Author Topic: DUBB Interview  (Read 164 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
DUBB Interview
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/untouchable/2015/03/26/dubb-interview/

I2G chilled with west coast lyricist, DUBB, for an exclusive interview. We discuss his contributions to The Game's compilation, Blood Moon Year Of The Wolf, his upcoming projects, his candid thoughts on west coast hip hop and much more so check it out.

I2G is here with Dubb, how's it going man?

What's going on?

Not too much. Game dropped his Blood Moon Year Of The Wolf compilation a couple months ago. For those unfamiliar with your music, how did you link up and sign with Game?

For those that don't know, I have known The Game for years. We did a track in 2006 and I was on his Black Wall Street Journal Volume 1, I was on a song called The Cypher with me Kendrick, Jay Rock, Juice, Game and I was also on a song with Game called Hustler Music with Clyde Carson as well.

I kept a relationship with him and stayed in touch. I was also on the You Know What It Is Volume 4 in 2007, Cali Niggaz. After that song we fell out of contact for years, I would see him every now and then or I would tweet him, but I did not have his number at the time.

I got his number from someone I knew and I hit him up. He was happy to hear from me and he told me to come fuck with him. For those that think I am signed to him, I am not signed to him, it is just an affiliation.

I just want to clear that up, because I have labels I am negotiating with. I do rock with Game but there is no paperwork or contract. 

Now for the songs that you did on Blood Moon, do you have any more videos set to drop from the compilation?

Yeah as you know we did the videos for Trouble On My Mind and Food For My Stomach, which is out right now. I don't have too much control over the other records, like Married To The Game with French Montana and Game, and Cellphone with Game as well.

Those would be up to Game to drop videos on those tracks or not. 

Do you have any other projects in the works?

Yeah I am working on a tape right now, the name of it is Perfect Timing. That should be dropping sometime this year, but I just want to take my time with it and drop something great. 

What are your thoughts on west coast hip hop?

I feel like the west is on right now. In my opinion I feel like alot of people from out here is trying to be the man versus helping the next man. It's certain people that are linking up, people that have favoritism towards certain people, but I think there needs to still be more unity, because there is enough room for everyone to eat.

I feel like everyone brings something different to the table. Some people naturally mess with me and some people..., I don't have problems with people, but it just seems like certain people are stand offish, and I don't know why. What people tell me is that when I get on songs with people, it's ugly for them song wise.

Not on no arrogant shit, when I get on a song with cats out here, not a diss to nobody, but we don't have too many lyrical people out here. Well actually with a name, we have ratchet rappers that talk about gang banging, partying and bitches, we have very few that have lyrics.

When you get on somebody's record with a bigger name then you and you kill them on record, it's bad. I think it should be just the opposite, if someone gets on my record and kills it and it brings more attention to my record, I would want to fuck with that artist even more. 

These motherfuckers out here, you kill them on a record, you wont even hear from them anymore. Hit they phone, they ignore you, so I feel like I am a black sheep out here. In due time I will be one of those dudes and that is all that I can say about that.

Now in 2006, Aftermath was trying to sign you as well right?

Yes, TDE as well. Something always happens to where it goes like what I just explained. Calls stop or..., I feel like I am being blackballed or something is being said that's not on my behalf. But again that's all I can say about that. But yeah back to your question, that is the state of west coast hip hop from my perspective.

Damn, absolutely I feel you. Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Nothing right now, it's dry because I don't currently have a project out. I had a project out last year in January and I ran that dry with the promo for that. Hot 97, 106 & Park, Sway In The Morning. As far as Game's album, that is his album. 

I mean yeah it got me alot of attention, but it didn't really change anything for me. It is back to the drawing board for me and I am just trying to record more good music, put out another project and do another promo run, try to hit spots that I have not hit and build that buzz. 

With this I am going to step the music all the way up, the last project was solid, but I am going to set the bar high on this one. Anything that is in question, won't be anymore after this tape. The shit will be undeniably a classic. I have a couple meeting with labels, can't disclose with who but my ideal situation is to blow up without a label, because there is always more money involved like that.

If a label comes by and it makes sense, then so be it. As of right now I am working and getting the best music out.

What is your website information?

www.itzdubb.la. Twitter:@ItzDUBB. Instagram:_ItzDUBB. 

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. I have always considered you one of the best lyricist on the west and it is good to hear you on a compilation like Year Of The Wolf, holding your own with industry artists. I think that compilation was a good look in your favor.

Exactly bro, I appreciate that, thank you for the interview.

Sccit

Re: DUBB Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:50:54 PM »
good lookin out