Author Topic: Synchronicity  (Read 815 times)

jeanmiche777

Synchronicity
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:36:41 AM »
What do you think it is?
I'm leaning more and more towards the ''mind playing tricks'' theory, but it still doesn't explain a whole lot about certain situations.

I'll give you an example. A year ago, I made a proposal to my girlfriend. Long story short, it was one of the best time of my life, I felt like I was awake. The nxt day I work, at the end of my shift, I put out a bottle of wine to drink with my co-workers beofre the week-end, to celebrate. I was telling everybody how it went down, they were happy for me, we were all in a very good mood. As we were drinking and having fun, one of my coworker says something like this:

''Oh no, Ben (another coworker) can't be there, he's stuck on the ferry. I'll take a picture and send it to him, I'm sure he would like to be with us''

The most important person in my life so far is my grand-father, who passed away 8 years ago. He used to take that ferry every week to come and visit us. His name is Ben. Nobody knows that where I work. This ferry is almost always on time (99,99% of the time)

At first, I thought it was my grandfather that just gave me a sign. As time goes on, I just realized that we can relate almost every event that happens in our lives to something in our past. It just the way it is, these kind of coincidence is happening to everybody. You just have to look for it, and you will find it. Which makes me beleive there's no synchronicity, it's our minds playing tricks.

Matty

Re: Synchronicity
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:53:55 PM »
there are lots of coincidences, but there is also a rhyme to the universe. if you're starting to get a feel for the latter, it doesn't matter much what these type of events are. they just are, but if you can feel a deeper resonance to things going on in your life, i think that's a big invitation to start getting to the bottom of things. i believe if your kamma is good enough, you'll become aware of much more of these 'signs' than the average person.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:57:33 AM »
there are lots of coincidences, but there is also a rhyme to the universe. if you're starting to get a feel for the latter, it doesn't matter much what these type of events are. they just are, but if you can feel a deeper resonance to things going on in your life, i think that's a big invitation to start getting to the bottom of things. i believe if your kamma is good enough, you'll become aware of much more of these 'signs' than the average person.

What do you mean by ''signs''? Signs of the way the universe works?

Matty

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:22:37 AM »

What do you mean by ''signs''? Signs of the way the universe works?

things that give us a feeling there might be a deeper and more profound intelligence at work (which there most definitely is) as opposed to randomness. so it isn't so much what is happening but if those events give you a sense that something bigger at work. i guess i'm saying it doesn't matter as we can't figure it out anyway. but how occurrences talk to us at an experiential level and what impact that may have is what matters. and yeah, these things are happening to everyone, but the percentage of people who question how things connect or don't connect to eachother is a heck of a lot smaller. if you don't get that feeling it's unlikely you'd ever look much further into what might be going on, not with your own mind anyway.

tl:dr there are no coincidences, anything that points to or makes you feel things are connected is a good thing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:20:54 PM by Matty »

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
there are lots of coincidences, but there is also a rhyme to the universe.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:57:55 AM »
What do you think it is?
I'm leaning more and more towards the ''mind playing tricks'' theory, but it still doesn't explain a whole lot about certain situations.

I'll give you an example. A year ago, I made a proposal to my girlfriend. Long story short, it was one of the best time of my life, I felt like I was awake. The nxt day I work, at the end of my shift, I put out a bottle of wine to drink with my co-workers beofre the week-end, to celebrate. I was telling everybody how it went down, they were happy for me, we were all in a very good mood. As we were drinking and having fun, one of my coworker says something like this:

''Oh no, Ben (another coworker) can't be there, he's stuck on the ferry. I'll take a picture and send it to him, I'm sure he would like to be with us''

The most important person in my life so far is my grand-father, who passed away 8 years ago. He used to take that ferry every week to come and visit us. His name is Ben. Nobody knows that where I work. This ferry is almost always on time (99,99% of the time)

At first, I thought it was my grandfather that just gave me a sign. As time goes on, I just realized that we can relate almost every event that happens in our lives to something in our past. It just the way it is, these kind of coincidence is happening to everybody. You just have to look for it, and you will find it. Which makes me beleive there's no synchronicity, it's our minds playing tricks.

Yeah, but think about how you were made aware of the synchronicity.  It was when you were having a moment and in a heightened state of awareness.  So that is a good sign.  Whenever we are on the right path and in a heightened state of awareness, our realization of the synchronicity grows stronger and pushes us forward with greater force towards our personal evolution.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fraxxx

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 07:17:17 PM »
You're right. Shit like that happens by chance. It's simply the low propability for such coincidences that makes them memorable.

And since the self-absorbed monkey will always ask why ... is happening to him of all people, ANY other explanation will automatically be favored for supporting his desperate claim for personal significance in this infinite ocean of space and time.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fraxxx

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56:53 AM »
tl:dr there are no coincidences, anything that points to or makes you feel things are connected is a good thing.

You really mean that? There are no coincidences, at all? That's a pretty bold statement, I'd say.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Heinz

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:31 PM »
What a world of wonder.