Author Topic: Generosity  (Read 1460 times)

daytondanger

Generosity
« on: December 03, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »
Generosity is its own form of power.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Generosity
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
deep. if only society could come together with this single concept.

daytondanger

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 12:17:34 AM »
It would indeed be a beautiful thing.
Generosity cannot be forced it has to be a natural action or else you simply get the hypocrisy prevalent in society today.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:32:13 PM »
A lot of people have figured this out, mostly the wealthy, and it's always been a way of maintaining wealth. This sounds counter intuitive, giving away money in order to preserve it, but the act of donating money and time puts you in the circles of people who can afford to do so, and when you are in the company of wealthy people you are more likely to develop meaningful relationships with them, friendly and working.

Heinz

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 08:34:45 PM »
Don't you feel any shame in what you're doing?

daytondanger

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Don't you feel any shame in what you're doing?

WuTz GoOd NiGgA?

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »
A lot of people have figured this out, mostly the wealthy, and it's always been a way of maintaining wealth. This sounds counter intuitive, giving away money in order to preserve it, but the act of donating money and time puts you in the circles of people who can afford to do so, and when you are in the company of wealthy people you are more likely to develop meaningful relationships with them, friendly and working.

Generosity is not about being wealthy or not.

If a child came to you and he shared with you half his candy bar. You would say ahh he gave me half of what he got.
But if your milionair friend knew you had a tough time and gave you 100 dollar (you can buy 80 candybars with it) You would think what a cheap-ass.

So it depends on the ability of the person to define if he is generous or not.

Now think about G_D the most High says he is the most Generous of all.  If we link that to the infinite ability of the Almighty.....we can not even  imagine how generous G_D is.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
problem with being 'generous' with other 'considerations', normally to be seen to be generous, like with a lot of rich people, is that it's not purifying in the sense that true generosity is. not that anyone much cares about that, it's still a net positive, but someone giving purely because they take joy in the happyness or others is a different thing. we could argue whether altruism actually exists, but you know when peeps are giving money then wanting 'visibility', connections of good press for it, it's obvious they want to get something back for it, however small or insignificant. most true acts of kindness go unseen, they don't require compensation.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
problem with being 'generous' with other 'considerations', normally to be seen to be generous, like with a lot of rich people, is that it's not purifying in the sense that true generosity is. not that anyone much cares about that, it's still a net positive, but someone giving purely because they take joy in the happyness or others is a different thing. we could argue whether altruism actually exists, but you know when peeps are giving money then wanting 'visibility', connections of good press for it, it's obvious they want to get something back for it, however small or insignificant. most true acts of kindness go unseen, they don't require compensation.

Very true indeed in most cases.

Unless a person is "Public" generous, because he wants to set an example of good behavior. So that others may follow.

So in the end it is all about sincerity... and I believe that was also the point that Heinz made.

daytondanger

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 01:38:48 PM »
Many years ago I went on a pilgrimage through Germany on foot to learn more about the man I carry the name of and the country he came from.
My days were long and my load heavy. I carried a 45 pound backpack and walked around 20 miles per day, I slept under a tarp and ate simple food.
One morning as I was exiting a small town (forgot the name) a car passed me and stopped a couple of hundred yards ahead.
A man and a young girl about 7 years old stood outside the car waiting for me, I stopped and we started talking.
He explained that his daughter had seen me walking and had said to her father:
-That man must walk very far with that big backpack, he must be very hungry.
So they went back home and made me some sandwiches and brought a carton of fruit juice which they handed me.
I was moved by their kindness and thanked them from the bottom of my heart.
The little girl then whispered something to her father in German to which he replied yes. She ran back into the car to get something.
Her father said that she had asked if she could give me her chocolate and went on to explain that once a week on Saturday she was allowed one small chocolate bar.
She came back and with unselfish pride handed me her treasured chocolate.
Even though I did not eat chocolate I chose to accept it because it meant a lot to her.
I was deeply moved by her true generosity offering me what was most dear to her and what she had looked forward to all week.
Luckily I had a present in return, an old wooden flute that meant a lot to me that I gave her and that she took a liking to and started playing immediately.
We ended up spending the day together and it is a memory I will cherish until I die.
I saved the chocolate wrapper and have it framed on my wall as a reminder.

Thank you for reading.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for sharing!
Beautiful story.

When I find time then I will share mine personal story.

coastlights

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »
It would indeed be a beautiful thing.
Generosity cannot be forced it has to be a natural action or else you simply get the hypocrisy prevalent in society today.
oh cool

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 08:51:27 AM »
Yes good story Heinz.

John Lear always talked about giving your best tomatoes to your neighbor (for those of us who actually garden).

daytondanger

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »
Since you mention Lear, here is a little gem for you by Otis Carr:

projectcamelot.org/dimensions_of_mystery_otis_carr.pdf

Read attentively.

Desert Lord

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »

true, but i think that's not the "generosity" that heinz meant...it's fake generousity