Author Topic: Pharrell says Paperwork was "camouflage" and T.I. "wants to blend in"  (Read 719 times)

Blood$

In his new cover story with GQ, Pharrell shared his thoughts on T.I’s ninth studio album, Paperwork. Although the singer-songwriter executive produced the project, he stated that he “wasn’t happy about the T.I. situation.” While speaking with GQ, Skateboard P said, “they did that record hoping for radio play, and they got nothing out of it…. Great, you got your No. 1 hip-hop song. But what does that do for your sales?”

Pharrell was clearly disappointed with the album, hinting at it being just like what’s already out there. ”You want to be camouflage?” he said about the LP. “Go ahead. Blend in. But we want to be that twinkle in the sky. We want to be that twinkle in the sky. And you might not be able to see that star now. But it’s daytime. Wait till it gets dark.” Who exactly is he mad at is unclear, but it seems as though Pharrell’s beef may really be with Columbia rather than Tip. But you never know.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/01/pharrell-happy-t-paperwork-even-though-executive-produced/

that's almost as nuts as the Wu throwing shade on their album after it dropped  :o

I still play about 6-7 joints off it but forgot all about the rest

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Pharrell says Paperwork was "camouflage" and T.I. "wants to blend in"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »
Album was fucking garbage.

But LMFAO, Classic Material needs to be placed on suicide watch.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »
Didn't sound like beef he's just stating facts. The album was like a bunch of radio singles, that's what they were going for. If they get it just right an artist can get 5 singles out and make crazy $$$

These days hit songs have to be fresh, stand out- yet blend back to back with everything out at that moment or they simply won't get mass airplay. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. No big deal really
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:12:51 AM by Do Buy Albums »

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »
I agree- which is too bad cause TI is still a talented raper.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
who'd he rape?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
who'd he rape?

My eardrums.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »
pharrel is just calling it how it is

ti makes wack music

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 06:20:07 PM »
blood money you just just took the shit and ran wit it. pharrell wasn't speakin' on t.i. he was referring to the label (columbia records). t.i. wanted g shit as the first single but the label said no...I agree wit pharrell but I love the album and still play it. it's in rotation right now. this type of shit is why I now understand why artists are afraid to speak their mind these days, muthafuckas take one piece and turn it into some other shit. smdh.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »
pharrel is just calling it how it is

ti makes wack music
when crooked I can drop at least 5 solo albums after bein' in the game for 20 years notify me.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »
Album was fucking garbage.

But LMFAO, Classic Material needs to be placed on suicide watch.
only thing that garbage is your mother's pussy u faggot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »
^The feelings caught over my opinion on another human being.

That's love.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »
blood money you just just took the shit and ran wit it. pharrell wasn't speakin' on t.i. he was referring to the label (columbia records). t.i. wanted g shit as the first single but the label said no...I agree wit pharrell but I love the album and still play it. it's in rotation right now. this type of shit is why I now understand why artists are afraid to speak their mind these days, muthafuckas take one piece and turn it into some other shit. smdh.

I didn't run with anything that was a direct quote from Pharrell lol who it's for T.I. or the label is in the air but "G Shit" is one of the songs I actually play from the album and there's no way in hell that would have given the album any bigger push

literally half the album was R&B duds, if they wanted to "stick out" like I've been saying they should have kept some of those mixtape records

aerroc

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 11:08:03 PM »
that shitty ti album been forgotten months ago already
wtf do people expect from a ti album lol

Remedy360

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 11:32:54 PM »

Still, it's not a good look to be as established as TI and feeling the need to make an album like that (whether it was his idea or the record labels). It was actually better than I expected, but it's disappointing as a fan to see them resort to putting people like  Iggy Azalea on there.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 06:13:26 AM »

I didn't run with anything that was a direct quote from Pharrell lol who it's for T.I. or the label is in the air but "G Shit" is one of the songs I actually play from the album and there's no way in hell that would have given the album any bigger push

literally half the album was R&B duds, if they wanted to "stick out" like I've been saying they should have kept some of those mixtape records
r&b ? LOL that album doesn't give me no r&b vibe whatsoever. at the end of the day paperwork came out the way it came out and the shit is jammin'.