Author Topic: Help fund a new album from the Geto Boys  (Read 675 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Help fund a new album from the Geto Boys
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »
why wouldn't they just put an album out thru J Prince again?  there beef there?

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
why wouldn't they just put an album out thru J Prince again?  there beef there?

because they don't fuck with him anymore in terms of business, they're not trying to go through the same cycle of empty promises and getting dicked around

only artist even left on Rap-A-Lot is Bun B (I think lol)

Matty

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »
as much as i hate to agree with CORREA, doesn't look good for this KS unless some big backers appear pretty soon.

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »
as much as i hate to agree with CORREA, doesn't look good for this KS unless some big backers appear pretty soon.

I'm sure they will hit at least 50-75K and still run with the album

CORREA

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 02:56:20 PM »
It' ll make it easily....they are on tour performing for a ton of people. Within a few days it will be at 20k i bet. People want to hear these guys.
maybe i'm wrong tho.

i doubt anyone in the united states give a shit bout them
what county they touring at

Matty

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »

I'm sure they will hit at least 50-75K and still run with the album

normally KS get exponentially more backers the first few days and 5 days in they only have 5k. would be surprised if it gets to 25 let alone 50k. still, props for trying this route, nobody has anything to lose if it doesn't succeed.

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »
It' ll make it easily....they are on tour performing for a ton of people. Within a few days it will be at 20k i bet. People want to hear these guys.
maybe i'm wrong tho.

i doubt anyone in the united states give a shit bout them
what county they touring at

the US and almost all of their tour dates sold out, granted some of the shows include Public Enemy, Naughty By Nature, etc.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »
shoulda set the goal much lower.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »
so J Prince fucked them over financially?  not surprised as he is a record exec after all but you'd think he would take care of the rappers who put him on the map.

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
so J Prince fucked them over financially?  not surprised as he is a record exec after all but you'd think he would take care of the rappers who put him on the map.

that was the reason Willie D left in '92, Bill in '97, Scarface wasn't rocking with J from like 2002-2007... I will say though that J. Prince did give the artists basically 100% freedom as far as creative control and let them do what they want musically but didn't market them enough or push for hit singles

example: how was a video not ever shot for "What a Job" by Devin, Snoop, and Andre 3000 or how was it not even pushed more to radio? that song is a HIT, in any generation

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:35 AM »
NOT EVEN HALF WAY THERE WITH 1 DAY LEFT.....AND SACRFACE HAS NOW BEEN HOSPITALIZED

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/07/geto-boys-scarface-hospitalized-under-mysterious-circumstances/

SMH

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »
the album will still come out regardless, the kickstarter pledge prizes just won't happen

we need Deeply Rooted first though

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »
That's crazy they just lost 50 gz, they shoulda made that the goal and came out winnin

Blood$

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 05:55:11 PM »
That's crazy they just lost 50 gz, they shoulda made that the goal and came out winnin

I agree

but even with 30 they could probably get Mike Dean and other producers they've fucked with before that I can't see charging an arm and leg based off the strength of having history, then just invest a little of their own personal money for the rest and they could easily make it back from digital sales  8)

Desert Lord

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »
so it will come out anyway? somewhere i read that it'll definetly come out