Author Topic: KEVIN DURANT'S MT. RUSHMORE  (Read 3569 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: KEVIN DURANT'S MT. RUSHMORE
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE FACT THAT DURANT HAS PLAYED AGAINST BOTH KOBE AND LEBRON IN THEIR PRIMES AND GREATLY FAVORS KOBE

SORTA HELPS PUT THE BSPN NARRATIVE OF LEBRON BEIN ON KOBE'S LEVEL IN PERSPECTIVE

Or maybe he's just bitter about losing in the finals to Lebron and wants to play that narrative down  ::)

I think the very little time both players spent in their primes together shows Kobe as a better player than LeBron. When Kobe was in his prime, LeBron wasn't able to get to that level. He played well, but he never averaged 35ppg, only 2 players since the Wilt era did that, and that's Kobe and MJ. Kobe is one of the most UNDERRATED team players ever. EVER. Kobe had to work with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. And he still was able to shine up some shit and make a team out of them.

I'm not putting Kobe on Mt. Rushmore yet. His career has to finish and we have to look at it as a whole to rightfully judge what he did. Maybe being one of two players to get 35ppg in a season, score 81 points in a game, win 5 titles and allow himself to defer to Shaq for a year before he himself started his own run. He led the Lakers in apg during all of the 3peat years. Hell, no one gets on Magic for not scoring more than Kareem during the early years. But no one will really look at that until Kobe's career is over. So I have a hard time judging him against all the greats.

BUT I have no problem judging Kobe against the rest of the living, and LeBron hasn't shown me nothing. If he was truly the greatest player of his era, then his run with the Heat would have netted him 4 titles and 4 NBA MVP's. He'll be lucky to finish with 3 rings and he'll go down as one of the biggest disappoints ever. Especially if they ever find out his baldness is from PEDs.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE FACT THAT DURANT HAS PLAYED AGAINST BOTH KOBE AND LEBRON IN THEIR PRIMES AND GREATLY FAVORS KOBE

SORTA HELPS PUT THE BSPN NARRATIVE OF LEBRON BEIN ON KOBE'S LEVEL IN PERSPECTIVE

Or maybe he's just bitter about losing in the finals to Lebron and wants to play that narrative down  ::)

I don't even think it's that. As far as LeBron goes, Durant views him as his current competition. So it's weird to put him in there. It would be like NIK saying I'm on the Mt. Rushmore of Dubcc posters. I think it's two pretty simple things though.

1. Durant was like 10-12 years old when he saw Kobe threepeat. That's like a memorable thing to watch, probably stuck with him. Then when he finally got to the league, he saw Kobe go back three more years.

2. They play a very similar style of basketball. So now a childhood hero of his, who he watch win rings & probably based his game off of coming up preparing for his own NBA career which has been phenomenal is just getting his due praises.

Bron still has at least three more years of sheer, unmatched, dominance, then at least three more of being a key piece of winning basketball. About to head to his 5th straight Finals this year, then you have the six years (barring injury) I just mentioned. & unless the Cavs bust up & he's back playing with James Jones & Matthew Dellavedova as his co-stars, he'll be the perennial favorite all those years lol.

Especially if you got guys like MDogg saying Kobe's career still has a pulse & "isn't over yet", then you might as well view LeBron like he's in his rookie season lmao.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »

I think the very little time both players spent in their primes together shows Kobe as a better player than LeBron. When Kobe was in his prime, LeBron wasn't able to get to that level. He played well, but he never averaged 35ppg, only 2 players since the Wilt era did that, and that's Kobe and MJ. Kobe is one of the most UNDERRATED team players ever. EVER. Kobe had to work with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. And he still was able to shine up some shit and make a team out of them.

I'm not putting Kobe on Mt. Rushmore yet. His career has to finish and we have to look at it as a whole to rightfully judge what he did. Maybe being one of two players to get 35ppg in a season, score 81 points in a game, win 5 titles and allow himself to defer to Shaq for a year before he himself started his own run. He led the Lakers in apg during all of the 3peat years. Hell, no one gets on Magic for not scoring more than Kareem during the early years. But no one will really look at that until Kobe's career is over. So I have a hard time judging him against all the greats.

BUT I have no problem judging Kobe against the rest of the living, and LeBron hasn't shown me nothing. If he was truly the greatest player of his era, then his run with the Heat would have netted him 4 titles and 4 NBA MVP's. He'll be lucky to finish with 3 rings and he'll go down as one of the biggest disappoints ever. Especially if they ever find out his baldness is from PEDs.

if Kobe was so good during the ball hog years how come he couldn't get passed the Suns in the first round?  ::)

27-7-7 > ball hogging 35 ppg

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2015, 01:34:25 PM »

I don't even think it's that. As far as LeBron goes, Durant views him as his current competition. So it's weird to put him in there. It would be like NIK saying I'm on the Mt. Rushmore of Dubcc posters. I think it's two pretty simple things though.

1. Durant was like 10-12 years old when he saw Kobe threepeat. That's like a memorable thing to watch, probably stuck with him. Then when he finally got to the league, he saw Kobe go back three more years.

2. They play a very similar style of basketball. So now a childhood hero of his, who he watch win rings & probably based his game off of coming up preparing for his own NBA career which has been phenomenal is just getting his due praises.

Bron still has at least three more years of sheer, unmatched, dominance, then at least three more of being a key piece of winning basketball. About to head to his 5th straight Finals this year, then you have the six years (barring injury) I just mentioned. & unless the Cavs bust up & he's back playing with James Jones & Matthew Dellavedova as his co-stars, he'll be the perennial favorite all those years lol.

Especially if you got guys like MDogg saying Kobe's career still has a pulse & "isn't over yet", then you might as well view LeBron like he's in his rookie season lmao.

or maybe durant has played against both of them and knows that kobe is head-and-shoulders above lebron....doesnt really take a genius to figure that out. we talkin about a guy who was a rebound away from being 1-5 in the finals here.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:37 PM »

if Kobe was so good during the ball hog years how come he couldn't get passed the Suns in the first round?  ::)

27-7-7 > ball hogging 35 ppg

As I've said, it's all up to the team. Which is a double standard when you do put rings in it. But here is how I look at it.

When your teammates are Smush Parker, Stanislav Medvedenko and Kwame Brown, you get a pass. But when you fail to win with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh then yeah, that 35ppg and those playoff appearances look better than LeBron who is a career 27-7-7 but with only 2 titles on some very strong teams. On top of that, when Kobe does have a team around him, he wins. Not saying Kobe is ready to join Magic or Michael, or Russell, but I am saying that when he has a team around him, he helps that team win. He leads those teams. He shines in the big moment. He's earned his spot near the top of the mountain.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2015, 06:24:55 PM »
lebron took the worst ever team to the 07 finals

save me the excuses breh

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »

save me the excuses breh

4 players in double digits, the weakest eastern division ever, no Celtics in the way, no Derek Rose yet, the east just sucked then, even for the east. Don't give me that.

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2015, 06:36:35 PM »

save me the excuses breh

4 players in double digits, the weakest eastern division ever, no Celtics in the way, no Derek Rose yet, the east just sucked then, even for the east. Don't give me that.

real talk...makin the finals in the east was equivalent to makin the playoffs in the west durin those years.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »
pretend the 07 Pistons don't exist

i see you M Dogg  ;D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2015, 06:41:21 PM »
pretend the 07 Pistons don't exist

i see you M Dogg  ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 08:17:55 PM »
I guess you can say the Pistons, but they were a bit older and slower, and had an inflated record due to being in the east. I mean, the Cavs got swept by the Spurs. That shows how bad the east was to the west.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2015, 08:47:17 PM »
LOL, niggas gotta chill. The Lakers & Celtics had by far the best teams in the NBA during those years.

Yeah the West has been tougher for years, but the Lakers then compared to the rest of the West is like saying the SEC this year for Kentucky was "tougher" than the Southland conference for SF Austin lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 07:50:45 AM »
LOL, niggas gotta chill. The Lakers & Celtics had by far the best teams in the NBA during those years.

Yeah the West has been tougher for years, but the Lakers then compared to the rest of the West is like saying the SEC this year for Kentucky was "tougher" than the Southland conference for SF Austin lol.

2007, the year before KG and Allen came to save the day for Boston. The 2006-2007 year had LeBron and the Cavs, and the Pistons in the east, and everyone else sucked. And the Pistons were aging and not exactly doing as well as they did previously. The Cavs had LeBron, who was the only superstar of the two teams, and both teams were filled with role players and very solid pieces for a title team, but both were missing that core piece. This Pistons team was not nearly as good as the 2004 Pistons that beat the Lakers. The 2007 Pistons had 5 players and 2 of them were the aging Chris Weber and Rasheed Wallace. So in 2007, the Cavs vs. Pistons was the battle of role players starting LeBron James.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 09:36:47 AM »
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you guys are talking about how weak the East was for LeBron to get to the Finals with Daniel Gibson, but a year later when the Lakers & Celtics put together unstoppable teams. The West featured the defenseless Suns & a hurt Spurs team & an overrated Mavs team, a clueless Carmelo trying to be LeBron, with way more help but couldn't do it. That wasn't Kobe ripping through the West by himself, he just had a far superior team around him than everyone else. & outside of the Sacramento Kings (who every reporter including Laker beat writers said was a fix in 2002) during the first 3peat it was the same way. Best roster by far, best coach by far, even had Shaq leading the way.

Kobe has yet to do anything without Phil or the best roster in the league. Other than shoot 30% & go .500.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »
lol are u serious .. that back to back laker team minus kobe doesn't even make playoffs in the west. look at what happened to Odom, Bynum, Luke, Sasha, Fisher, Farmar, Artest once they left Kobes corner.. "stacked" team lmao on a championship team where Gasol was the 2nd fiddle and Bynum barely even played due to injury .. Kobe did it with one of the least stacked teams in NBA history, so fall back wit that bs