Author Topic: DUBCC/DUBCNN FORUM UPDATE COMING SOON  (Read 5502 times)

Calilove661

Re: DUBCC/DUBCNN FORUM UPDATE COMING SOON
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 03:56:57 PM »
Please don't change the blue color the forum is using right now. It's real soothing to the eye, perfect blue.

Can I fucc tha gurrl in ur pro-file pichar?

Don Seer

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2015, 02:01:36 AM »
quick bump...

this aint forgotten

summer was not a good time to do this, plus its been dry (wet sundays are the best chance for me to get time to work on it!)

i'm working on a way to make the database convert to the new forum version happen fast. if i did it the way i've tested before now it could take over a week, i'm hoping to only have the forum down for a weekend - if that

i'd rather the forum is down for a little as poss and it take longer, than take it offline for too long

Calilove661

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »
quick bump...

this aint forgotten

summer was not a good time to do this, plus its been dry (wet sundays are the best chance for me to get time to work on it!)

i'm working on a way to make the database convert to the new forum version happen fast. if i did it the way i've tested before now it could take over a week, i'm hoping to only have the forum down for a weekend - if that

i'd rather the forum is down for a little as poss and it take longer, than take it offline for too long

Give us a countdown clock Chuuuch.

Portugoal

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2015, 12:02:46 AM »
Overseer! :D

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 02:52:41 AM »
sup  :D

latest update: yesterday i got the import and convert down to under an hour for import, then about 5 hours for convert.

so all being well its about a day the forum would be down for.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »
sup  :D

latest update: yesterday i got the import and convert down to under an hour for import, then about 5 hours for convert.

so all being well its about a day the forum would be down for.
You gonna have a black dark type of skin. easier on the eyes.

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 12:09:18 AM »
not planning on it.. first one will probably be the skin thats up on the test site

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
Please don't change the blue color the forum is using right now. It's real soothing to the eye, perfect blue.

this colour scheme will be available as an option :)  (maybe not instantly, but it'll be back)

have you see the test forum thats up? http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/

Yes, but not really feeling it. Light blue is too bright and looks cheap. It's your site though.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

CORREA

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »
not planning on it.. first one will probably be the skin thats up on the test site

same here shits too bright
will this update will we finally be able to post youtube and mega like normal forums?

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2016, 09:02:51 PM »
Where is the update?

Don Seer

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:50 AM »
not done anything since the last update. its going to (have to) happen this year. sooner rather than later too.

whats needed is some really wet weather in the UK so i can't go mountain biking :D

same here shits too bright
will this update will we finally be able to post youtube and mega like normal forums?

i think youtube is a must. TBH i don't know, you can try on the test forum.

right now i want to focus on getting the move done and get "snagging" for issues with that out of the way.

i hear ya'll on the colour front. i'll get a dark theme like the current one done for launch.
looks ok on my machine at home, but quickly posting from my laptop and i can see how bright the test site is.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:55:46 AM by Don Seer »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »

Will_B

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
Never happening

Don Seer

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 09:28:24 AM »
yeah whatever :)

- last week got the script that updates the links so that all the links in the forum that go to other posts will be updated to work in the new location
- got my new development VM (the one i sped the migration up fast previously) up and running to edit templates again. now its on n popping

just quickly looked into the youtube side of things. looks like will be installing this mod : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3268

Don Seer

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 03:41:26 PM »
i hear ya'll on the colour front. i'll get a dark theme like the current one done for launch.

been working on this.. whut whut!

it'll be done before detox..  8)

btw looks like google has spidered the older forum 'test' data on the new location.. meaning google has already indexed a lot of the site before we're even there
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:56:12 PM by Don Seer »