Author Topic: Tech N9ne - Speedom (WWC2) (feat. Eminem & Krizz Kaliko)  (Read 771 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Tech N9ne - Speedom (WWC2) (feat. Eminem & Krizz Kaliko)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 06:38:48 PM »
it's funny, cuz eminm was never really known as a fast rapper when he first came out

yeah Em didn't rap fast on infinite, d12 ep or the SS EP/LP's

aka his best work  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
Eminem came through. I respect that.

not bad....not worth the 15 year wait and build-up.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 07:27:38 PM »
it's funny, cuz eminm was never really known as a fast rapper when he first came out

yeah Em didn't rap fast on infinite, d12 ep or the SS EP/LP's

aka his best work  8)

he did rap fast on infinite actually...but yea, almost like it was durin his experimental stages of findin himsef, cuz in his prime, shit was chop free.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 10:18:07 AM »
i guess he had a few fast flows on infinite now but nothing ike this

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 10:27:53 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UzGpID0urLs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UzGpID0urLs</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 11:04:11 AM »
Oh, don't post that. It just makes me upset.

Brings me back to when Eminem spit verses in chronological order & it stuck through the same story & subject matter throughout, not just a bunch of random lines that rhyme with no direction or point.

me1

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »

Brings me back to when Eminem spit verses in chronological order & it stuck through the same story & subject matter throughout, not just a bunch of random lines that rhyme with no direction or point.

+1. bittersweet hearing that.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »

+1. bittersweet hearing that.

It was a great time in Hip Hop lol.

Jome

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »
*shrug* Like the fact that this is technical when you think about how they using they breath control (giving that its been stated that Tech doesnt punch in) not feeling eminem verse.

all these verses have hella punch-ins bruh

Ey NIK, could you shed some light on the punch-in subject?

I assume a lot of rappers do it, but is there a way to tell, from just listening?
And where does the line go, from adlibs, punch-ins, and the "double voice" effect.. I would think a lot of artists spend more time polishing and "photoshopping" their verses than they actually do writing and recording it..

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »
*shrug* Like the fact that this is technical when you think about how they using they breath control (giving that its been stated that Tech doesnt punch in) not feeling eminem verse.

all these verses have hella punch-ins bruh

Ey NIK, could you shed some light on the punch-in subject?

I assume a lot of rappers do it, but is there a way to tell, from just listening?
And where does the line go, from adlibs, punch-ins, and the "double voice" effect.. I would think a lot of artists spend more time polishing and "photoshopping" their verses than they actually do writing and recording it..

exactly on point.....writing and recording is the easy part. the mixing and mastering to make it sound picture perfect is what typically takes the longest and is generally the most taxing. but a lot of times, that falls on the engineer, as opposed to the rapper.... sometimes, it's easy as fuck to tell when a rapper punched in....but a lot of the times, they mask it so well with over-dubs and adlibs, to the point where the audience wouldnt be able to tell by just listening.....if it sounds impossible to rap without taking breaths in between, then it most likely contains a number of punch-ins engineered to sound like 1 solid verse.... it goes both ways tho. just as many verses get rapped front to back with no punch-ins.. just a bunch of overdubs to replace fuck ups, etc....at the end of the day, there are so many variables, and it's impossible to know exactly how it was done without bein there in the studio and watchin it go down. still, there are definitely times where punch-ins are obvious..especially if the engineer didnt spend a long time masking it.

from personal experience, ive done it every way possible, as have most rappers ive fucked wit....its all circumstantial.

JohnnyL

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
Great track.  Granted, it did take too long to happen.  I have to say though, while neither Tech or Eminem are in their prime now, I actually think getting this collaboration now, we ended up with a much better Eminem verse than we probably would have gotten, had Eminem contributed a verse to the "My World" track, off of "Everready," like Tech originally wanted him to.  It's impossible to know for sure, but that was right around the "Encore"/"Re Up" period for Eminem, which I still think was the real low point of his career.  He may not be making the best music of his career now, but he's bounced back, considerably, since then.

Paolo

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 11:15:30 AM »
Great track.  Granted, it did take too long to happen.  I have to say though, while neither Tech or Eminem are in their prime now, I actually think getting this collaboration now, we ended up with a much better Eminem verse than we probably would have gotten, had Eminem contributed a verse to the "My World" track, off of "Everready," like Tech originally wanted him to.  It's impossible to know for sure, but that was right around the "Encore"/"Re Up" period for Eminem, which I still think was the real low point of his career.  He may not be making the best music of his career now, but he's bounced back, considerably, since then.

don't like this colaboration i was expect for a better
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:17:15 AM by kudaz »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »
Great track.  Granted, it did take too long to happen.  I have to say though, while neither Tech or Eminem are in their prime now, I actually think getting this collaboration now, we ended up with a much better Eminem verse than we probably would have gotten, had Eminem contributed a verse to the "My World" track, off of "Everready," like Tech originally wanted him to.  It's impossible to know for sure, but that was right around the "Encore"/"Re Up" period for Eminem, which I still think was the real low point of his career.  He may not be making the best music of his career now, but he's bounced back, considerably, since then.

Yeah I totally agree with that... going with what Tech and Em are like today, it's pretty much the best kind of effort you could expect. Both are past their prime but I like that Tech is successful now and that Eminem is putting time and effort into his raps.

Maybe we get some cypher-like skill-centered tracks from Tech, Em, Crooked I and Royce 59 some day, that would be tight. And it has never been more realistic than now.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
Great track.  Granted, it did take too long to happen.  I have to say though, while neither Tech or Eminem are in their prime now, I actually think getting this collaboration now, we ended up with a much better Eminem verse than we probably would have gotten, had Eminem contributed a verse to the "My World" track, off of "Everready," like Tech originally wanted him to.  It's impossible to know for sure, but that was right around the "Encore"/"Re Up" period for Eminem, which I still think was the real low point of his career.  He may not be making the best music of his career now, but he's bounced back, considerably, since then.

the original em collab was sposta be "she devil"...but he got all of d12 minus em on that one

Jome

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 02:45:39 PM »
exactly on point.....writing and recording is the easy part. the mixing and mastering to make it sound picture perfect is what typically takes the longest and is generally the most taxing. but a lot of times, that falls on the engineer, as opposed to the rapper.... sometimes, it's easy as fuck to tell when a rapper punched in....but a lot of the times, they mask it so well with over-dubs and adlibs, to the point where the audience wouldnt be able to tell by just listening.....if it sounds impossible to rap without taking breaths in between, then it most likely contains a number of punch-ins engineered to sound like 1 solid verse.... it goes both ways tho. just as many verses get rapped front to back with no punch-ins.. just a bunch of overdubs to replace fuck ups, etc....at the end of the day, there are so many variables, and it's impossible to know exactly how it was done without bein there in the studio and watchin it go down. still, there are definitely times where punch-ins are obvious..especially if the engineer didnt spend a long time masking it.

from personal experience, ive done it every way possible, as have most rappers ive fucked wit....its all circumstantial.

Thanks for the insight. Would have been interesting to know how many punch-ins Eminems verse contains.. it's so fast I'll probably need to see the lyrics to figure out what the hell he's saying.. (at least 50% of it :P )
Knowing the word pr. minute ratio would also be interesting, compared to e.g. Twista

Maybe we get some cypher-like skill-centered tracks from Tech, Em, Crooked I and Royce 59 some day, that would be tight. And it has never been more realistic than now.

Would be sick.