Author Topic: Found another great Eminem and SIA song, "Beautiful Place" off the MLP2 bonus  (Read 259 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I bought the regular cd and not the bonus, just because the nostalgia of the cover.... everybody was talking about "Groundhog Day" so I checked out that joint but nobody mentioned "Beautiful Place".... I was looking up this SIA chick because she was so tight on "Guts Over Fear" and I found out she has another song with Em

"Beautiful Place"   8)

...I hope Em and SIA keep working together because they seem to bring out the best in each other
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

it blows

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I bought the regular cd and not the bonus, just because the nostalgia of the cover.... everybody was talking about "Groundhog Day" so I checked out that joint but nobody mentioned "Beautiful Place".... I was looking up this SIA chick because she was so tight on "Guts Over Fear" and I found out she has another song with Em

"Beautiful Place"   8)

...I hope Em and SIA keep working together because they seem to bring out the best in each other

I think you're referring to 'Beautiful Pain' and yeah it's a decent tune.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sccit

mmlp2 was a good album...good mix of old school em with a lil of the sappy/pop shit. i have a feelin the next one will be a majority of just sappy/pop tracks. hope im wrong tho.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
mmlp2 was a good album...good mix of old school em with a lil of the sappy/pop shit. i have a feelin the next one will be a majority of just sappy/pop tracks. hope im wrong tho.

I don't see how it's sappy... Are you really that against any woman singing on a hook??

If you listen to the lyrics Em is talking about some real shit. 

Sccit

yea, a lot of the lyrics are real on recovery too...it has nothin to do with subject matter or a woman on a hook though. the overall sound is just very pop to me. sounds like it follows a certain formula thats been created to appeal to a teenage/female crowd. not the worst shit, but em can come much harder, and we all kno that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea, a lot of the lyrics are real on recovery too...it has nothin to do with subject matter or a woman on a hook though. the overall sound is just very pop to me. sounds like it follows a certain formula thats been created to appeal to a teenage/female crowd. not the worst shit, but em can come much harder, and we all kno that.

Naw man.. I don't see it as being calculated or contrived as you describe it... I mean... for comparison purposes I consider a track like Snoop's "Beautiful" to be a very contrived and calculated hit, whereas of course a track like "Gin and Juice" was Snoop just making a song so fucking dope that it was a hit, Snoop being natural, being himself.  But still, Dre and Snoop were in the studio trying to make great music.  That doesn't mean "Gin And Juice" was calculated just because they were trying to make great music.  There is nothing wrong with trying to make great music the world will love, as long as it is dope, and it is REAL.

...And that is the key.  Em is just trying to create great music.  He doesn't have the same anger he used to have so what would really sound fake and contrived is if he tried to sound all angry and mad to be "hard" on a track... like you sayin Em needs to come "harder".  Which is actually why I didn't get into "Love The Way You Lie" which was Em's biggest comeback hit of the second half of his career.  I didn't feel like it was real anger, like the real anger he used to spit on so many tracks back in his prime, I felt that anger is gone.  So hearing him yell all over a track like "Love The Way You Lie" sounded forced and I just wasn't believing it.

...So my point is, if you had called "Love The Way You Lie" or one of his other joints sappy, and given the reasons you stated, then I would have to agree with you.  I just think you are wrong about tracks like the two he did with SIA or "Stronger".  Em is being himself and trying to make great music that the whole world will love.

"Love the Way You Lie"  =  calculated, contrived, sappy... yes

"Guts Over Fear"  =  Some real shit

btw, Eminem refutes every one of your criticisms if you listen close to the lyrics of "Guts Over Fear".  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:09:21 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »

Blood$

Eminem's last 3 albums were pop albums minus a handful of decent songs

aerroc

Eminem's last 3 albums were pop albums minus a handful of decent songs

+1

Sccit

Naw man.. I don't see it as being calculated or contrived as you describe it... I mean... for comparison purposes I consider a track like Snoop's "Beautiful" to be a very contrived and calculated hit, whereas of course a track like "Gin and Juice" was Snoop just making a song so fucking dope that it was a hit, Snoop being natural, being himself.  But still, Dre and Snoop were in the studio trying to make great music.  That doesn't mean "Gin And Juice" was calculated just because they were trying to make great music.  There is nothing wrong with trying to make great music the world will love, as long as it is dope, and it is REAL.

...And that is the key.  Em is just trying to create great music.  He doesn't have the same anger he used to have so what would really sound fake and contrived is if he tried to sound all angry and mad to be "hard" on a track... like you sayin Em needs to come "harder".  Which is actually why I didn't get into "Love The Way You Lie" which was Em's biggest comeback hit of the second half of his career.  I didn't feel like it was real anger, like the real anger he used to spit on so many tracks back in his prime, I felt that anger is gone.  So hearing him yell all over a track like "Love The Way You Lie" sounded forced and I just wasn't believing it.

...So my point is, if you had called "Love The Way You Lie" or one of his other joints sappy, and given the reasons you stated, then I would have to agree with you.  I just think you are wrong about tracks like the two he did with SIA or "Stronger".  Em is being himself and trying to make great music that the whole world will love.

"Love the Way You Lie"  =  calculated, contrived, sappy... yes

"Guts Over Fear"  =  Some real shit

btw, Eminem refutes every one of your criticisms if you listen close to the lyrics of "Guts Over Fear".  

i dont think these new singles are that far off from "love the way you lie"...it's not just about the raps, because we all know he'll have it lyrically for the rest of his life. it's about the production formula. shit just sounds more pop than hip-hop, whether it's his true feelings or not. those productions are interchangeable with any pop artist you hear, and it shines through the speakers. "beautiful" actually still sounded hip-hop compared to these recent eminem joints imo. if dre was producing or overseeing these joints as he did on mmlp2, we all know itd be a different story. right now, it sounds like he has the same production crew as taylor swift and katy perry.

HighEyeCue

the last Em album to have dope production was "Relapse"...too bad he ruined them with dumb accents and lyrics

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i dont think these new singles are that far off from "love the way you lie"...it's not just about the raps, because we all know he'll have it lyrically for the rest of his life. it's about the production formula. shit just sounds more pop than hip-hop, whether it's his true feelings or not. those productions are interchangeable with any pop artist you hear, and it shines through the speakers. "beautiful" actually still sounded hip-hop compared to these recent eminem joints imo. if dre was producing or overseeing these joints as he did on mmlp2, we all know itd be a different story. right now, it sounds like he has the same production crew as taylor swift and katy perry.

the beat on "Guts Over Fear" is mesmerizing, I mean it's damn near hypnotic the way the beat rolls on the inside... I think you guys just get freaked out by a track having a bridge and singing on the chorus, and harmony or something like that... I don't know

Sccit

let me ride had harmonizing too...

ill listen to it again with a more open mind and see if it changes how i feel.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:49:17 PM by Sccit »