Author Topic: Dizaster Calls Out Rappers For Using Fake Images  (Read 287 times)

aerroc

Dizaster Calls Out Rappers For Using Fake Images
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:30:02 AM »
In a new interview segment with Dizaster, the battle rapper explains why he’s not a fan of the currently predominant “wordplay” battle rap style. During the sitdown in Los Angeles, Diz also touched on his upcoming match-up against Cassidy, the significance of race in the industry, and his own background splitting time between the States and overseas as a troubled youth.

“Everything is trends,” Diz said of the current battle rap scene. “Everything is trends. People are bandwagoners. It’s gonna go back. This style is gonna die out and people are gonna realize, ‘Damn, these people were trash.’ Whenever you have a style, people are gonna ride it because it works. You hear every other day a little fucking faggot from like New York come out. Like a 16-year-old come out, like, ‘Yo I got bars man. Check me out. Yo, when I give you big macs that’s a Mickey D’s.’ It’s like, ‘Yo, you’ve been done before. Not just your style’s been done before, but the whole fucking structure of your existence has been fucking done before.’

“Like, yeah, it’s a popular thing right now because battle rap is a nerdy cult thing. All these guys are a bunch of fucking nerds, especially the fools that talk about shooting people and shit. They’re all a bunch of clowns. Every single one of them. None of them have ever fucking done shit. My boy’s the only real gang-banger in battle rap — Aktive, that’s it.”

Breaking down his own status in battle rap, Diz alluded to himself as a threat to the status quo.

“I’m a threat,” he said. “I’m just that dude that — I got just as much views and fans as all these motherfuckers on SMACK and I never had to battle there my whole life and use that as a platform. That’s one of my little battles. You could be yourself. These cats, none of them wanna be themselves.”

Speaking about the source of the current fascination with “street bars,” Diz pointed to the fans before saying “it’s the government’s fault.”

“It’s the fans,” he said. “They like hearing that shit, so the fucking rappers are feeding them that shit. But they don’t realize, all they’re creating is a bunch of fucking bullshit. There’s no message in none of this shit. You never learn nothing new. There’s no more educational value in battle rap like it used to. I used to have battles, I would be talking about all kinds of World War 3, all kinds of [stuff]. That shit’s considered nerdy now. It’s just how society is now. It’s the dumbing down of society. It’s like, if you have anything worth with anything [substantive] it’s considered nerdy. You’re supposed to think it’s not cool, you’re supposed to like all the fucking wack shit and the fake shit when really we came a long way from real rappers like The Roots and Common.”

Will_B

Re: Dizaster Calls Out Rappers For Using Fake Images
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 06:42:50 AM »
That's some real shit

The fans are nerds and the rappers are falling into the trap of spoon feeding them the shit they wanna hear. Carbon copy flows, structures and punch lines. All that shit is dumbed down to a point where 'everyone' is a battle rapper. These guys can't flow for shit it's not even Hiphop any more. What's craziest is when u hear super dope MC's like Royce slowing his shit down because they're underestimating the intelligence of the listener and everything is in lane and stuck on the tracks

aerroc

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
That's some real shit

The fans are nerds and the rappers are falling into the trap of spoon feeding them the shit they wanna hear. Carbon copy flows, structures and punch lines. All that shit is dumbed down to a point where 'everyone' is a battle rapper. These guys can't flow for shit it's not even Hiphop any more. What's craziest is when u hear super dope MC's like Royce slowing his shit down because they're underestimating the intelligence of the listener and everything is in lane and stuck on the tracks

i think people are just to stupid to know what really is going on
rick ross is the perfect example of this  ;)

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:32:05 AM »
Dizaster is trash and has 4 fans lol

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »
Dizaster is trash and has 4 fans lol

He has a point doe :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »
well anyway, Dizaster gets respect from me because he has paid more dues then 99% of the rappers out there.. respect due
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

aerroc

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »
well anyway, Dizaster gets respect from me because he has paid more dues then 99% of the rappers out there.. respect due

do rappers today even pay dues
its more like put some bullshit out online then ur a star
good example as to why they suck at live shows and freestyles

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
Ive been on stage with Diz before.  Dude is the truth.  Salute to him.  Guy has insane talent and is a battle rap legend.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 02:25:19 PM »
wasn't this the guy who took a shit on stage because he fucked up his battle rap?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
no, that was Daylyt (daylight)

Dizaster is a legit legend

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »
no, that was Daylyt (daylight)

Dizaster is a legit legend

I'm wrong for my post then lmao I thought this was the same guy and I assumed this was another shot at attention for him

Dizaster is cool from what battles I have seen from my homies but it's Daylyt that I don't fuck with  8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
Dizaster vs Canibus

he serves everybodies favorite 90's underground rapper lol

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 03:12:22 PM »
Dizaster vs Canibus

he serves everybodies favorite 90's underground rapper lol

yeah I don't follow battle rap as closely as most on here do I guess, I totally had dudes confused lol

he did make Canibus look like a fucking joke

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
canibus made himself look like a joke

aerroc

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 04:56:08 PM »
canibus made himself look like a joke