Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming  (Read 1670 times)

Matty

Lucid Dreaming
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:17 AM »
does anyone experience this state on the regular? if so, what kind of control do you have within it and what kind of changes, if any, have you been able to effect on the waking life via dream experience?

asking because i'm starting to experience it more lately. the last experience was the clearest yet, more 'real' than being awake in many ways, like having a huge field of awareness, everything really bright and detailed, was pretty damn cool. this a great interview with a young british chap who is one of the leading experts on the topic, very interesting and lots of valuable info. he says if you start meditating and becoming more aware generally, lucid dreams are a natural consequence. but anyone can do it and it naturally happens to children too, which is no surprise. i'm definitely gonna read his book and start using some of the techniques to get more control and hopefully effect things from within this state.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVATrRTbLbw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xVATrRTbLbw</a>

Sccit

Re: Lucid Dreaming
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:13 PM »
never

ive experienced sleep paralysis in the form of spirits tho

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

...and yes, Lucid Dreaming is a fascinating topic and props for the thread.  There is a whole movie about this called "Waking Life" which is one of the greatest movies ever made, the movie is half cartoon imagery and half real acting and fades in and out to create a dreamlike state.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

...and yes, Lucid Dreaming is a fascinating topic and props for the thread.  There is a whole movie about this called "Waking Life" which is one of the greatest movies ever made, the movie is half cartoon imagery and half real acting and fades in and out to create a dreamlike state.

it's when you wake up and your mind is conscious but your body cant move..something like this:

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

that movie waking life is dope as fuck btw

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:15 PM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

that movie waking life is dope as fuck btw

Right.... great movie to watch while you are high off ganja, btw...

....and one time you even claimed you told me about the movie but Richard Linklater has been my favorite director for a long time I always see his movies
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Heinz

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 12:49:22 AM »
The term Lucid Dreaming leaves a bad taste in my mind like Remote Viewing and Mindfulness...

Matty

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 06:54:59 AM »
The term Lucid Dreaming leaves a bad taste in my mind like Remote Viewing and Mindfulness...

the tibetan buddhists originally called it 'dream yoga' if that's any better. nonetheless, it's a rather unique state of consciousness with seemingly endless possibilities in which to do healing work.

Matty

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:21:41 AM »
here's another video with charlie, a south african tv documentary taken at one of his dream retreats. this one is more insightful when it comes to the techniques you can use to gain lucidity in the dream state more often. one thing i'll add is intoxicating substances are a no-no, my dreams have only started to come on after longer periods of abstaining (like a week plus) from any type of substance (namely weed). from speaking to other people this is quite typical.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZty0e_jR2g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fZty0e_jR2g</a>

and another extended interview, this time with robert waggoner, probably the definitive modern author on this topic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gf0g1YZa8co" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gf0g1YZa8co</a>

Heinz

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 07:48:21 AM »

nonetheless, it's a rather unique state of consciousness with seemingly endless possibilities in which to do healing work.

Seemingly.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:10 AM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

it's when you wake up and your mind is conscious but your body cant move..something like this:

NIK, when you experience sleep paralysis you are one step away from being able to go out of body. Not kidding either.

When you are conscious but your body is asleep, it is terrifying. Can't breath and paralyzed. Scariest shit ever.

However, if you are able to relax and get thru the fear and still stay conscious, some very weird things start happening. Your entire body will be swept with vibrations. You can hear the vibrations, and it sounds as if a hummingbird is flying right next to your ear and you can hear its wings flapping. If you are able to stay conscious thru this, you will feel yourself raise out of your body.

It'll be the trippiest thing you've ever experienced. Most people as soon as the start to rise up completely freak out and they immediately slam back into their body and "wake up". This is why if you want to truly perfect this, it has to be practiced many times.

I was very into achieving this about 4 yrs ago.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

NIK, when you experience sleep paralysis you are one step away from being able to go out of body. Not kidding either.

When you are conscious but your body is asleep, it is terrifying. Can't breath and paralyzed. Scariest shit ever.

However, if you are able to relax and get thru the fear and still stay conscious, some very weird things start happening. Your entire body will be swept with vibrations. You can hear the vibrations, and it sounds as if a hummingbird is flying right next to your ear and you can hear its wings flapping. If you are able to stay conscious thru this, you will feel yourself raise out of your body.

It'll be the trippiest thing you've ever experienced. Most people as soon as the start to rise up completely freak out and they immediately slam back into their body and "wake up". This is why if you want to truly perfect this, it has to be practiced many times.

I was very into achieving this about 4 yrs ago.

it's happened to me before, but only after stayin the night at someones house a week after they passed away

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 09:09:12 AM »

It may seem hokey, but military and governments have done quite a bit in the remote viewing field. Research Ingo Swann.

Not saying its legit, but they seem to think it has value.

Matty

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 09:20:16 AM »
y'all should really check out those videos posted above, some great insights into this topic and you quickly get an idea of the potential of it.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »
y'all should really check out those videos posted above, some great insights into this topic and you quickly get an idea of the potential of it.

I'll check them out, though I need no reaffirmation :)

We're a soul with a body, not the other way around.