Author Topic: Why is a soup kitchen considered service to the people but McDonalds isn't?  (Read 1072 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Libertarian thought for the day:

I saw some post on facebook that said...

"You value is not determined by who is worth the most but who provides the most service to the people".  Then it had a picture of some white dude in Africa serving some kind of soup....

But there is a sign on McDonalds that says "More than 1 billion people served".

...So then wouldn't the owner of McDonalds be one of the greatest people in the world considering all the hungry people he has served?

My point is: big businesses serve the wants and needs of their customers through products and services.  So how are they not serving humanity when they provide things such as cell phones, computers, transportation, etc. that increase our standard of living?  But yet, they are the bad guys and the big evil capitalists, go figure, ficca.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jeanmiche777

"You value is not determined by who is worth the most but who provides the most service to the people".  Then it had a picture of some white dude in Africa serving some kind of soup....

...So then wouldn't the owner of McDonalds be one of the greatest people in the world considering all the hungry people he has served?

My point is: big businesses serve the wants and needs of their customers through products and services.  So how are they not serving humanity when they provide things such as cell phones, computers, transportation, etc. that increase our standard of living?  But yet, they are the bad guys and the big evil capitalists, go figure, ficca.

Is it really increasing our standard of living? At which cost?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Is it really increasing our standard of living? At which cost?

You don't think that modern forms of technology, communication, travel,  and farmind have improved our standard of living?

At what cost.... it is improving and expanding the economy so not only is there no cost but there is a surplus
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

because the food mcdonalds makes kills people

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
because the food mcdonalds makes kills people

then let's use Subway instead of McDonald's for an example... you get my point

Hack Wilson - real

is it Subway or McDonald's goal to feed starving people?

No, they want to make $$$

Do people volunteer to work at McDonalds?  Helllll no.

Will_B

What about bakeries at the grocery store?

Hack Wilson - real

What about bakeries at the grocery store?

those people are amazing

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
at the end of the day, business are only out to MAKE MONEY. they put out what people want only if theres profit involved. its called supply and demand. mcdonald's, subway or whoever the hell it is will not give out food for free because theyre losing money that way and big greedy corporations are against that obviously.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Food for thought.

When the economy is doing well, McDonalds begins to lose business. When the economy is down, McDonalds starts to see increase sales. Why is this, because it's cheap food. And well Americans may suffer through a bad economy, obesity rises due to eating bad food. But that doesn't mean McDonalds isn't doing a service. It means that it has really cheap food.

Part of America's food problem is that we have mastered producing cheap unhealthy food at a very fast rate, which means when times are bad people will eat garbage. When times are good, people will afford to eat better. But I will say this, we are blessed in the US, when times are bad in other places... this happens.... http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/29/food.internationalaidanddevelopment. So it maybe better to eat junk food as oppose to dirt. We have come very, very far. History has proven that drought and disease can lead to mass starvation, in the US as long as poor people can afford McDonalds, then we can avoid that.

So do I consider McDonalds a service, I guess in the economical sense of the word which would be the same as customer service. Is McDonalds healthy, hell no. Could everything here be worst... oh yes it can. And for that, McDonalds has it's place in American society.

J. B A N A N A S

Re: Why is a soup kitchen considered service to the people but McDonalds isn't?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
Corporations are only evil to people with persecution issues.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 09:55:52 PM »

Or people who are tired of their tax dollars going to corporate welfare. I hate Fascism

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »
Or people who are tired of their tax dollars going to corporate welfare. I hate Fascism

I usually don't get upset about any tax breaks or subsidies, corporate or otherwise, legal or not so much. Everyone is entitled to protect their paper in my opinion, whether it's a waiter not declaring their tips, or GE receiving federal grant money for "technology research". I don't recommend that everybody tries game the system, but I do understand why people or businesses do. Money is what makes the difference between suffering and prosperity in life, and to attain or more importantly retain as much as possible should be one of the highest priorities a person maintains.

How does "corporate welfare" directly affect you in any negative manner?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »

I usually don't get upset about any tax breaks or subsidies, corporate or otherwise, legal or not so much. Everyone is entitled to protect their paper in my opinion, whether it's a waiter not declaring their tips, or GE receiving federal grant money for "technology research". I don't recommend that everybody tries game the system, but I do understand why people or businesses do. Money is what makes the difference between suffering and prosperity in life, and to attain or more importantly retain as much as possible should be one of the highest priorities a person maintains.

How does "corporate welfare" directly affect you in any negative manner?
Hundreds of billions of dollars in tax payer money affects us all. Not to mention it helps artificially prop up companies, which has an effect on the economy.

daytondanger

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »

Well put.