Author Topic: Mekkan Refugee catches up with Infinite near completion of his net album  (Read 538 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Mekkan Refugee:  Assalamualaikum, may Allah allow the coming of the Ramadaan to be a mercy to us

Infinite:  Walakumusalaam, ameen, surely we are weak and in need of Allah's mercy.

Mekkan Refugee:  First of all, what does this Ramadaan mean to you, being in another country, far away from the Western abyss where you didn't live but merely exist...

Infinite:  I'm going to be experiencing Ramadaan on the Eastern side of things... that means that the gravitational pull of the Earth, and my position amongst the stars is unlike before—what that will ultimately mean and how it will affect my experience, and what relevance it has remains to be seen.  Like is often the case with Ramadaan, the bottom line is, I have a lot I need to pray for, very in need of Allah's help.  I'm a beggar at the doorstep of Allah.  Knocking and hoping that Allah answers.

Mekkan Refugee:  So when we last spoke I think you were about 1/3 of the way through the album.  Where are you now in the recording process?

Infinite:  Alhamdulillah, I'm either finished or near finished.  I'm at 8 tracks now...  

https://soundcloud.com/abdul-infinite

1.  "Escape from the Holy Roman Empire"
2.  "A Traveler's Prayer"
3.  "None of It Mattered"
4.  "Thru their peephole"
5.  "Reaching to the Sky"
6.  "Death to Horrorcore Rap"
7.  "Trapped in 1996"
8.  "As a Child Grows" for my son

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UXvALOgW7N4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UXvALOgW7N4</a>

Mekkan Refugee:  I noticed in a couple tracks you are going in on Sccit again?  Ain't that shit played out?  Your in another zone, on another hemisphere, where you can move on and be strong?

Infinite:  ...or so I thought.  Naw, he reignited the beef via facebook.  Thing is, I ain't really the type to bitch back and forth on the dubcc, there is nothing constructive wit that.  His juvenile friend Roccy, posted some shit like "does Infinite wear his boxers backwards"—and I understand that that is their level.  And so I'm supposed to respond with something like that, and that is supposed to be the nature of our beef.  I mean, you see the kids used to do it all the time, Petey, and whoever... at the moment they are mezmorized by somebody who edited Eminem lyrics to make them say "Mom's Spaghetti"—monkeys are easily amused.  You can keep a monkey busy for hours with stuff like that.

Mekkan Refugee:  Yeah, that's a reason I respect you, ahki, because in spite of such vast empty spaces, you are still trying to push things to higher levels.

Infinite:  Word.  And that is all this is.  You know Sccit used to be a cool cat, but he really sold himself out to Petey and the trolls, and no doubt it brought him down several notches.  He thinks it is nothing, but it manifests itself in different ways.

Mekkan Refugee:  It's like Sccit is your muse for this album?

Infinite:  Yeah... I'd rather have it be a bitch, you know?  I mean... for my first album I guess my muse was Islam, and me being a new Muslim.  For my second album, my muse was lost love, Africa, and Arabia.   Then for my 3rd album, my partners Yatz, and yourself (Mekkan Refugee) were really the inspiration for that whole album.

Mekkan Refugee:  Thanks ahki, I still remember meeting you on your way to that busking gig in St. Louis, necessity is the mother of invention as they say.... Getting back to the album though—So are you pleased with this album, now that it is almost finished?

Infinite:  No.  It's way too depressing.  I mean, I couldn't help it, because it had to serve as a time capsule for this period of my life, and this has been a very rough and depressing period in my life.  So that's worth a lot being able to get it on record, but I can't say that it is something that people are going to be exciting about—or that is gonna bring a lot of good vibes.  It's almost like Pac feeling he couldn't be creative in prison, so he waited till he was out to start writing All Eyez On Me.  Well I can't leave here and be greeted by Suge's limousine and then decide to start writing rap records.  I don't have that luxury.  So I would be that dude writing rhymes in prison, no doubt.  In fact, although commercially it may not capture the imagination and interest of others, I think spiritually that is the most important time to write.  Is when you are the most confined, most vulnerable, and least creative.  Cause if you burry those thoughts and don't let them give rise and run to the murmuring sea, then you may drown pieces of yourself that you will never get back.  Feel me?

Mekkan Refugee:  Who feels it knows it... so what is left?

Infinite:  I will probably go back in and recut each track, maybe refine it a bit... nourish it the way gold is nourished... and maybe add a couple more cuts, and then it's a wrap, and just praying that the next chapter of my life can remove the hardships I am currently facing, I know it won't happen right away, but in the way that the seasons change...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:26:03 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J. B A N A N A S

Just to clarify, you are writing a fictionalized conversation with yourself as two separate identities. Could you not get someone from the dub to interview you?

Sccit

AG, WHERE U AT?

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
 Thing is, I ain't really the type to bitch back and forth on the dubcc, there is nothing constructive wit that.  

lol stop lying, that´s all you do here. your bitterness is so deep you can´t see that you´re the juvenile one here.

but hey, don´t believe me. this is just one of those attacks orchestrated by your haters. because you´re like tupac and it´s you against the world.

you should focus your anger on something constructive, this is not it.
 you´re not that bad with the pen, work on your strong points and flaws .