Author Topic: BRANDON BASS TO THE LAKESHOW  (Read 648 times)

Sccit

BRANDON BASS TO THE LAKESHOW
« on: July 05, 2015, 09:47:12 PM »
HIBBERT LOU-WILL AND BASS IN A MATTER OF 2 DAYS

NOT BAD

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: BRANDON BASS TO THE LAKESHOW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:26:25 PM »
Lou Will and Bass were good signings, especially because it now makes a lot of our returning players actually tradeable. Jordan Clarkson seems to be the victim in all this though. Had a monster showing only for them to sign and draft perimeter players taking the ball out of his hands. Unfortunately it makes him the odd man out but he's turning into a free agent soon anyways.

Hibbert's garbage but we got him for nothing so hey.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »
Lou Will and Bass were good signings, especially because it now makes a lot of our returning players actually tradeable. Jordan Clarkson seems to be the victim in all this though. Had a monster showing only for them to sign and draft perimeter players taking the ball out of his hands. Unfortunately it makes him the odd man out but he's turning into a free agent soon anyways.

If the Lakers give away Clarkson because they signed Lou, the are mentally deranged...

Hibbert is indeed very bad and I also would not consider 15 mil per season "nothing" ... Indiana gladly dumped his shit contract on the first suitor.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 12:12:51 AM »
It seems like the key piece in that trade was a second rounder. As garbage as Hibbert is, he will likely accumulate as much production as a second rounder would, if not more.

We took on his contract because there are no other FA's left and we have no center. He is also an expiring contract so we get the cap room back next year, much like when we took Jeremy Lin's terrible contract last offseason.

Hibbert's a piece of shit but there really are no long term ramifications to adding him to the team. Either way we didn't have a center. If Lakers want to use up their cap room for this one season, let them. Not any of our money.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 12:18:08 AM »
No doubt that the Lakers have the money to pay him and then some, just know that the Pacers simply used this trade as a salary dump and not because they really wanted a draft pick.

Jordan Hill > Hibbert
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 02:20:57 AM »
^ That's fine lol, we'll take the contract off their hands then.

Trust me, I was furious with the way we spent our offseason... we're a rebuilding team and the moment we chose to go for a guard instead of a big, I immediately predicted it would be fucking hard to find a replacement big. On top of that, I thought maybe we could try to trade with a team with a bunch of rookie centers (like 76ers) or at least go for Cauley-Stein instead of Cousins cuz we had no fucking chance at Cousins.

It's not like I'm thrilled that we're settling for a mental midget of a center with Hibbert, but the bottom line is we have absolutely nothing to lose at this point. We struck out, he has one year left on his deal, and our draft pick is gone this year. And who knows, maybe Hibbert can even return to his All-Star form and make Pacers feel retarded. I'm not counting on it, but crazier shit has happened before.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »

If the Lakers give away Clarkson because they signed Lou, the are mentally deranged...

Hibbert is indeed very bad and I also would not consider 15 mil per season "nothing" ... Indiana gladly dumped his shit contract on the first suitor.

HIBBERT IS AN EXPIRING CONTRACT. 15 MILL IS NOTHING WHEN THERES NO ONE ELSE TO SIGN+IT'S COMING OFF THE BOOKS.....AND HE'S NOT "GARBAGE", HE'S A GREAT RIM PROTECTOR AND WILL PROVIDE MUCH NEEDED DEFENSE IN THE PAINT. THE GUY IS A 2 TIME ALL-STAR, LETS NOT ACT LIKE WE JUST ACQUIRED KWAME BROWN.

AS FOR CLARKSON BEIN THE ODD MAN OUT, I DONT SEE IT....LOU WILLIAMS WILL COME OFF THE BENCH. CLARKSON CAN START AT THE 2, AND D-RUSS WILL TAKE OVER THE MAJORITY OF THE POINT GUARD DUTIES. KOBE IS AT AN AGE WHERE HE SHOULD PLAY MOST HIS MINUTES AT THE 3. I THINK WE GOT A NICE BALANCE OF GUARDS AND BIGS.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »
Bass is a very nice guy, any team is lucky to have a hard worker like him.

Feel bad for him he's not going to see the playoffs next year, should've stayed with us

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 03:17:09 PM »
SO WE JUST GUNA PRETEND LIKE ROY HIBBERT WASNT THE BEST RIM PROTECTOR IN THE LEAGUE FROM 2011-2014, AND WAS STILL TOP 3 LAST YEAR IN AN OFF YEAR?

LOL OK

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »
SO WE JUST GUNA PRETEND LIKE ROY HIBBERT WASNT THE BEST RIM PROTECTOR IN THE LEAGUE FROM 2011-2014, AND WAS STILL TOP 3 LAST YEAR IN AN OFF YEAR?

LOL OK

same center that the Pacers wanted to get rid of desperately??

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »

LOL OK

same center that the Pacers wanted to get rid of desperately??

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

YUP....THE VERY SAME ALL-STAR BIG WHO WAS THE STARTING CENTER ON THOSE CONTENDING PACER TEAMS OF THE LAST FEW YEARS

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 05:18:59 PM »
the Pacers jumped at the first chance to get rid of him for a reason :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
the Pacers jumped at the first chance to get rid of him for a reason :laugh:

YES....BECAUSE PAUL GEORGE FUCKED HIS WIFE AND THEY HAD BEEF.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 05:27:48 PM »
you can try to spin the demise of Roy's career anyway you want but he's still a bum  :sleep:

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 05:29:14 PM »
you can try to spin the demise of Roy's career anyway you want but he's still a bum  :sleep:

"DEMISE OF HIS CAREER"

3RD BEST RIM PROTECTOR IN THE LEAGUE JUST LAST YEAR.....2 TIME ALL-STAR.....STARTING CENTER FOR CONTENDING TEAM GOIN ON 4 YEARS. YEA, OK.

HAVE FUN WIT KELLY OLYNYK BRODIE