Author Topic: Entourage movie  (Read 461 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Entourage movie
« on: May 19, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »
Saw an advance screening of the Entourage movie here in L.A. recently. Although I was always a die-hard fan of the TV series, I will admit that they faltered a little with that last season. Those last eight episodes lacked the bite that the series had when it was in its prime. Fortunately, the movie more than makes up for a lacking series finale. I've seen the cast describe this big-screen version as "an episode on steroids," and that's essentially it. The opening scene sets the tone nicely - a massive yacht party that provides probably the most cinematic shot of the movie - and business picks up immediately. Although each of the four guys do get their own minor subplot, the movie wisely keeps them together for the most part. The Entourage's chemistry is as clear as ever, and Ari kills it with some great lines - he always works best when the stakes are high and he's struggling to prevent imploding. New cast members Billy Bob Thornton and Haley Joel Osment (yes, from The Sixth Sense) are solid as the antagonists too - although their characters probably could have been a little more developed. Minor complaint for what's otherwise a really enjoyable Summer flick.

Fans should definitely check it out - a lot of nods to the series' heyday and it definitely serves as a better send-off for the Entourage than that last episode did. Not sure how much crossover appeal it has outside of those who followed the TV show, but Entourage has never been the most complex series. Pretty sure a casual viewer could come in and follow along easily. All in all, unquestionably recommend the trip to the movies if you want to see the gang back in form.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

doggfather

Re: Entourage movie
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 02:01:56 AM »
this is the movie i really waitin 4!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »
never seen entourage......is this a movie i wont enjoy if im not familiar with the show? i was thinkin of peepin it out

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
never seen entourage......is this a movie i wont enjoy if im not familiar with the show? i was thinkin of peepin it out

You should be fine, man. The first five minutes is kind of like a prologue bringing new viewers and established fans up to speed on the characters and where they're at. In addition, Entourage was never a demanding show that required dedicated viewing. I think for non-fans it works as a fun, pretty accessible popcorn flick.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:13:18 AM »

Really big mistake.
Watch it, watch it NOW.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »
honest trailer for this.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://t.co/RE9lZOjww5

still want it!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ