Author Topic: Was Eminem trolling us when he made Relapse?  (Read 1253 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Was Eminem trolling us when he made Relapse?
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:47:27 AM »
Evidence that he was trolling us....

-The stupid accent, how could he have been serious using some East European accent over nearly all of his tracks

-His work before and after Relapse has been mostly good.  Why a wack album suddenly in the midst of so much greatness, maybe he just wanted to "go down so he could get back up" like he suggests in "Guts Over Fear"

-He had achieved all his dreams and Eminem is fueled by people's criticism and hate, maybe he had to have people hating him again to fuel his fire (as he suggests in "Guts Over Fear")

-"Big Weenie" on Encore was clearly a case of Eminem trolling Ja Rule, his critics, and even his fans.  So we can't put it past Em to troll.

Evidence that he was not trolling us...

-Dre wouldn't let his beats go to waste just so that Eminem could troll us

-Encore was also a dissapointment, and although MMLP2 was great, he has still been sketchy at times, so it seems it was just a low period in his career

-Maybe he was just getting older and had to find himself again

...Most likely he wasn't trolling us, but it is still worth discussing. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Eric - Dubcnn.com

Re: Was Eminem trolling us when he made Relapse?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:49 AM »
"MMLP2 was great." Who's your crack dealer? I want the hook up.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:00:56 AM »

Decent album, but decent 'at best' imo

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:31 AM »

Yes. Still stalking I see.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
Evidence that he was trolling us....

-The stupid accent, how could he have been serious using some East European accent over nearly all of his tracks

-His work before and after Relapse has been mostly good.  Why a wack album suddenly in the midst of so much greatness, maybe he just wanted to "go down so he could get back up" like he suggests in "Guts Over Fear"

-He had achieved all his dreams and Eminem is fueled by people's criticism and hate, maybe he had to have people hating him again to fuel his fire (as he suggests in "Guts Over Fear")

-"Big Weenie" on Encore was clearly a case of Eminem trolling Ja Rule, his critics, and even his fans.  So we can't put it past Em to troll.

Evidence that he was not trolling us...

-Dre wouldn't let his beats go to waste just so that Eminem could troll us

-Encore was also a dissapointment, and although MMLP2 was great, he has still been sketchy at times, so it seems it was just a low period in his career

-Maybe he was just getting older and had to find himself again

...Most likely he wasn't trolling us, but it is still worth discussing. 

Well he's MK ultra/mind controlled so that was one of his alter personalities rapping, hence the accent. You'll notice this happens with some artists. Nicki Minaj has that British character, Mariah Carey has Mimi, Beyoncé had Sasha fierce....I could keep going. Those are programmed multiple personalities.

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »

Wow I thought this was a forum Eric. Dafuq is up with euros lately

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »

Wow I thought this was a forum Eric. Dafuq is up with euros lately

Not a Euro. LOL.

daytondanger

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 12:50:19 PM »
Eminem trolled himself.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 01:41:56 PM »
infinite, you trolling us by existing?

Eddz

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 03:55:40 PM »
I been listening to Relapse lately & the album fire. I didn't like it as much when it first came out but it's really grown on me. It's better than Recovery & MMLP2.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
I been listening to Relapse lately & the album fire. I didn't like it as much when it first came out but it's really grown on me. It's better than Recovery & MMLP2.

The production is insane on this album... Eminem ruins a lot of the tracks with his voice though

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
relapse was much better than recovery....i think relapse was just a concept album which didnt turn out as hoped. still not as awful as him crossing over to pop via recovery, tho.

"eric", what u delete ur account for?

Will_B

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
relapse was much better than recovery....i think relapse was just a concept album which didnt turn out as hoped. still not as awful as him crossing over to pop via recovery, tho.

Dude had a relapse

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 10:15:42 AM »

I think the funny thing with Relapse was that he was trying to be all controversial again, and just say outrageous shit, but what he didn't realize at the time was that the reason that style worked before was because there was always a hint of truth to his insanity back in the day... whether real or perceived... but when he was trying to rap on Relapse about stalking and raping women it just ended up sounding silly and ridiculous and nobody really cares what he says that much anymore like back in the day.  Times have changed, and he reached what sociologist Malcolm Gladwell calls the tipping point where you have mainstream success and the resistance ends and people just accept what you do...

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »

I think the funny thing with Relapse was that he was trying to be all controversial again, and just say outrageous shit, but what he didn't realize at the time was that the reason that style worked before was because there was always a hint of truth to his insanity back in the day... whether real or perceived... but when he was trying to rap on Relapse about stalking and raping women it just ended up sounding silly and ridiculous and nobody really cares what he says that much anymore like back in the day.  Times have changed, and he reached what sociologist Malcolm Gladwell calls the tipping point where you have mainstream success and the resistance ends and people just accept what you do...

I think Em broke a golden rule, and went 'full retard'. That's pretty much it