Author Topic: Mekkan Refugee catches up with Infinite 1/3 through recording album...  (Read 438 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Mekkan Refugee:  All resources are limited, and time is probably the most valuable of all natural resources, so let's get right into this...

Infinite:  Word up...

Mekkan Refugee:  I interviewed you as you were beginning the recording process for your 4th album.  Tell us how far you are now into the album?

Infinite:  Well, right now I am 1/3 of the way through the album.  I got about 4 cuts that I am pleased with but none of them are finished.  See, when I get inspiration I have to go ahead and go with it and cut the tracks.  They come out why sloppy, and as a failed netcee, my vocals and equipment are sketchy to begin with...so I've added "rough cut" at the end of all my tracks so far.  Then later after listening to them many times I'm going to go back in complete them and do final takes.  But for now, what is important is that I got it all down while the inspiration was there, and later I can go back in and clean up some of the mess.

Mekkan Refugee:  Okay, so the first 3rd was just recording the tracks?

Infinite:  No, the first 3rd was spent on just recording about 6 songs.  2 of which got deleted.  Sometimes you think you got the bomb song because you are speaking on something timely or important, I spoke on the riots, the Trayvon and Eric Martin stuff - but it came out wack as fucc, so go figure?   But then on the tracks where I was talking about shit that ain't really relevant outside the confines of my own brain it actually came out pretty decent.  So I'm gonna go with that, because fucc it, I'm a failed netcee and ain't nobody really listening anyway...

Mekkan Refugee:  Word.. So you say you got 4 songs, so what is next?

Infinite:  Time for round 2, num sayin... I faced a lot of turmoil living out here in East Asia and it really killed my spirit for a bit.  But now that I overcame a lot of that I feel like I've bettered myself and that now I will actually have even more material to draw from.  See, I had a preconceived notion of what my music my sound like Escapin Rome, but actually, you don't know what it will truly be like to escape Rome until your actually living it and you have lived it.  I'm now three months deep in my new life, so now the image is gone and the reality has set in, and I'm still here, I'm still living, breathing, and now I got a story to tell.

Mekkan Refugee:  Word up... what would you say helped you get through...

Infinite:  I kind of broke down spiritually and had to open up to others about what I was going through.  In doing that you get a lot of bullshit answers that lead you down dead end paths until finally you might come across someone who possesses the touchstone and you can be guided aright.  So finally I met another traveler a bit more seasoned in the area.  He basically said he travels and accepts whatever comes to him, because at the end of the day it will allow him to tell better stories, whether good or bad, it's adding stories to his life.  I thought that was kind of dope, so I was going with that.  I can't say it was because of that, or any one thing, or maybe because I met an angel: but things did start turning in the right direction.

Mekkan Refugee:  So now your back in the studio recording again?

Infinite: Well, then I stumbled across an interview by the teacher of all teachers in hip-hop - Mr. KRS-1 - he was talking about how he was basically went to the public library the same day he dropped out of high-school and really started learning for himself.  He was kicking game in his raps back in those days about how Lincoln didn't really free the slaves, but that he really only demanded the freeing of slaves in the South - which was at that time a separate country fighting for independence from the North - that a college professor heard him rapping about that - and now ever since he has been lecturing at colleges all over the world and has honorary degrees and all of that... it inspired me just listening to the teacher, so now here I am again.

Mekkan Refugee:  Welcome back.

Infinite:  That's peace.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:27:55 AM by resident »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Mekkan Refugee catches up with Infinite 1/3 through recording album...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »
good interview...next i want infinite to interview mekkan refugee

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Mekkan Refugee catches up with Infinite 1/3 through recording album...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »
good interview...next i want infinite to interview mekkan refugee

8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)