Author Topic: King T - They Kingdom Come Appreciation Thread  (Read 582 times)

Blood$

Re: King T - They Kingdom Come Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 12:37:41 PM »
you mention five tracks but not 'Lets Make A V' :'(

he just now heard the album this week, give him a break

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »
lol at Infinite just now hearing everything that everyone else heard 10 years ago

I was in record stores summer of 98' looking for and anticipating this album, I remember everything from seeing the "Got It Locked" video on BET that summer to seeing ads and articles in the Source about it—and I heard it when it first leaked in 02'.  This is just an appreciation thread, but then again, I know you just make shit up to try to piss me off.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »
lol at Infinite just now hearing everything that everyone else heard 10 years ago

I was in record stores summer of 98' looking for and anticipating this album, and I heard it when it first leaked in 02'.  This is just an appreciation thread, but then again, I know you just make shit up to try to piss me off.

what did I say that was made up?

Mr. Theo

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »
you mention five tracks but not 'Lets Make A V' :'(

suspicious

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
Nothing comparable to Dre's previous solo work

solo work sounds funny when we talk about Dre. it`s even hard to name 10 solo tracks with 3 verses from dre and no featuring artist on!

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »
CLASSIC ALBUM

johnnie360

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 10:24:50 PM »
I know that I am in the minority here, but that album was a waste of good beats to me. King T is boring, and I don't like his voice. Just my opinion though. Best thing about that album were the beats and the features.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 07:39:03 PM »
Nothing comparable to Dre's previous solo work

solo work sounds funny when we talk about Dre. it`s even hard to name 10 solo tracks with 3 verses from dre and no featuring artist on!

Dre is one of the best ever to bless the mic, very under-rated, simply because he is known as a producer and desnt write his own material.

But imagine if Dre was not known as a producer and did write his own shit we would be talking about a legendary top 5 all-time emcee.... check these solo joints from Dre where he blesses all 3 verses and they are some of they are all trend-setting and undeniable verses....

-"Keep the Heads ringing" - he out-metaphored all the East-Coast rappers at the time and I see this as similar to what Kurupt accomplished with new york new york

-"Let Me Ride"- funny when I first saw this video as a kid in 93' I actually thought snoop and dre were a rap group and when this video dropped I realized dre was a solo artist

-"Nigga wit a gun" - this is THE hardest gangsta shit ever recorded.   That's right, think of all the wannabe gangsta rappers and this track topped them all

-"Rat-tat-tat-tat"- see what I wrote above, the hardest shit ever recorded courtesy of a man who doesn't even consider himself a rapper, that shows you how humble dre really is

...those are his best but he has more st8 solo records from solid unreleased shit like "way I be pimpin" and "smoke weed" to his steller aftermath solos like "been there done that" and "the watcher"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:42:31 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)