Author Topic: Cowboys SHOCKED the Seahawks  (Read 825 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Cowboys SHOCKED the Seahawks
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »
WTF?  THE ONE TIME I ROOT FOR SEATTLE AND THIS IS HOW THEY GOTTA DO ME????

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Cowboys SHOCKED the Seahawks
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:08:17 PM »
I had this all week. Romo's careless throwing and that o-line being able to protect the QB is exactly what did the Seahawks in against SD, and I knew it would happen again this week. Seattle is like that big fat childhood bully who picks on you as much as you let him, but one sock to the eye and he runs home crying. The only problem is you have to hit him right in the eye or your dead. Romo's daring nature easily could have backfired into a Seattle blowout.

P.S. all this Russel Wilson is elite QB noise needs to stop. He's a solid QB who has great play making abilities, but he's surrounded by a monster doing all the heavy lifting. He's not a top 10 QB, he just looks like one because he's on a top 3 team. Just like Brady in 01-04. I will say that I have seen more out of Russel than I saw out of Tom in those years.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:28 PM »
I had this all week. Romo's careless throwing and that o-line being able to protect the QB is exactly what did the Seahawks in against SD, and I knew it would happen again this week. Seattle is like that big fat childhood bully who picks on you as much as you let him, but one sock to the eye and he runs home crying. The only problem is you have to hit him right in the eye or your dead. Romo's daring nature easily could have backfired into a Seattle blowout.

P.S. all this Russel Wilson is elite QB noise needs to stop. He's a solid QB who has great play making abilities, but he's surrounded by a monster doing all the heavy lifting. He's not a top 10 QB, he just looks like one because he's on a top 3 team. Just like Brady in 01-04. I will say that I have seen more out of Russel than I saw out of Tom in those years.

14/28  126 yards  and an INT

yuck!  that's Geno like

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »
Everything Shallow said about Russell prior to the Brady sentence I one billion percent agree with. Mightily overrated. Was yelling at people and my boys at the bars about that.

Won a lot on this game. Fucking hyped. How bout them Cowboys.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »
Everything Shallow said about Russell prior to the Brady sentence I one billion percent agree with. Mightily overrated. Was yelling at people and my boys at the bars about that.

i kinda think Wilson, Kaep and all the other running QB's will get figured out within 5 years of their careers or less.  it's why pocket passers are always the ones with the long careers.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »

He's better right now than 01 and 02 Brady for sure. 03 and 04 are where it's debatable. I'll concede he is not nearly the pocket passer that 03/04 Brady was, but 03/04 Brady was not an elite level pocket passer. I think his best year was 05. That's including 07, and last year. Russel has a way to go before I say he's better than or as good as 05 Brady, but Russell's ability to scramble and make a play make up for his lack of pocket ability; compared to 03/04 Brady.

(assuming you were even watching the NFL at the same level you watch it now, back in 03/04)

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 03:25:35 AM »

i kinda think Wilson, Kaep and all the other running QB's will get figured out within 5 years of their careers or less.  it's why pocket passers are always the ones with the long careers.

Wilson isn't a running QB the way Kapernick is though. While he was bad today Wilson is a good passer that has the ability to run whereas Kap is more willing to run downfield. Wilson did have 100 yds against the Redskins last week, but that's more of an exception than the norm. Dude had moreTD passes in his first two seasons of any QB outside of Dan Marino, so he's much more than just a running QB. Wilson just tends to just play smarter in general. As far as where he's at as a QB, of course it's helped him to come onto a team with the running game/defense that the Hawks had. But at the same time, Wilson has had some great games when other areas were failing, the guys just a flat out playermaker, and has played the last season + with a makeshift O-Line that is just not good when it comes to pass blocking. While he obviously had a bad game today, it's not fair to just look at this game as representative of his career and say "SEE  I TOLD YOU" when he's been very good much more often than not.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:12:51 AM »

Wilson isn't a running QB the way Kapernick is though. While he was bad today Wilson is a good passer that has the ability to run whereas Kap is more willing to run downfield. Wilson did have 100 yds against the Redskins last week, but that's more of an exception than the norm. Dude had moreTD passes in his first two seasons of any QB outside of Dan Marino, so he's much more than just a running QB. Wilson just tends to just play smarter in general. As far as where he's at as a QB, of course it's helped him to come onto a team with the running game/defense that the Hawks had. But at the same time, Wilson has had some great games when other areas were failing, the guys just a flat out playermaker, and has played the last season + with a makeshift O-Line that is just not good when it comes to pass blocking. While he obviously had a bad game today, it's not fair to just look at this game as representative of his career and say "SEE  I TOLD YOU" when he's been very good much more often than not.

If the only argument was whether Wilson is a very good QB then you won't hear many people saying See I told you so. He is very good and would be a welcome starter and playmaker to most teams in the NFL. He's simply not top 10, and definitely not top 5. But the way the media treated him after the win with the BS "Russel beats Peyton 43-8" mumbo jumbo, it got everyone severely overhyping him. And that's where the backlash started.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:44:03 AM »

i will give Wilson credit for having less weapons than Kaep does  (but he does have the better RB) but it seems like yesterday was the first game I saw Russell play where he didn't run at least 5x

i am still very disappointed in him for losing that game yesterday.  I put it squarely on his shoulderes.

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »

If the only argument was whether Wilson is a very good QB then you won't hear many people saying See I told you so. He is very good and would be a welcome starter and playmaker to most teams in the NFL. He's simply not top 10, and definitely not top 5. But the way the media treated him after the win with the BS "Russel beats Peyton 43-8" mumbo jumbo, it got everyone severely overhyping him. And that's where the backlash started.

I'll give you top 5, but I can't really think of 10 other QB's that I would rather have, especially on this team. Plus, considering how hard the guy works there's no reason to say he's not going to continue to get better As far as young QB's in the NFL, I can see wanting Luck over him, but outside of that there's nobody I'd rather have. I'm a fan of Cam Newton but his attitude still rubs me the wrong way at times. That's funny that you heard it as "Russell beat Peyton" all I heard all offseason was based on how dominant the defense was, the "elite" conversation didn't really seem to start until a few weeks ago.

Remedy360

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »

i will give Wilson credit for having less weapons than Kaep does  (but he does have the better RB) but it seems like yesterday was the first game I saw Russell play where he didn't run at least 5x

i am still very disappointed in him for losing that game yesterday.  I put it squarely on his shoulderes.

Well, he is going to use his legs at times, my only point was that when you say "running QB" it makes me think of someone like Vince Young or Mike Vick where if you don't let him run downfield he's not going to do much. There's a lot to like about him as a passer as well.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
Mike Vick could throw bombs.  he wasn't accurate on short or medium passes but damn he had a cannon.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »

I'll give you top 5, but I can't really think of 10 other QB's that I would rather have, especially on this team. Plus, considering how hard the guy works there's no reason to say he's not going to continue to get better As far as young QB's in the NFL, I can see wanting Luck over him, but outside of that there's nobody I'd rather have. I'm a fan of Cam Newton but his attitude still rubs me the wrong way at times. That's funny that you heard it as "Russell beat Peyton" all I heard all offseason was based on how dominant the defense was, the "elite" conversation didn't really seem to start until a few weeks ago.

I'm not saying he won't won day be top 10, he arguably already is, or even that top 5 is out of reach. It isn't. He shows a lot of skill and a lot of promise. When I say top 10 right now I mean are there 10 QBs right now I would draft before Wilson if I'm putting together a team to win a ring. And for me it's a yes. Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Brady, Ben, Romo, Eli (yes Eli), and Luck. That's 9 QBs I would take over Wilson with out even thinking about it. For that 10th spot on the list I wouldn't have a problem giving it to Wilson, but it could just as easily go to Cutler, Ryan, Flacco, or Stafford. And to be honest I expect big things for the rest of the season from Carson, Hoyer, Foles, Cam if healthy.

I'll take Russel over Kaep, Alex Smith, Orton, Dalton, Tannehill, and that bunch and I'll do it easily. But I don't see the Seahawks losing last year or being any worse this year with the guys I mentioned at the end of the list on the above paragraph.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 07:17:53 PM »

Remedy360

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:23 PM »

I'm not saying he won't won day be top 10, he arguably already is, or even that top 5 is out of reach. It isn't. He shows a lot of skill and a lot of promise. When I say top 10 right now I mean are there 10 QBs right now I would draft before Wilson if I'm putting together a team to win a ring. And for me it's a yes. Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Brady, Ben, Romo, Eli (yes Eli), and Luck. That's 9 QBs I would take over Wilson with out even thinking about it. For that 10th spot on the list I wouldn't have a problem giving it to Wilson, but it could just as easily go to Cutler, Ryan, Flacco, or Stafford. And to be honest I expect big things for the rest of the season from Carson, Hoyer, Foles, Cam if healthy.

I'll take Russel over Kaep, Alex Smith, Orton, Dalton, Tannehill, and that bunch and I'll do it easily. But I don't see the Seahawks losing last year or being any worse this year with the guys I mentioned at the end of the list on the above paragraph.

I don't know man, our O-Line is just flat out bad right now, I feel like if you don't have someone back there that can extend plays in the pocket you're gonna be on your ass all day. I wouldn't argue with most of those guys as far as bringing a team immediate success, but if we're talking just one year I'd still rather have him over Ben, Eli and Romo. But as far as the Seahawks are concerned I hate the idea of having a traditional pocket passer behind that (currently) horrible pass blocking.