Author Topic: RAKIM LISTS HIS TOP NY RAPPERS  (Read 484 times)

Sccit

RAKIM LISTS HIS TOP NY RAPPERS
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jqk9r1OsT-I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jqk9r1OsT-I</a>

NO NAS

Game-Won

Re: RAKIM LISTS HIS TOP NY RAPPERS
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
Every list with no Nas is just plain retarded.

Nas is on every HipHop Head top 5 dead or alive.. or u aint listening for the lyrics.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »

Nas is on every HipHop Head top 5 dead or alive.. or u aint listening for the lyrics.

he didn't like the song that nas dropped about him

Game-Won

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 04:02:18 PM »

He had problems with the tribute song? He should be honored someone like Nas looked up to him... Did he ever make the krs tribute?
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »

He had problems with the tribute song? He should be honored someone like Nas looked up to him... Did he ever make the krs tribute?

if I recall correctly he didn't like "UBR" because Nas mentioned his children and what not... nothing was a diss but Rakim felt he didn't want another rapper telling his personal life on wax when he never did it himself

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 11:24:26 PM »
Nas and Rakim have worked together since that tho so this is interesting. I guess Rakim is still bitter about that song.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
Nas and Rakim have worked together since that tho so this is interesting.

granted that was Kanye who arranged that track it was still dope, I doubt all those guys were even in the same room recording

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »

if I recall correctly he didn't like "UBR" because Nas mentioned his children and what not... nothing was a diss but Rakim felt he didn't want another rapper telling his personal life on wax when he never did it himself

That and apparently he didn't like that he ignored his career past the 80s, makin him out to be washed up n what not

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »

That and apparently he didn't like that he ignored his career past the 80s, makin him out to be washed up n what not

maybe if Nas drops a sequel to the track and tells his career correctly Rakim will finally collaborate with him lol and include him in his list

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 10:57:44 PM »
I think this it taken out of context. He starts talking about groups then shifts onto current artists

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 10:11:22 AM »
I think this it taken out of context. He starts talking about groups then shifts onto current artists

NO WAY!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »
It's true, Rakim did seem to have some issues with Nas since that track came out. Before that track, most interviews with Rakim, he was always very complementary to Nas and said he was the best rapper of whenever he gave an interview. I've even heard him complement Nas since that track, but before he use to go out of his way to complement Nas, and since it's like, "yeah, Nas is dope too." LOL