Author Topic: The last 5 albums you listened to  (Read 191279 times)

Blood$

Re: The last 5 albums you listened to
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2015, 07:56:31 AM »
UGK - Underground Kingz
Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2
J. Cole - Forest Hills Drive
Young Dolph - High Class Street Music 5
Trick Daddy - Back By Thug Demand

BIGWORM

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »
1) bossolo and spice-1 ~ thug therapy
2) bizzy bone ~ the wonder years
3) ludacris ~ burning bridges ep
4) supercat ~ sweets for my sweets
5) old school james ~ vol. 3

doggfather

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
1) bossolo and spice-1 ~ thug therapy

This is out?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BIGWORM

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »
Yes I got my CD last monday in the mail Bossolo autographed it as well. Surprisingly the cd is tight. That "steve visious" does 90 percent of the production and its banging. 

doggfather

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2015, 12:16:43 AM »
Yes I got my CD last monday in the mail Bossolo autographed it as well. Surprisingly the cd is tight. That "steve visious" does 90 percent of the production and its banging. 

gonna order today. from here, right?

http://www.thugworldmusicgroup.blogspot.com/

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BIGWORM

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2015, 01:15:31 PM »
Yes sir and Bossolo doesn't play around he ships out the cd the next day. I wish cd ordering was as easy and quick as he was...

Desert Lord

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »
kendrick lamar - to pimp a butterfly

quik - midnight life

lalah hathaway - self portrait

the roots - game theory

the wash (ost)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2015, 02:04:37 PM »
o.c. - jewelz
the roots - and then you shoot your cousin
jayo felony - take a ride
pete rock - soul survivor
the notorious b.i.g. - life after death

*not even gonna include that wack ass kendrick joint
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

doggfather

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 06:37:05 AM »
just some Click album in heavy rotation:

Suga T: it's all good
b-legit: hard to b-legit
E-40: Revenue Retrievin': Overtime Shift
Suga T & Frineds: gettin it

and the Snoop Dogg & Tha Eastsidaz: thats my work 4

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
Action Bronson - Mr. Wonderful
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Bushwick Bill - Phantom Of The Rapra
Geto Boys - Til Death Do Us Part
Scarface - Balls & My Word
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:11:25 PM by Blood$ »

doggfather

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2015, 03:50:31 AM »
b-legit: word pimpin

E-40: Revenue Retrievin': Graveyard Shift

3X Krazy Presents B.A. ~ Block Report

Danny Boy Presents The House of Slaine Mixtape (Mixed by DJ Frank White)

Ras Kass: Revenge of the Spit (Hosted by DJ Dow Jones)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
Action Bronson - Mr. Wonderful
Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2
B-Legit - What We Been Doin
Curren$y - Pilot Talk III
Spodee - The B.I.D.

dnjp4life

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2015, 02:37:50 AM »
DJ Quik - The Midnight Life: my album of the moment, good mix of vintage DJ Quik stuff with some newer sounding material  8)

DOOM - Born Like This: widely seen as not one of DOOM's best releases, but is actually a very strong album and very dark to boot.  Standout tracks include 'Gazillion Ear', 'Rap Ambush' and 'More Rhymin'.  He also raps over J Dilla's 'Lightworks' on here, and there's a random Raekwon solo track in the middle of the album for some reason.

Shady XV: another album with a nice mix of tracks to cater to different tastes.  The new Bad Meets Evil, Slaughterhouse and Eminem tracks are all well worth hearing, as is the new D12 joint.  The greatest hits disc could have included a couple of tracks that seemed obvious (like Obie Trice's 'Got Some Teeth' for example), but other than that it's an enjoyable listen.

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle: classic, somehow seems to never age and sounds like it could have been released last week.

Madlib: The Beat Konducta Volumes 1-2: an instrumental album similar in style to J Dilla's 'Donuts' album, with each beat lasting roughly 1 to 2 minutes and meant to be imagined in the listener's mind as part of a specific scene in a movie.  I'd urge people to listen not least because it's fun trying to place different rappers on each beat (naturally you can see MF DOOM on most of them).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:40:01 AM by dnjp4life »

doggfather

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2015, 01:56:00 AM »
B-Legit: What We Been Doin really good album IMO, discuss here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=316866.0

Kendrick Lamar 'To Pimp a Butterfly' anotha strong album from k-dot. some point better than GKMC

Spice 1 & Bossolo - Thug Therapy good album, more like a bossolo feat Spice 1 album, but still good.

La Coka Nostra: The Audacity of Coke my all time fav mixtape ever.  8)

Ras Kass: A.D.I.D.A.S. still a good album IMO.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 05:18:32 AM »
I bought all 5 Otis redding albums for $19.95 which roughly works out to 5bucks a pop...
Listened to his beautiful voice for a week then threw them in the bin cos I lost the plot and thought they were re recorded and it didn't sound the same...

Last 5 hip hop albums I copped were, from most recent to later:
Kendrick Lamar - to pimp a butterfly... Loved every song on the album... Don't usually listen to artists that weren't big in the 90s but I had to make an exception for kendrick cos the album cover picture depicted a mad scene of justice... At least that's how it seemed to me...
Threw it in the bin cos I don't want these devils using it against me....

The Game: year of the wolf.... Married to the game, bigger than me and f.u.n. were my favorites.... Loved that line, how you get caught up in the web wit tarantulas, cos we call pedaphiles rock spiders, and I call all these fouls who pick on people incapable of self defence pedaphiles cos to me its the same power trip...

Ice Cube - war and peace - the war disc.... Got it for Christmas off my mothers redneck boyfriend.... Listened to it driving in the car for bout 2 weeks then threw it in the bin with the rest of my gangsta rap cos he said the name Kelly on it and he was talking all this foul shit that I never really used to pay much attention to until I was victimized by fouls who use abuse n exploitation as a means to profit from the same corruption that afflicted them in the past.... I know, dog eat dog.... Kill or be killed... Seriously kids, its not that crazy out here, n saying it happens elsewhere is like saying we should re establish slavery as a common practice n oppress people for the sole priviliage of those who deem themselves to better human beings than others.....

Eminem - ? - don't remember the title, I think it was slaughter something... Another Christmas gift from my mums bf... Didn't even take the plastic off.... Just threw it in the bin.... Not a fan of eminem, but mum taught me to be polite so I said thank you n accepted the gift n then got rid of it in an orderly fashion.

Tupac - the rose that grew from the concrete - favorite songs were Wife 4 Life n In The Event Of My Demise... Loved the panther anthems, loved the spoken word poetry, loved the native american track, loved the Jamaican kid track, even loved the country or country sounding track, and I absolutely hate country music, not as much as I hate hard core death metal but its up there..... Surprise, surprise, I threw it in the bin cos I'm a retard and keep tripping out on rap, but  not biased, I threw all my music away so no one can mess with it...

I only had about 50 CDs n even though I could of donated them to a charity or tried to hock them, I didn't really think of it at the time, so.... Hey, maybe they found them at the rubbish tip n sold them... I hear there's plenty of people that pick through trash for a living...