Author Topic: 14 Rappers Name The First Hip-Hop Album They Bought" Listed By XXL  (Read 509 times)

Sccit

Re: 14 Rappers Name The First Hip-Hop Album They Bought" Listed By XXL
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »
First cd's I got were Doggystyle and The Chronic when I was 12, but my brother got those for me.  The first cd I went to buy was 2pac, but I was offended by the title "Strictly 4 My Niggaz" so I just bought the single "Keep Your Head Up", lol.  

I bought Above the Rim, but that was a soundtrack so maybe that doesn't count.

I think the first album I really bought might have been that summer when Warren G...The G Funk Era came out.  I actually thought it was a Death Row album.   I remember looking at the logos and not seeing Death Row and then I started to fear it was some unauthorized shit like Concrete Roots.  The songs also sounded real soft in comparison to The Chronic of Doggystyle.  I was a bit confused.  But as soon as that "This DJ" video came out it all made sense and it has been one of my all-time favorite albums ever since.

My first was Warren G Regulate. On a side note, I paid $24.99 for concrete roots and was very pissed when I listened to it smh. I purchased it blindly for the fact that it had a song called 'another g thang' on it so I assumed it was going to be amazing. I was around 15 at the time.

at leas that album had klientel

DRGNBLZN

Re: 14 Rappers Name The First Hip-Hop Album They Bought" Listed By XXL
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
Gang Starr - 'Hard To Earn' and Beastie Boys - 'Ill Communication'. Don't remember which one I got first but it was one of those.