Author Topic: 96-98 Chicago Bulls Appreciation Thread  (Read 2206 times)

Sccit

Re: 96-98 Chicago Bulls Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 01:44:27 PM »

i mean, the truth is the truth....ur not arguing because u think the 90s bulls were better, ur arguing for the sake of arguing. i'm arguing for the lakers because i'm a LAKER FAN and genuinely believe those 80s laker teams were the greatest assembly of talent on one squad. but your disdain for me goes way beyond your laker fandom, so you're guna sit here and argue til death, til you feel like you can take me out. even if it goes against ur team and even if it goes against conventional knowledge....if i said bulls were better, ud argue for the lakers. it's just who u are and it couldn't be any more obvious.

tell me this, who the fuck on the bulls would stop kareem on those laker squads? because u got michael cooper on mj, u got worthy vs pippen...who u got for magic? for scott? cmon, son. it's too fuckin easy, and your entire M.O is see through.

and if u acknowledge the laker roster is far superior, phil jackson is not Houdini, and pat riley is no slouch....phil jackson vs. pat riley was never fair, because those knicks teams were slightly above average and riley got them to overachieve. if riley was coaching the bulls and phil was coaching the knicks, riley would be the easy victor as well.

and like i said, what the warriors are doing right now in a historically difficult western conference is more impressive than what the bulls did in the regular season back in the 90s...and the nba was NOT more talented back then lmao. maybe players were more SKILLED, but as far as pure talent, athleticism, physical specimens, there was no lebrons or durants or kobes back then...it was mostly second rate stars. and the speed of the game was just much slower overall.

if u dont think the pat riley lakers were laser focused, then u just should end this here....and ur laker card has once again been revoked, btw...PeACe 8)

I want you to understand something. I've been rooting for the Lakers long before you knew what the sport of basketball is. I have spent years watching the Lakers, and the era we are talking about, I didn't miss a single Laker game. I watched Primeticket for home games and KCAL 9 every road game. I want you to know this, because you think you are such a great Laker fan for arguing the wrong side all for your love of the Purple and Gold. I started to think why you'd be so blind to fact, and then it dawned on me, you never saw the 1995-1996 Bulls. You didn't see them in action.

Fact, Showtime was the greatest collection of talent ever assembled. Also fact, the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls was the best team I ever saw, including any other Lakers teams and including the Showtime Lakers I saw. When I watched the Showtime Lakers, it looked so easy for them, yet the competition they played also wasn't as good as it was in the 90's. I saw both decades, and the 90's had greater competition. The 1996 Chicago Bulls as a team, fuck Jordan, were as a team dominated the NBA in a way never done before or since. Dominated the best teams on the way to the NBA Finals against the best. They did it better than any other team ever did, and you can't take that away from them.

Let's put it like this. when Jordan bought into a system, it was over for the NBA, because that meant he was willing to be coached. Against the 1987 Lakers, the 1996 Bulls would have found a way to win. That might be the biggest difference I ever saw between the Bulls and any other team. I saw Kobe try to will the Lakers back only to lose, I saw Duncan look defeated as he walked off the court and he knew the Spurs couldn't beat the Lakers, I saw LeBron choke, but I never saw Jordan ever look defeated, I never saw Jordan fail once he was able to win. The Bulls as a team were defined by being the best, and the Bulls would have found a way to win. Jordan would have cover Magic, Kerr on Scott, Pippen on Worthy, Longley on Green and Rodman on Kareem. The Bulls might have been the most unconventional team in terms of covering their position. But at the end of the day, Phil would find match ups to win. That's what he did best. He altered the triangle to fit Jordan. He would have found a way.

And let's not act like the Bulls and Lakers were that far apart in terms of talent. The Lakers won most the match ups, but it's not like Pippen is a scrub, or Rodman is a scrub, or Kerr is a scrub. But if the Bulls are that bad, maybe Jordan is the GOAT over Kobe, since he won more games and more titles with lesser talent?

jordan failed plenty of times to even make the finals....and kobe was a western conference champion 7 times, which is 1 more than jordan. so failing in the eastern conference finals is actually worse than failing in the finals. but if you dont know that jordan came into the NBA at the PERFECT time, right when marketing individual players took off, and that stern made jordan like his son, then u just aint knowin bruh....was jordan great? no doubt. but there have been many greats in this game, and if they were drafted in 84 and handed a key to a franchise like the bulls with a coach like phil jackson and a robin like scottie pippen for the duration of their prime, then they too would be held to Godly stature by those who grew up in that era....Dennis Rodman says Magic was the GOAT. Brandon Jennings said earlier this year that Kobe was the GOAT. Michael Cooper said Larry Bird was tougher to defend than Michael Jordan...so if we go based on what players say, we'll have a lot of different answers. but the fact of the matter is, Jordan's stature was elevated by Nike, Gatorade, Space Jam, Wheaties, Stern making him untouchable on the court etc....and that sticks in the sheeples minds. but he is not individually better than any other NBA top-tier great, because as I said, they're all the best at what they do.

I wouldn't argue Jordan as the GOAT, but I will say that you are trying to hard for this one.

lol@basing your entire argument on a lie....i definitely watched the 96 bulls. in fact, i was a basketball FANATIC back in elementary, collecting cards and alla that. I remember that season VERY well, because that was the season that Magic returned, and I was hyped as fuck, watchin every last game, all 48 minutes....and lemme tell u, it always came down to a last minute shot with the bulls. it wasnt like they were sweepin teams in the finals and blowin them out. shit was highly competitive. and like i keep sayin, if they went to 6 games on a last second shot against the fuckin jazz, then the showtime lakers woulda SWEPT them. it wouldnt even be close, really. i mean, who the fuck would stop kareem and even magic?? because u have fair match-ups wit jordan and pippen, but no one can stop magic and especially not kareem....but keep arguin just for the sake of argument. i dont think ive ever heard a true laker fan say anything other than the showtime lakers being head-and-shoulders above any other team as the GOAT squad. for fucks sake, u had 2 top 5 players of ALL TIME on the same fuckin squad...and ur fairweather ass is willin to sit here and argue against that, not because u truly believe it, but rather because u wanna continue wit the "sccit killa" legacy....only you couldnt take me out in keystyle, so uve taken it to the sports section. come on, bro. i see u, and i got nothin but love for u, but stop wit the fuckery.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 01:47:26 PM »
and lmfaosmmmfh@the bulls had greater competition...lets see, 80s celtics/pistons or 90s jazz/sonics, 80s celtics/pistons or 90s jazz/sonics? hmmmmmm???

ur way outa pocket brodie. it's not even funny anymore.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 01:57:33 PM »
but I never saw Jordan ever look defeated, I never saw Jordan fail once he was able to win.

lol so explain the 95 playoffs, where jordan got shitted on by the orlando magic of all teams......yea, uve been brainwashed by marketing/media, just like most of the world LOL. smh@"jordan was never defeated once he figured how to win"....the Bulls were actually better in 94 minus Jordan than they were when he came back. he is the definition of a great player propelled by marketing, and cats like u who are easily swayed, and infinite, who is in love with that era, will never face the truth. it's just sad hearin this fuckery come from ur mouth, considering ur sposta be a laker fan, and it's the consensus amongst laker nation that showtime lakers are unfucwitable.

maybe Jordan is the GOAT over Kobe, since he won more games and more titles with lesser talent?

LOL...those teams where Gasol was the second fiddle wouldnt have made the playoffs witout kobe. it's just not even close. 96 bulls minus MJ >>>>>>>> 09 lakers minus kobe, and despite the fact that u like to argue for the sake of argument, i know even u wouldnt be fuckin dumb enough to agrue that one.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »

i mean, the truth is the truth....ur not arguing because u think the 90s bulls were better, ur arguing for the sake of arguing. i'm arguing for the lakers because i'm a LAKER FAN and genuinely believe those 80s laker teams were the greatest assembly of talent on one squad. but your disdain for me goes way beyond your laker fandom, so you're guna sit here and argue til death, til you feel like you can take me out. even if it goes against ur team and even if it goes against conventional knowledge....if i said bulls were better, ud argue for the lakers. it's just who u are and it couldn't be any more obvious.

tell me this, who the fuck on the bulls would stop kareem on those laker squads? because u got michael cooper on mj, u got worthy vs pippen...who u got for magic? for scott? cmon, son. it's too fuckin easy, and your entire M.O is see through.

and if u acknowledge the laker roster is far superior, phil jackson is not Houdini, and pat riley is no slouch....phil jackson vs. pat riley was never fair, because those knicks teams were slightly above average and riley got them to overachieve. if riley was coaching the bulls and phil was coaching the knicks, riley would be the easy victor as well.

and like i said, what the warriors are doing right now in a historically difficult western conference is more impressive than what the bulls did in the regular season back in the 90s...and the nba was NOT more talented back then lmao. maybe players were more SKILLED, but as far as pure talent, athleticism, physical specimens, there was no lebrons or durants or kobes back then...it was mostly second rate stars. and the speed of the game was just much slower overall.

if u dont think the pat riley lakers were laser focused, then u just should end this here....and ur laker card has once again been revoked, btw...PeACe 8)

I want you to understand something. I've been rooting for the Lakers long before you knew what the sport of basketball is. I have spent years watching the Lakers, and the era we are talking about, I didn't miss a single Laker game. I watched Primeticket for home games and KCAL 9 every road game. I want you to know this, because you think you are such a great Laker fan for arguing the wrong side all for your love of the Purple and Gold. I started to think why you'd be so blind to fact, and then it dawned on me, you never saw the 1995-1996 Bulls. You didn't see them in action.

Fact, Showtime was the greatest collection of talent ever assembled. Also fact, the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls was the best team I ever saw, including any other Lakers teams and including the Showtime Lakers I saw. When I watched the Showtime Lakers, it looked so easy for them, yet the competition they played also wasn't as good as it was in the 90's. I saw both decades, and the 90's had greater competition. The 1996 Chicago Bulls as a team, fuck Jordan, were as a team dominated the NBA in a way never done before or since. Dominated the best teams on the way to the NBA Finals against the best. They did it better than any other team ever did, and you can't take that away from them.

Let's put it like this. when Jordan bought into a system, it was over for the NBA, because that meant he was willing to be coached. Against the 1987 Lakers, the 1996 Bulls would have found a way to win. That might be the biggest difference I ever saw between the Bulls and any other team. I saw Kobe try to will the Lakers back only to lose, I saw Duncan look defeated as he walked off the court and he knew the Spurs couldn't beat the Lakers, I saw LeBron choke, but I never saw Jordan ever look defeated, I never saw Jordan fail once he was able to win. The Bulls as a team were defined by being the best, and the Bulls would have found a way to win. Jordan would have cover Magic, Kerr on Scott, Pippen on Worthy, Longley on Green and Rodman on Kareem. The Bulls might have been the most unconventional team in terms of covering their position. But at the end of the day, Phil would find match ups to win. That's what he did best. He altered the triangle to fit Jordan. He would have found a way.

And let's not act like the Bulls and Lakers were that far apart in terms of talent. The Lakers won most the match ups, but it's not like Pippen is a scrub, or Rodman is a scrub, or Kerr is a scrub. But if the Bulls are that bad, maybe Jordan is the GOAT over Kobe, since he won more games and more titles with lesser talent?

jordan failed plenty of times to even make the finals....and kobe was a western conference champion 7 times, which is 1 more than jordan. so failing in the eastern conference finals is actually worse than failing in the finals. but if you dont know that jordan came into the NBA at the PERFECT time, right when marketing individual players took off, and that stern made jordan like his son, then u just aint knowin bruh....was jordan great? no doubt. but there have been many greats in this game, and if they were drafted in 84 and handed a key to a franchise like the bulls with a coach like phil jackson and a robin like scottie pippen for the duration of their prime, then they too would be held to Godly stature by those who grew up in that era....Dennis Rodman says Magic was the GOAT. Brandon Jennings said earlier this year that Kobe was the GOAT. Michael Cooper said Larry Bird was tougher to defend than Michael Jordan...so if we go based on what players say, we'll have a lot of different answers. but the fact of the matter is, Jordan's stature was elevated by Nike, Gatorade, Space Jam, Wheaties, Stern making him untouchable on the court etc....and that sticks in the sheeples minds. but he is not individually better than any other NBA top-tier great, because as I said, they're all the best at what they do.

I wouldn't argue Jordan as the GOAT, but I will say that you are trying to hard for this one.

lol@basing your entire argument on a lie....i definitely watched the 96 bulls. in fact, i was a basketball FANATIC back in elementary, collecting cards and alla that. I remember that season VERY well, because that was the season that Magic returned, and I was hyped as fuck, watchin every last game, all 48 minutes....and lemme tell u, it always came down to a last minute shot with the bulls. it wasnt like they were sweepin teams in the finals and blowin them out. shit was highly competitive. and like i keep sayin, if they went to 6 games on a last second shot against the fuckin jazz, then the showtime lakers woulda SWEPT them. it wouldnt even be close, really. i mean, who the fuck would stop kareem and even magic?? because u have fair match-ups wit jordan and pippen, but no one can stop magic and especially not kareem....but keep arguin just for the sake of argument. i dont think ive ever heard a true laker fan say anything other than the showtime lakers being head-and-shoulders above any other team as the GOAT squad. for fucks sake, u had 2 top 5 players of ALL TIME on the same fuckin squad...and ur fairweather ass is willin to sit here and argue against that, not because u truly believe it, but rather because u wanna continue wit the "sccit killa" legacy....only you couldnt take me out in keystyle, so uve taken it to the sports section. come on, bro. i see u, and i got nothin but love for u, but stop wit the fuckery.

Oh Sccit, Sccit, Sccit. Here is the thing. I have backed you up so much in your quest for Laker supremacy, when I felt it was needed. Right now I could care less about keystyles, especially because we had to change the rules on voting back then because you had all your friends vote when everyone agreed I won. But that's over 12 years ago, why bother with that, it's almost a fitting part of history because it WAS who you are, and not WHO you are NOW. So really, I could care less about that.

My thing is this. I think you've been out of line here. I think that you grew up with younger Laker fans who are use to being the best all the time. And it's part of the Laker's legacy to be the best. But there was a time when I watched basketball and this wasn't true. And it was in the best period of basketball I ever saw. It was the last time both conferences were good, actually the only time both conferences were good. But since I can list facts and you'll say I'm out of line and a fairweather Laker fan, I'll just argue like you.

90's NBA was better, if you don't know this then you're not a real basketball fan.

The Bulls in the 90's broke a record that will never be broken, are you blind?

Of course Showtime swept teams, the combined record for those teams were 118-128. The Bulls face a combined 149-97. ur way outa pocket brodie.

As I've said over and over again. As a Laker fan, I can give a fuck about having the GOAT player on the Laker roster, the greatest team ever. The Bulls can have the greatest team ever, it took me 15 years to accept that, trust me, it really, really hurt when the Bulls broke that record. It really did. I was praying Jordan would break a leg. My hatred for Jordan was WORST than your hatred for LeBron, and it was heighten because Jordan always won. But at the end of the day, I have learn to accept that maybe the Bulls had the best team, maybe Jordan was the GOAT player (Magic is still my favorite), but the Bulls ain't ever getting close to 16 rings in my lifetime and Jordan is long gone and it's on to the next generation. Fuck arguing for my team on all these stupid arguments when the only argument that matters is...

Since 1996, I ain't ever seen a team win like the Bulls did. It was fucking crazy, against the best. First round against the Heat, which any other year the Heat as the 8th seed would have been dangerous because they only were 8th seed because of injury. They were 1996's version of the Thunder (minus another Durant injury). Next round, the Knicks who were their long time playoff rivalry. Poor Pat Riley. Finally they played the Magic, who beat them the year prior and had Shaq, who no one can stop.

Oh, speaking of Shaq, you ask who can stop Kareem. Kareem in 1987 averaged 17.5ppg, 6.7rpg, with a 56.4% fg. Shaq averaged 26.6ppg, 11rpg, with a 57.3% fg. Not say Shaq was at his best, but 1996 Shaq>>>1987 Kareem. And the Bulls beat that Magic team with Penny at his best, Horace Grant in his prime. And the Bulls swept the Magic. Hell they swept the Heat and only lose one game to the Knicks.

This whole all the series and games were close is Bull....... They struggled the most against the Supersonics, and many said it was a conspiracy to have the Bulls win in Chicago. The Bulls were up 3-1 in Seattle, and basically gave that game 5 to Seattle. But before that, they only lost 1 game in the playoffs. Come on man, you should remember this.

And getting swept was talked about a lot when Shaq left, and some felt that Shaq leaving was good because he always got swept out the playoffs. But yeah.

Come on man, stop making up shit as you go.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »
but I never saw Jordan ever look defeated, I never saw Jordan fail once he was able to win.

lol so explain the 95 playoffs, where jordan got shitted on by the orlando magic of all teams......yea, uve been brainwashed by marketing/media, just like most of the world LOL. smh@"jordan was never defeated once he figured how to win"....the Bulls were actually better in 94 minus Jordan than they were when he came back. he is the definition of a great player propelled by marketing, and cats like u who are easily swayed, and infinite, who is in love with that era, will never face the truth. it's just sad hearin this fuckery come from ur mouth, considering ur sposta be a laker fan, and it's the consensus amongst laker nation that showtime lakers are unfucwitable.

maybe Jordan is the GOAT over Kobe, since he won more games and more titles with lesser talent?

LOL...those teams where Gasol was the second fiddle wouldnt have made the playoffs witout kobe. it's just not even close. 96 bulls minus MJ >>>>>>>> 09 lakers minus kobe, and despite the fact that u like to argue for the sake of argument, i know even u wouldnt be fuckin dumb enough to agrue that one.

Oh, the Gasol argument I threw in there because you're arguing out both sides your mouth.

The 1996 Bulls are all bums, so they can't possibility beat Showtime, yet the year before they are so good, better without Jordan in fact, and they could have won it all without him. But Kobe still had the worst teammates of all time, so therefore he is the GOAT. You are completely talking out your ass and it's really embarrassing. Come on man, you are better than this.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 03:41:55 PM »

Oh Sccit, Sccit, Sccit. Here is the thing. I have backed you up so much in your quest for Laker supremacy, when I felt it was needed. Right now I could care less about keystyles, especially because we had to change the rules on voting back then because you had all your friends vote when everyone agreed I won. But that's over 12 years ago, why bother with that, it's almost a fitting part of history because it WAS who you are, and not WHO you are NOW. So really, I could care less about that.

My thing is this. I think you've been out of line here. I think that you grew up with younger Laker fans who are use to being the best all the time. And it's part of the Laker's legacy to be the best. But there was a time when I watched basketball and this wasn't true. And it was in the best period of basketball I ever saw. It was the last time both conferences were good, actually the only time both conferences were good. But since I can list facts and you'll say I'm out of line and a fairweather Laker fan, I'll just argue like you.

90's NBA was better, if you don't know this then you're not a real basketball fan.

The Bulls in the 90's broke a record that will never be broken, are you blind?

Of course Showtime swept teams, the combined record for those teams were 118-128. The Bulls face a combined 149-97. ur way outa pocket brodie.

As I've said over and over again. As a Laker fan, I can give a fuck about having the GOAT player on the Laker roster, the greatest team ever. The Bulls can have the greatest team ever, it took me 15 years to accept that, trust me, it really, really hurt when the Bulls broke that record. It really did. I was praying Jordan would break a leg. My hatred for Jordan was WORST than your hatred for LeBron, and it was heighten because Jordan always won. But at the end of the day, I have learn to accept that maybe the Bulls had the best team, maybe Jordan was the GOAT player (Magic is still my favorite), but the Bulls ain't ever getting close to 16 rings in my lifetime and Jordan is long gone and it's on to the next generation. Fuck arguing for my team on all these stupid arguments when the only argument that matters is...

Since 1996, I ain't ever seen a team win like the Bulls did. It was fucking crazy, against the best. First round against the Heat, which any other year the Heat as the 8th seed would have been dangerous because they only were 8th seed because of injury. They were 1996's version of the Thunder (minus another Durant injury). Next round, the Knicks who were their long time playoff rivalry. Poor Pat Riley. Finally they played the Magic, who beat them the year prior and had Shaq, who no one can stop.

Oh, speaking of Shaq, you ask who can stop Kareem. Kareem in 1987 averaged 17.5ppg, 6.7rpg, with a 56.4% fg. Shaq averaged 26.6ppg, 11rpg, with a 57.3% fg. Not say Shaq was at his best, but 1996 Shaq>>>1987 Kareem. And the Bulls beat that Magic team with Penny at his best, Horace Grant in his prime. And the Bulls swept the Magic. Hell they swept the Heat and only lose one game to the Knicks.

This whole all the series and games were close is Bull....... They struggled the most against the Supersonics, and many said it was a conspiracy to have the Bulls win in Chicago. The Bulls were up 3-1 in Seattle, and basically gave that game 5 to Seattle. But before that, they only lost 1 game in the playoffs. Come on man, you should remember this.

And getting swept was talked about a lot when Shaq left, and some felt that Shaq leaving was good because he always got swept out the playoffs. But yeah.

Come on man, stop making up shit as you go.

lmao what are u talkin about in regards to the keystyles, i beat u in a time where i was clearly the most hated here...."friends" my ass, u know ive shitted on u under literally every circumstance.....and u holdin it in, i see u.

and ur strugglin to come up wit decent arguments....like i said, lakers of the 80s had TWO TOP FIVE PLAYERS....OF ALL TIME. No one could stop worthy, magic, kareem, AND scott. it's just too much. and u keep actin like bulls dominated when they were winnin in 6 games on last second shots....just stop it, g.

and again, like i said 72 games is impressive, but not as impressive as what the warriors are doin this year....and definitely not as impressive as the 33 straight lakers won. at the end of the day, that 72 was great, but if they were playin against teams like the lakers, pistons, and celtics, thats another 10 losses right there. 62-20...impressive, but not historically.

stop arguing against showtime.....it's just a bad look overall homie.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 04:11:31 PM »

Oh, the Gasol argument I threw in there because you're arguing out both sides your mouth.

The 1996 Bulls are all bums, so they can't possibility beat Showtime, yet the year before they are so good, better without Jordan in fact, and they could have won it all without him. But Kobe still had the worst teammates of all time, so therefore he is the GOAT. You are completely talking out your ass and it's really embarrassing. Come on man, you are better than this.

where did i say the bulls are bums? they were a GREAT team.....but not nearly as great as the showtime lakers, and thats a fact. dont believe me? which team had more hall of famers?? it's not that the showtime lakers were better...it's that it's not even close. shit, the out of prime 91 lakers woulda beaten the bulls if it werent for a worthy injury. it's just not close bruh.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »

lmao what are u talkin about in regards to the keystyles, i beat u in a time where i was clearly the most hated here...."friends" my ass, u know ive shitted on u under literally every circumstance.....and u holdin it in, i see u.

and ur strugglin to come up wit decent arguments....like i said, lakers of the 80s had TWO TOP FIVE PLAYERS....OF ALL TIME. No one could stop worthy, magic, kareem, AND scott. it's just too much. and u keep actin like bulls dominated when they were winnin in 6 games on last second shots....just stop it, g.

and again, like i said 72 games is impressive, but not as impressive as what the warriors are doin this year....and definitely not as impressive as the 33 straight lakers won. at the end of the day, that 72 was great, but if they were playin against teams like the lakers, pistons, and celtics, thats another 10 losses right there. 62-20...impressive, but not historically.

Man, how many times do I have to repost those battles were I'm up 2-0, and then 3 or 4 of your old friends like Roccy all vote for you in like 10 minutes and then you win. We had to change the rules to no members of crews voting and everything because you use to pull that off, not just to me, but others as well... LOL... but I understand you were a 16 year old kid at the time. It's all good, it's very fitting for that era. But it was funny.

As for this whole argument, I think it comes down to a general disagreement on when was the NBA at it's best, the 80's or 90's. You see, I look at the NBA in the 90's and I think that's when it was at it's best because it seems like every team at the time had a superstar player, and not a single team was an easy win night after night. Each and every night you went into an arena, the team across from you was not tanking, they were playing to win every night and it seemed like every team at the time had a potential all star.

In the 80's, it was very top heavy. Were as in the 90's, the talent was spread, the 80's you had super teams full of all stars on the top, and a bunch of crappy teams on the bottom. So night after night, you could see the Lakers win 147-109 against the Denver Nuggets or they'd be in a 114-110 dogfight against the Dallas Mavericks. The Bulls on the other hand would barely beat the a young KG and the Timberwolves 103-100 and then two nights later struggle against Reggie Miller and the Pacers 110-102, and only have Jordan and Pippen score in double digits (44 for MJ and 40 for Pippen).

So to you, the Lakers was more impressive because the level of difficulty that they showed was not as hard. But I see things the opposite. Because the Bulls had a harder road, with more difficult teams night after night instead of just the Sunday games, then they won an insane amount of games. Many were no blow outs, but they did win many games by double digits. That season, the game I'll never forget is Magic's second game back against the Bulls. It was weird to see the Bulls there, and also how average MJ looked that night. He didn't have it at all. It was the perfect game for the Lakers to win. But Pippen took over and some how the Bulls beat the Lakers again. No matter how much MJ struggled in that game, Pippen and the Bulls pulled ahead and kept the lead through the game. But that was an example of the Bulls of that era.

So I think we have a complete miss understanding of what a harder NBA looks like. You think that today's NBA tougher than the 90's, which is HIGHLY laughable. I think of it as the 90's being the best because each night was a hard team across the hardwood floor and each game being a battle. Hell, the Lakers back then had Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones as their stars, and they won over 50 games, but not a single Laker was on the all star team. The league was at it's more balanced. In the 80's the league was east heavy, in the early 90's the league was becoming balanced but still a bit east heavy. But the mid to late 90's the league was balanced and then in the early 2000's in was very west heavy and has stayed that way for about 15 years now.

So I guess that's were the difference is. I like balanced, you like to see the great top heavy teams. We'll never agree as long as we hold these two views. I see a more balanced league and then see a team that grind through that schedule and won 72 and 69 games, and won 171 total in two years, and I go, wow, that's really impressive. You see a Laker team and you try to twist an argument that says, fuck all that, I will find a way to make the Lakers look better no matter what.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »

Man, how many times do I have to repost those battles were I'm up 2-0, and then 3 or 4 of your old friends like Roccy all vote for you in like 10 minutes and then you win. We had to change the rules to no members of crews voting and everything because you use to pull that off, not just to me, but others as well... LOL... but I understand you were a 16 year old kid at the time. It's all good, it's very fitting for that era. But it was funny.

As for this whole argument, I think it comes down to a general disagreement on when was the NBA at it's best, the 80's or 90's. You see, I look at the NBA in the 90's and I think that's when it was at it's best because it seems like every team at the time had a superstar player, and not a single team was an easy win night after night. Each and every night you went into an arena, the team across from you was not tanking, they were playing to win every night and it seemed like every team at the time had a potential all star.

In the 80's, it was very top heavy. Were as in the 90's, the talent was spread, the 80's you had super teams full of all stars on the top, and a bunch of crappy teams on the bottom. So night after night, you could see the Lakers win 147-109 against the Denver Nuggets or they'd be in a 114-110 dogfight against the Dallas Mavericks. The Bulls on the other hand would barely beat the a young KG and the Timberwolves 103-100 and then two nights later struggle against Reggie Miller and the Pacers 110-102, and only have Jordan and Pippen score in double digits (44 for MJ and 40 for Pippen).

So to you, the Lakers was more impressive because the level of difficulty that they showed was not as hard. But I see things the opposite. Because the Bulls had a harder road, with more difficult teams night after night instead of just the Sunday games, then they won an insane amount of games. Many were no blow outs, but they did win many games by double digits. That season, the game I'll never forget is Magic's second game back against the Bulls. It was weird to see the Bulls there, and also how average MJ looked that night. He didn't have it at all. It was the perfect game for the Lakers to win. But Pippen took over and some how the Bulls beat the Lakers again. No matter how much MJ struggled in that game, Pippen and the Bulls pulled ahead and kept the lead through the game. But that was an example of the Bulls of that era.

So I think we have a complete miss understanding of what a harder NBA looks like. You think that today's NBA tougher than the 90's, which is HIGHLY laughable. I think of it as the 90's being the best because each night was a hard team across the hardwood floor and each game being a battle. Hell, the Lakers back then had Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones as their stars, and they won over 50 games, but not a single Laker was on the all star team. The league was at it's more balanced. In the 80's the league was east heavy, in the early 90's the league was becoming balanced but still a bit east heavy. But the mid to late 90's the league was balanced and then in the early 2000's in was very west heavy and has stayed that way for about 15 years now.

So I guess that's were the difference is. I like balanced, you like to see the great top heavy teams. We'll never agree as long as we hold these two views. I see a more balanced league and then see a team that grind through that schedule and won 72 and 69 games, and won 171 total in two years, and I go, wow, that's really impressive. You see a Laker team and you try to twist an argument that says, fuck all that, I will find a way to make the Lakers look better no matter what.

oh, u mean like this one: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=174772.0 where literally every last person voted for me...lmao. ur such a sore loser bruh. no glory in that....but thats besides the point. i was merely pointin that out to show that ur holding it in and tryna battle me in different aspects, including debating against ur own team just to go against what i say, so maybe, just maybe, ull have one more chance at winnin.

and for lakers vs bulls, who gives a fuck about the bottom? regular season shouldnt even matter in this. what truly matters is the playoffs, and even more so, the finals. the regular season is shlock, there was clearly much heavier competition in the playoffs back in the 80s. like i said, the top teams in the 80s would slaughter any team from the 90s. answer this, who faced harder teams in the finals? bulls or lakers??..... it's not even close, and u know it. but naah, lets shit on the greatest assembly of talent in sports history, despite it being (supposedly) your team, just so we can slight sccit one more time.....am i wrong?

pg ron harper/steve kerr vs magic johnson/norm nixon LMAO

sg byron scott/michael cooper vs michael jordan/jud buechler fair

sf james worthy/jamaal wilkes vs scottie pippen/tony kukoc fair

pf bob macadoo/kurt rambis vs dennis rodman/jason caffey fair

c kareem abdul jabar/mitch kupchak vs luc longely/bill wennington LMAO

Pat Riley vs Phil Jackson fair

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »

oh, u mean like this one: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=174772.0 where literally every last person voted for me...lmao. ur such a sore loser bruh. no glory in that....but thats besides the point. i was merely pointin that out to show that ur holding it in and tryna battle me in different aspects, including debating against ur own team just to go against what i say, so maybe, just maybe, ull have one more chance at winnin.

and for lakers vs bulls, who gives a fuck about the bottom? regular season shouldnt even matter in this. what truly matters is the playoffs, and even more so, the finals. the regular season is shlock, there was clearly much heavier competition in the playoffs back in the 80s. like i said, the top teams in the 80s would slaughter any team from the 90s. answer this, who faced harder teams in the finals? bulls or lakers??..... it's not even close, and u know it. but naah, lets shit on the greatest assembly of talent in sports history, despite it being (supposedly) your team, just so we can slight sccit one more time.....am i wrong?

pg ron harper/steve kerr vs magic johnson/norm nixon LMAO

sg byron scott/michael cooper vs michael jordan/jud buechler fair

sf james worthy/jamaal wilkes vs scottie pippen/tony kukoc fair

pf bob macadoo/kurt rambis vs dennis rodman/jason caffey fair

c kareem abdul jabar/mitch kupchak vs luc longely/bill wennington LMAO

Pat Riley vs Phil Jackson fair

HAHAHA. You pull out a battle from 2008, when I was already gone from rapping. You're still doing it now. You better beat some washed up old keystlyer in your prime. HAHA. It's all good homie.

And quite simply, the 80's teams wouldn't know what to do with the 1995-1997 Chicago Bulls, straight up. In the 80's, a young Jordan was still getting his in the NBA, and he had shitty talent for teammates. Once they got to 90's, Jordan had great teammates and it all worked.

And you mixing and matching the teams?? Why? That's why I went with the best teams of each decade, because it's easier and you have something solid to compare. You are mixing and matching to bend the argument your way. Instead, use the teams that actually played.

1987 Lakers vs. the 1996 Bulls, I already posted that...

PG Magic>>>>Harper (Magic in his prime, 'nuff said)

SG Scott<<<<<Jordan (MJ in his prime, 'nuff said)

SF Worthy>Pippen (both in their primes, and their stats are damn near even, both at 19 or 20ppg, 5 to 6rpg, Pippen had better apg, Worthy had better FG%, both about even in defense)

PF Green>Rodman (Only because Green scored and Rodman didn't, though you can argue that Rodman was a good enough defender that he'd shut down Green, but honestly Rodman would be defending old man Kareem as Rodman shut down Shaq when the Bulls played the Magic in those games)

C Kareem>>Longley (If they go head up, then Kareem wins, but Phil used Rodman to guard centers and an older Kareem would have problems with this version of Rodman)

Bench Cooper/Rambis/Thompson>Kerr/Kukoc/Wennington (Tempted to give the nod to the Bulls, but Wennington and an older Dickey Simpkins hold them down. If you look at the Bulls, their starters played massive amount of minutes, and they used a playoff style short bench all year. The Lakers bench in 1987 also was a very short bench, especially compared to the great benches they had in the early 80's full of future hall of famers looking for that last ring. Their starters played a large amount of minutes in the back to back years, which is why they completely fell apart trying for the three peat. But Thompson was better than Wennington, and Cooper and Rambis were good enough to be starters in this great team.)

Riley>>>Jackson (the greatest coach in the history of basketball, the one who could get any superstar to buy into his system. Riley was known to work his players to death. Wear them out to get them most out of them. Jackson's style was designed to win in the playoffs, Riley was designed to never lose a game. In a 7 game series, eventually a Jackson coached team would wear out a Riley coached team.)

Style:

This gets over looked, A LOT. People go by points per game, or by match ups. The overall style of each team is what makes the game. The Lakers ran a run and gun up tempo type offense. They looked to grab rebounds and push the action fast to score as many points as possible. Worthy and Magic ran the fast break to perfection, and Cooper would always be ready for the "Coop-a-loop." No one could stop it at the time. This also lead to many games being very high scoring affairs, as the Lakers would score so fast that it gave the other team more possessions with the ball overall. Which is why teams averaged 108ppg against Showtime. By the 90's, teams were taught to get back, to prevent the fast break. Defense was pushed and Pat Riley changed to one of the best defensive coaches in NBA history. Also, the physicality of the 80's was taken out and the NBA cracked down on the NFL style tackles that happened in the 80's. The Bulls held their opponents to 93ppg, good enough for 3rd in the league. The Lakers were 12th in defense. The Bulls only scored 105ppg, but that was 1st in the NBA that year. The Lakers scored 118ppg which was 2nd. So the Lakers had a very average defense.

When it comes to the Bulls, they ran the Triangle. Though the 1996 Bulls ran a modified triangle, instead of having the center be the focal point of the offense like the traditional triangle, Jordan was the focal point. So Pippen would bring the ball up and drop the ball off to Jordan who was always playing the center and posting up. It was up to Jordan to either kick out or drive the lane. It's also why Magic guarded Jordan, because Scott was too short to guard him. The triangle is designed to create movement and get the ball moving to different teammates. It's a slow offense that slows down games and paces it to how the team wants it to be. Also, Rodman was there to grab rebounds and make sure teams don't fast break on them. Rodman is the biggest X-Factor because Rodman would stop potential Laker fast breaks most of the time. Showtime will not score 118 points every game against the Bulls.

So in this series, it will come down to half court sets, as the Bulls were designed to not allow many fast breaks. In the half court game, the Lakers depended on Kareem, and at this time Kareem was on his last leg. He might have had a game or two of getting the best of Rodman, but overall he would not be dependable to carry the Lakers for a whole series. Worthy and Pippen almost cancel each other out. This would leave this whole series riding on the match up everyone wanted to see, Jordan vs. Magic.

Jordan vs. Magic would be were the Bulls win. The simple fact was, Magic was a pretty average defender. Jordan was a great defender. The problem is when faced with a mismatch, the Lakers use to put Magic on the SF and let Cooper guard the guard who'd give Magic problems. In this case the SF would be Pippen and in 1996 Pippen would go off for 40 point games. So Magic would more than likely cover Harper, but that leaves Scott on Jordan. Scott vs. Jordan is unfair by any measure of basketball. So the Lakers would have to sacrifice offense and put Cooper on Jordan, and Jordan would still get the best of him. At last resort, Worthy would be tasked to guard Jordan, which happened in the 80's btw, and this leaves open Pippen. On the other end, Jordan would still guard Magic and it would come down to Kareem in the paint. A young Kareem I'd say wins it. But an older Kareem could carry the team anymore.

So basically it comes down to style and what would happen in a real game. 

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 11:55:05 AM »
lol you tryin too hard now brobro.....look, i see what u doin, and thats ok. just know that i'm hip to your bullshit, and we good. but yea, i'll say it one more time...aint no one fuckin wit that 80s laker team. and ill take it one step further, 80s pistons and celtics too would shit on the 90s bulls. and if u want me to take it even another step further, 90s bulls never even faced a team as tough as the 2008-2011 celtics in the finals....so yea, this shit is goin in circles now, but i guarantee that if u started a poll of 80s lakers vs 90s bulls on any laker forum, it'd be overwhelming in the showtime lakers favor......just sad that u on the other side, but i'll let u do u tho.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 01:11:18 PM »
lol you tryin too hard now brobro.....look, i see what u doin, and thats ok. just know that i'm hip to your bullshit, and we good. but yea, i'll say it one more time...aint no one fuckin wit that 80s laker team. and ill take it one step further, 80s pistons and celtics too would shit on the 90s bulls. and if u want me to take it even another step further, 90s bulls never even faced a team as tough as the 2008-2011 celtics in the finals....so yea, this shit is goin in circles now, but i guarantee that if u started a poll of 80s lakers vs 90s bulls on any laker forum, it'd be overwhelming in the showtime lakers favor......just sad that u on the other side, but i'll let u do u tho.

Trying too hard. I basically outlined what would happen. I watched a lot of Lakers and Bulls back then. I took their stats, and put that into what would happen in the game.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »

Trying too hard. I basically outlined what would happen. I watched a lot of Lakers and Bulls back then. I took their stats, and put that into what would happen in the game.

answer why the bulls had to win in 6 against the jazz and sonics, on a last second shot by jordan...........and these jazz and sonic teams would undeniably get swept by the 80s lakers. it's just sad that u call urself a laker fan and argue for the other side so vigorously... and this is not something new to u, it's something uv been known for........................all i can do is shake my head and say DAMN. because u know ANYONE within the laker organization or on that showtime team would say "we'd have our way with the 90s bulls"...but u aint part of that team, not even in spirit. ur on the other side, speakin against ur own. it just shows u dont ride or die with the p&g........now, if it was some obvious shit, like 90s bulls vs 90s lakers, then by all means, argue for the bulls....but this is a hypothetical that i would expect laker fans to see from a laker perspective.....but no, not fairweather mdogg.

showtime lakers woulda ran the bulls off the court......they never faced an offense that potent. not even close. and when they faced teams that werent half as good, like the jazz and sonics, they had trouble puttin em out. AGAIN, it's not even close, really.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
NIK clearly forgot about how great Karl Malone, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton and the great John Stockton all were.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
NIK clearly forgot about how great Karl Malone, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton and the great John Stockton all were.

what would happen in a series of the 80s celtics vs the 90s jazz??