Author Topic: Mariota or Winston  (Read 274 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Mariota or Winston
« on: January 13, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
Who goes #1 in the draft to Tampa?

Remedy360

Re: Mariota or Winston
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
Winston is more of the prototype so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. That being said, the NFL has shown over and over that if idiots don't last long at that position. I haven't followed Jameis that closely, but he just doesn't strike me as a guy that gets it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »
Mariota will be awful.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »
winston

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:43:23 PM »
Mariota will be awful.

Lol how are you gonna say Mariota will be awful yet predict that Manziel would win rookie of the year?  :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
Mariota will be awful.

Lol how are you gonna say Mariota will be awful yet predict that Manziel would win rookie of the year?  :laugh:

Completely different players. Johnny had eye popping stats in the toughest, most NFL-like conference in college; the SEC. I saw him being similar to Russell Wilson; relying on the strong Cleveland defense, pounding the rock & making plays when he had to.

Mariota plays in a stat inflating system where a guy like LaMichael James looked like a possible Heisman candidate. Finally played a team in Ohio State with a "big boy", NFL-like defense. Huge D-line & got his shit rocked. Geno Smith at Oregon would look like that. But the way the offense is built over there, Mariota never had to check down from that first read. He either hit the guy he called in the huddle or just ran with it.

Jameis has the tools to be good.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
id choose mariota

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
Mariota will be awful.

Lol how are you gonna say Mariota will be awful yet predict that Manziel would win rookie of the year?  :laugh:

Completely different players. Johnny had eye popping stats in the toughest, most NFL-like conference in college; the SEC. I saw him being similar to Russell Wilson; relying on the strong Cleveland defense, pounding the rock & making plays when he had to.

Mariota plays in a stat inflating system where a guy like LaMichael James looked like a possible Heisman candidate. Finally played a team in Ohio State with a "big boy", NFL-like defense. Huge D-line & got his shit rocked. Geno Smith at Oregon would look like that. But the way the offense is built over there, Mariota never had to check down from that first read. He either hit the guy he called in the huddle or just ran with it.

Jameis has the tools to be good.

Fair argument as far as Manziel's competition, but what's between the ears matters a lot that position and was a concern about Manizel (and Winston) from day one and has never been about Mariota. The Duck's system certainly can inflate stats, but that doesn't mean that Mariota doesn't have great tools himself. As far as Mariota getting his "shit rocked" did you watch Winston play against Oregon? Dude absolutely shit all over himself, and was a turnover machine all season. The guy almost threw 20 picks. Then you got all his off the field stuff. From a physical standpoint he fits the cookie cutter prototype a lot more, but give me Mariota over Winston. We'll bump this sometime and see who was right.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »
Jameis was pretty disappointing this year. I agree.

We'll bump this sometime and see who was right.