Author Topic: Looking back on Dr. Dre's 'Detox' album: what were the best proposed tracks?  (Read 1328 times)

dnjp4life

Now that we can safely say that 'Detox' is never coming out, and looking back over what we know about the doomed project, what were, in your opinion, the best recorded tracks and/or proposed tracks for the album?

I always thought that the beat for 'Hey Young World' was incredible and sounded the most 'Dre' to me out of all of the records that leaked:

Aside from this, 'Under Pressure' always knocked for me, and I still play it a lot.  With a bit more added to it (i.e. an actual chorus and outro), I think it could have been a lead single or at the very least a good addition to the album.

Also that Bishop Lamont reference track sounded good, and I'm pretty sure that was a Dr. Dre beat as well.

terence chill

please, go get a job! and delete the topic!

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Niggas be waiting for Detox like...........

Remedy360

lol

Sccit

topless

Matty

yup topless & the OG shit popped off.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
the short snippet with the 'still dre' type of instrumental sounded promising( hey young world?)

GangstaBoogy

Dr. you got my prescription and its keepin me alive, DOCTOR!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestSideDon

Hey young world sounded amazing, still pissed at dre for never releasing the finished version  >:(

HighEyeCue

co-sign "Hey Young World" 8)

"Topless" sounded dope as well

Will_B

The entire Big Bang album

WestSideDon

Big Bang definetely had very nice beats from the good old doc, but imagine a whole album on the level of "Hey Young World"  :o 8)
I always thought that if he won't release the fuckin album he couldve at least gave all the beats he made to some rappers who couldve spit over them and included it on their albums. This way we would've had all the tracks and could do an album playlist ourselves. Imagine for example snoop going in on that "Hey Young World" Beat and putting it on one of his albums  :o

itzkarl813

• Lil Geezy
That Hey Young World track bumped!

Will_B

Wasn't a Dre production tho was it?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Word is that first Kendrick single "Weed, Women, Weather" had Damian Marley on it for the Detox version.  You know that shit would of been fire!!!!

He had the makings of a great album, he had a lead single with Snoop "Kush" just like his previous two albums, then an Eminem comeback type song just like "Forgot About Dre" with I need a doctor.  Then he had "Topless" which was another Nas/Dre classic like "East/West Killaz", "Phone Tap", "Playaz Hustlaz"...

...So much dope shit and I haven't even heard a few of the songs you all have mentioned.  I think he really had the makings of another classic. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)