Author Topic: MC Ren Blasts N.W.A "Straight Outta Compton" Movie Promotion  (Read 1940 times)

Desert Lord

“Fuck these bitches at universal pictures leaving me out the movie trailers tryin to rewrite history,” MC Ren writes on Twitter.

MC Ren made a series of social media posts today (June 10) regarding the promotion of Straight Outta Compton, the forthcoming film on N.W.A that is due in theaters August 14.

"Man fuck these bitches at universal pictures leaving me out the movie trailers tryin to rewrite history," MC Ren writes on Twitter.

MC Ren, who with Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and DJ Yella was a member of N.W.A, is not depicted in the trailers.

The trailers focus on Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, and Ice Cube. The trailers also feature Ruthless Records executive and N.W.A manger Jerry Heller, but do not focus on either MC Ren or DJ Yella.

DJ Yella produced N.W.A’s material with Dr. Dre.

MC Ren was one of N.W.A’s main rappers and has been name-dropped in songs by several rappers, including OutKast on “Aquemini.”He also wrote some of Eazy-E’s lyrics.

"When you have bitches work on a hip hop film that don't know shit about hip hop this is what happens. How the hell u leave me out after all,” MC Ren writes, "The work I put into them records. It's disrespectful to me, my family and most of all my FANS.”

MC Ren’s posts are as follows, as are photos of the vinyl of N.W.A's Straight Outta Compton and Eazy-E's Eazy-Duz-It albums, which highlight MC Ren's writing credits as a member of N.W.A and for Eazy-E..

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.34195/title.mc-ren-blasts-universal-pictures-regarding-n-w-a-straight-outta-compton-movie-promotion

me1

Re: MC Ren Blasts N.W.A "Straight Outta Compton" Movie Promotion
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:47:36 PM »
should be pissed....look at those writing credits. some major work he put in

papa-smurf

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »
wtf he bitching about not being a movie trailer? SMH

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
shame on em...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Westdog

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:38:32 PM »
Mc Ren is right. Hope the movie will be cool
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

papa-smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 12:40:03 AM »
Dont nobody know who mc ren is anyway. When people think of NWA they think of eazy e,dr dre & ice cube. Ren bitching about not being in a trailer is petty. He is in the movie so thats all that count.

flatlinerz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 01:59:55 AM »
I was pretty pissed off not seeing Ren in any of the promo, he was a major part of NWA one of the best MC's out the west with classic solo albums

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 02:56:07 AM »
THEY SHOULDA PUT EVERY1 IN THE PROMO, BUT THEY LEFT MICHEL'LE OUT THE MOVIE ALTOGETHER, DIDNT THEY? AND NOTHIN ABOUT ARABIAN PRINCE LEAVIN THE GROUP TO MAKE DANCE HITS LOL. I FEEL LIKE THE MOVIES GUNA HAVE A GANGA INACCURACIES

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 05:17:35 AM »
It wouldn't be a good marketing strategy to promote a movie about MC Ren and DJ Yella.. they need to bring to the cinema a bigger audience than NWA fanbase!
I'm sure in the movie he will have his space..

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 05:18:44 AM »
THEY SHOULDA PUT EVERY1 IN THE PROMO, BUT THEY LEFT MICHEL'LE OUT THE MOVIE ALTOGETHER, DIDNT THEY? AND NOTHIN ABOUT ARABIAN PRINCE LEAVIN THE GROUP TO MAKE DANCE HITS LOL. I FEEL LIKE THE MOVIES GUNA HAVE A GANGA INACCURACIES

Yeah will be a good movie
Just not the real story

Desert Lord

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 06:11:34 AM »
MC Ren was an important part of the group and maybe the best mc in nwa...if he'll only be like a sidekick in the movie, then i'm really pissed!
and to the guy that said nobody would know who he is: you must be out your fucking mind! everybody that knows a little bit about hiphop know who mc ren is lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:14:03 AM by Desert Lord »

papa-smurf

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 07:16:19 AM »
MC Ren was an important part of the group and maybe the best mc in nwa...if he'll only be like a sidekick in the movie, then i'm really pissed!
and to the guy that said nobody would know who he is: you must be out your fucking mind! everybody that knows a little bit about hiphop know who mc ren is lol

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

me1

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 07:32:19 AM »

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

blaspheme!

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »
I'd wouldn't recognize MC Ren in the streets, let alone a actor portraying him in a movie. MC Ren can rap his ass off but if he wasn't in NWA nobody would care about dude, and this is comin' from a NWA fan who thinks Ren is a better rapper than Cube.

Regular public don't wanna see an NWA movie because of Ren. He should be glad they do a good job at promotin' a movie that he will be a part of and gets royalties for.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:49:42 AM by Dargine »
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 09:14:41 AM »
I can understand why dude is kind of pissed, and actually this has been a problem for some time. 

MC Ren never gets the respect he deserves for NWA.  Everyone from Hellar, to even Dr. Dre and Ice Cube also have sort of glossed over Ren when talking about NWA for a long time now.  I'm sure the promotions and everything had to meet their approval.  But it would be unwise for Ren to pick a fight with Dre or Cube, so I think he had to take it out on the evil white/Jewish media owned movie company, or whatever.  He always gets overlooked.  I was surprised to—when I kept seeing those pics of Cube, Dre, and the actors playing their part and Eazy's part—but no Ren and Yella in the picture.  This was in a lot of the promotions. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)