Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming  (Read 1672 times)

Heinz

Re: Lucid Dreaming
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »

it's happened to me before, but only after stayin the night at someones house a week after they passed away

Interesting that it happens at the last night of sitting Shiva.
Maybe you are helping with the transition somehow.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
y'all should really check out those videos posted above, some great insights into this topic and you quickly get an idea of the potential of it.

I'll check them out, though I need no reaffirmation :)

We're a soul with a body, not the other way around.

indeed, but they're specifically talking about lucid dreaming - historical context, potential applications, examples and techniques you can use to enter that state more frequently. far removed from making arguments for-against the existence of soul and fascinating stuff.

Matty

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 09:44:55 AM »

it's happened to me before, but only after stayin the night at someones house a week after they passed away

7-10 days is meant to be when people move on after death so makes sense that activity would be heightened at that time. i had a close friend pass in the last few months and like clockwork his spirit pops toward the end this time, at about 9 days. i'm doing something he taught me and all of a sudden i'm overwhelmed by a strong sense of a presence, intense emotions and tears. i imagine there's all types of stuff going on if you're at the persons house, spooky :o 8)

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »

7-10 days is meant to be when people move on after death so makes sense that activity would be heightened at that time. i had a close friend pass in the last few months and like clockwork his spirit pops toward the end this time, at about 9 days. i'm doing something he taught me and all of a sudden i'm overwhelmed by a strong sense of a presence, intense emotions and tears. i imagine there's all types of stuff going on if you're at the persons house, spooky :o 8)

it's undeniable once u feel it

V2DHeart

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 04:05:05 AM »
Had sleep paralysis once, and it was the worst experience of my life.

There's a very fine line between Sleep paralysis and an OBE. What has worked for me is when entering the sleep paralysis state, I know it's about to occur as soon as I get the full on body tingling feeling about 10 - 30 seconds beforehand. The trick, at least for me is to think positively as if I were an all powerful, untouchable being, with 'mind-power' like telekinesis mentality. If you panic, or worry then manifestations and feeling associated with fear with become apparent. This is why positive thinking is important.

Rewarding experience, especially if you can do it all the time. It is in a sense - doubling your life since we spend half of it asleep. At least in the lucid state, we can get answers, and explore more.

Has anyone had a lucid nightmare yet? 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Matty

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 04:26:35 AM »
Had sleep paralysis once, and it was the worst experience of my life.

There's a very fine line between Sleep paralysis and an OBE. What has worked for me is when entering the sleep paralysis state, I know it's about to occur as soon as I get the full on body tingling feeling about 10 - 30 seconds beforehand. The trick, at least for me is to think positively as if I were an all powerful, untouchable being, with 'mind-power' like telekinesis mentality. If you panic, or worry then manifestations and feeling associated with fear with become apparent. This is why positive thinking is important.

Rewarding experience, especially if you can do it all the time. It is in a sense - doubling your life since we spend half of it asleep. At least in the lucid state, we can get answers, and explore more.

Has anyone had a lucid nightmare yet?  

nope but i think the nature of lucidity is such that a nightmare wouldn't be quite what it is normally. ie you are in control so can fully meet the darker aspects of yourself, as opposed to a nightmare which seems to stem from resistance/repression of that stuff. in charlie's book he describes it as our shadow self and the chance to meet that manifestation is a great opportunity to integrate/overcome things. the more repressed that energy is the more intense or uncontrolled it may be in the dream state. there does seem to be other dark stuff that can pop up due to 'external' influence, but is harder to pin down.

something i found out about my lucid experience was that it wasn't a fully fleshed lucid dream per se but more of what they call (at least in tibetan buddhism) as a clear light experience - ie a taste of full awakening. it was very short but it became more and more obvious things haven't been the same since then. something happened or clicked and everything is now very different to before. it's most noticeable with aspects my visual perception, interesting stuff 8)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:52:28 AM by Matty »

dnjp4life

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 03:00:36 AM »
Sleep paralysis is indeed quite a scary experience.  I tend to experience it if I wake in the night and lie extremely still on my back trying to get back to sleep.  That's when you get that horrible sinking feeling as if you're falling or something is sitting on top of you and you get a flash of some dark presence in the room.  It freaks me out but I actually quite enjoy the experience when I realise what has just happened.

I'd like to explore this topic further, especially the whole lucid dreaming thing.  I think I may have experienced this before but possibly got it confused with sleep paralysis.

Matty

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 05:25:48 AM »
Sleep paralysis is indeed quite a scary experience.  I tend to experience it if I wake in the night and lie extremely still on my back trying to get back to sleep.  That's when you get that horrible sinking feeling as if you're falling or something is sitting on top of you and you get a flash of some dark presence in the room.  It freaks me out but I actually quite enjoy the experience when I realise what has just happened.

I'd like to explore this topic further, especially the whole lucid dreaming thing.  I think I may have experienced this before but possibly got it confused with sleep paralysis.

check out the videos posted in this topic and you'll know a lot more about it than most people, including some techniques to increase the chances of it happening...

Desert Lord

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
i'm interested in this topic for quiet a while now...i missed this thread somehow. i'll check out the videos when i find some time

Desert Lord

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »
sleep paralysis

what's that?

...and yes, Lucid Dreaming is a fascinating topic and props for the thread.  There is a whole movie about this called "Waking Life" which is one of the greatest movies ever made, the movie is half cartoon imagery and half real acting and fades in and out to create a dreamlike state.

thank you for the inspiration...watched the movie yesterday and it was very fascinating

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 12:50:29 PM »
This is so weird reading some of the comments here. I've experienced sleep paralysis many times over the years. I rember a couple of times drifting OBE at that point. The only way I can explain it is like watching a feather drifting down to the floor, but it was me going OB then drifting sideways away from myself and gliding in that feather like way out of the room and further and further away from myself (if that makes sense). Weird because I thought it was all part of the dream til now... It happened repeatedly around the same time

Desert Lord

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
This is so weird reading some of the comments here. I've experienced sleep paralysis many times over the years. I rember a couple of times drifting OBE at that point. The only way I can explain it is like watching a feather drifting down to the floor, but it was me going OB then drifting sideways away from myself and gliding in that feather like way out of the room and further and further away from myself (if that makes sense). Weird because I thought it was all part of the dream til now... It happened repeatedly around the same time

never experienced sleep paralysis but it sounds creepy...what you mean with "OBE"?

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
What the guys are describing. An Out of Body Experience, as an extension of this Sleep Paralysis state

And yeah it's terrifying. But you have no idea if it's reality or a dream...

Matty

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 07:37:19 AM »
i had an OBE where i was totally aware of floating above my body and tried to call out 'i'm floating' :laugh: it's your spirit body/energy body whatever you want to call it that's moving around, should be a sign that the physical body isn't really what we are. apparently it's moving around, floating etc every night, just that we're plugged into the dream state and unaware of its location in this reality. not sure of the mechanics but something happens where the mind returns 'here' while we're asleep and we're still aware of it.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
We are a soul with a body, not a body with a soul.

Our soul inhabits this meat sack in this incarnation. Be good and you get real freedom.