked like a real possibility during the offseason, but not anymore for a multitude of reasons.

A) We actually need his production. His offensive numbers and metrics are good, and being that this team's offense goes through dry spells, his bat would be greatly missed if we were to lose him.

B) At the start of the year, his defense was so bad that it was embarrassing. This is a result of him sitting out two seasons in a row as well as missing spring training. Here's the kicker... his defense is starting to look good finally, but other teams try to use this season as a whole to judge how his defense is, which is going to be problematic when negotiating a deal for him.

C) The biggest reason... his contract. His contract is fucking enormous and is going to be hard to work around. Why? Because Kemp is clearly one of the most naturally gifted players in the league, but has had an unending list of injury issues (and honestly, despite being an amazing teammate and leader, he's a bit of a headcase), thus making him a high-risk, high-reward player. Other teams don't want to pay his contract, but if we eat his contract, that means we are assuming the risk and reaping none of the potential reward. Meaning if he's getting traded, it better be for a damn good package or we're not paying his contract, especially since we have absolutely no problem affording his contract.

Now, Ned Colletti has his flaws (like his obsession with broken closers), but he's not a moron. He knows when he's getting low-balled. And this is why I don't see Kemp being moved.

MistaNova

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »

In retrospect though, if the Yankees had traded Cano to Dodgers then it would've sent a message to everybody that the Dodgers were going to be the one to sign Cano to a huge contract (like most people expected they would). Especially if the Dodgers were to give up a package of say, Corey Seager, Joc Pederson and Pedro Baez. A package I would gladly take any day of the week.
Dammit, we really should've traded Cano when we had the chance.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 03:26:13 PM »
I know a lot of prospect reviews consider Urias to be the ultimate prospect because he's only 17 years old (fucking mind-blowing), I think if there's a prospect who isn't getting moved, it's Seager. This dude rises in rankings every single day, and even if Dodgers smoked crack and decided they didn't want him as their future, they would still wait for him to rise all the way to the top of the rankings before moving him.

I legitimately feel bad for Joc Pederson because of the outfield logjam, but there are a lot of misconceptions about him. His potential looks sky-high but he still does need fine-tuning at a minor league level. His plate discipline is lacking and true aces in the majors would have a field day with him. I hope he stays with the team and eventually clear up room in our OF for him though.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »
i thought it was 50/50 he stayed in NY or went to the Dodgers

no inkling he'd sell his soul for the cash

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »
i thought it was 50/50 he stayed in NY or went to the Dodgers

no inkling he'd sell his soul for the cash

;D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 09:14:03 PM »
future Yankee

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 06:18:23 AM »
He'd officially make us the most fragile lineup in sports.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
He'd officially make us the most fragile lineup in sports.

what about going after Hanley?