Author Topic: Action Bronson disses Ghostface on ESPN show  (Read 1697 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Action Bronson disses Ghostface on ESPN show
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »
The reason why Hip Hop is soft.

Action Bronson: "Ghost ain't rappin' like this no more. 8)"

Ghostface: *makes video dissing him, calling him fat, instead of a diss record*

Nigga is scared to look stupid in the booth, just like Method Man years ago.

Blood$

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
if that's the case, Ghostface took the L the moment this dropped

but he doesn't want dudes sounding like him though  :P

like i said, ghostface gave him a pass. maybe bronson naturally sounds like him, who knows?.....doesnt mean bronson all of a sudden has the right to go on national tv and speak down on the legend. it's outta pocket, and theres no way around it. ghostface woulda had to be a buster to let that slide, and thats what i was sayin from the get, when u was on some "ghostface is cool wit that" nonsense.

imagine some1 took ur whole style and then had the nerve to talk u down when u aint never came at him sideways over it, even when u coulda....it's the ultimate disrespect. i duno how u dont see it..pretty much every1 else does.

Ghost didn't take it as disrespect until social media ran with that but didn't give his new album the same attention lol why you think it took him so long to finally respond? he needs something to capitalize and stay relevant

if you ever truly listened to Bronson then you would know it's only the vocal tones that are similar, nothing about their flow/delivery/cadence and content is the same at all so to say that Bronson 'blew up' off emulating or biting Ghost is a stretch, and as said before rap is a competitive sport if Ghost wants to prove anything in 2015 it's simple: DROP BETTER MUSIC

8)

bruh, u goin in circles, that shit was blatant disrespect, and ghost took it as disrespect off top, which is why he called bronson the moment he heard the comments......anyone who doesnt see it as disrespect is either deaf or dumb. now whether or not it's a promotional tactic is besides the point, because it was out of pocket either way.

btw ghostface drops good music consistently...from what i hear, bronson's debut didnt really meet expectations, so it aint like he killin the game right now. he's got a ways to go before he gets anywhere close to ghostface.

Sour Soul had recycled rhymes but had a cool vibe, I didn't see anything special about 12 Reasons To Die

he hasn't had a remarkable solo since Fishcale  which was 9 years ago

Young Old Head

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 03:00:09 AM »
i don't even get the comparisons... bronson nowadays doesn't sound anything like ghost these days. maybe like 4 years ago...

Cash Money Blood Gang

The Predator

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »
Ghostface Killah's ruckus with Action Bronson is a classic Wu-Tang moment

The pair clashed after Bronson suggested Ghostface might not be the force he once was, but his diss track via video response shows Tony Starks has still got it

Best of enemies: Ghostface Killah and Action Bronson.

Wednesday 22 July 2015 17.10 BST

Action Bronson is a doughy Queens rapper in his early 30s who used to be a chef. He’s one of the most popular underground rappers working, known for his oft-hilarious, ever-whimsical wordplay. While his lyrical tropes are unique (fine foods, unflappable characters, gaudy furnishings), his flow is not. Almost everyone who hears him is immediately reminded of Ghostface Killah, the mid-40s Wu-Tang swordsmith who is one of the most acclaimed rappers in the genre’s history.

Since Bronson’s ascent at the beginning of the decade, the pair have managed to coexist peacefully. When asked about their similarities, Bronson usually shrugged off comparisons but paid homage, and Ghostface was more inclined to feel flattered than ripped off. But this week their relationship went south, following Bronson’s appearance on the ESPN show SportsNation. When asked about Ghostface, Bronson went off script: “He’s not rapping like this no more,” he said, adding that Ghostface “needs something” – seeming to imply that he is no longer relevant.

This was undoubtedly bad form. Lyrically minded New York MCs are, even more than other rappers, expected to maintain respect for those who came before them. This is especially true if you’re white (Eminem, for example, regularly shouts out those who inspired him). Sure, Bronson has been more of a critic’s darling than Ghost in recent years. But his catalog can’t compare with his Wu-Tang predecessor’s, and even today Ghostface has by no means fallen off. Recent works such as Sour Soul, with jazz trio BadBadNotGood, and Twelve Reasons to Die II, with producer Adrian Younge, show that he maintains his sharpness.

Ghostface Killah even threatened to set Bronson’s beard on fire

Bronson’s comments inspired an epic, six-minute rebuttal from Ghostface on Monday, in which he told his side of the story, and threatened Bronson’s life in a number of ways. Even for someone who prides himself on painting gory macabre portraits, this was a doozy. “Don’t let me hang you from a rope and gut you like a pig,” he said at one point, also threatening to set Bronson’s beard on fire.

Ghostface didn’t break into rhyme, but it was a glorious hip-hop performance nonetheless. He wore a St Louis Cardinals jacket and grey sweatpants, which he held up, near his crotch, with his left hand, which somehow heightened the tension. Discoursing (presumably from his living room) over the Teddy Pendergrass song Be For Real, he at times paused to let the chorus sink in, making the case that Bronson was a “fraud”.

As Ghostface told it, following the SportsNation episode he called Bronson, telling him to make things right. Bronson then walked it back on Twitter, calling Ghostface an “idol”. But the Queens rapper then deleted the tweets. This inspired Ghost’s public wrath, with him insisting that he maintains contacts in all 50 states “that’ll do disappearing acts on motherfuckers for nothing”.

Bronson quickly put up a series of apologetic tweets, noting: “When ur wrong ur wrong and I was wrong. I apologized for the comments. I’ll always be a stand up human. Much love.” His feed since then has shown a desire to put the incident behind him.

Indeed, it’s certainly never positive when real-life violence is threatened. But in this case it seems likely that Ghost was mainly sending a message. Someone actually intent on murdering someone else probably wouldn’t go into great detail about how he planned on doing it, for one thing. Still, while Ghostface isn’t known for violence, like his group, he ain’t nothing to fuck with. He did four months for attempted robbery in 1999, and his son, Wu-Tang affiliate Sun God, was recently arrested on gun charges and accused of assaulting two detectives.

Make no mistake – Bronson is no slouch himself, known for pummeling and throwing off stage fans who run up on him. (He’s a fan, after all, of mixed martial arts.) But one suspects that nothing will come of this back-and-forth, other than promotion for each artist’s latest projects.

In the long term, however, it’s unclear how Bronson fans will react. They tend to worship the true school, lyrical masters like Wu-Tang, and to break with Ghost in this way seems likely to alienate some of them. But for Ghost himself the skirmish could have the opposite effect. No one faults him for coming back as did, and in fact he did so in the most classic Wu-Tang style imaginable. Even though he’s not rapping, the YouTube clip could practically be released as a single, and would rival Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) track Method Man for its vivid, inventive threats.

Again, if you believe that this video is more akin to a diss track than an actual promise of violence (as I do), it’s pretty compelling. Having a real-life target for one’s lyrical wrath has creatively inspired plenty of rappers over the years, from Dr Dre (Nuthin’ But a ‘G’ Thang) to Jay-Z (The Takeover). In both cases these conflicts also inspired their rivals – Eazy-E and Nas respectively – to up their games as well. For the sake of hip-hop, one hopes that Action Bronson and Ghostface will follow course and settle this beef as it should be – on wax.

The Predator

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2015, 03:11:18 AM »
Poppa Wu steppin to Bronson at Sean Price's wake...

popawu7 This wat we do I'm 4 real Popawu u Fuk with my mine u get Chestties Wu 4ever

''Chestties''   ???;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:04:20 PM by The Predator »

Blood$

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2015, 08:49:34 AM »
What a washed up, disrespectful prick... no respect for the dead just because he wants his moment of shine off another man's battle, you already know he had his boys with the cameras ready like "Yo make sure you get a pic for my IG"

Bronson looking like he's about to body slam dude anyhow

The Predator

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2015, 12:29:26 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/axHml2_hlvY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/axHml2_hlvY</a>
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:03:51 PM by The Predator »

Blood$

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
Papa Wu's actions just made Ghostface take the L

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2015, 03:28:29 PM »

not really

Blood$

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2015, 03:29:47 PM »

not really

my bad... made the entire Wu brand take an L

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2015, 03:38:29 PM »

not really

it's sukcer shit to think that one mans actions is responsible for an entire crew....i bet some wu members dont even know about this shit and couldnt care less even if they did.

now if it was ghost steppin to action, whole nother story.

The Predator

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2015, 03:49:54 PM »
Ghostface Killah responds.

Ghostface Killah has responded to Popa Wu's interaction with Action Bronson at Sean Price's wake.

"Nuff respect to Sean price family, my condolences," he writes on Twitter today (August 12). "That thing that happen yesterday wasn't my work, I never sent the wolves on him."

Ghostface Killah feuded with Action Bronson last month when Bronson said the Wu-Tang member didn't rap in his signature style anymore.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:12:26 PM by The Predator »

Blood$

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »

not really

it's sukcer shit to think that one mans actions is responsible for an entire crew....i bet some wu members dont even know about this shit and couldnt care less even if they did.

now if it was ghost steppin to action, whole nother story.

doesn't matter, this dude represents the entire Wu-Tang just like any other member and not only that he is their supposed 'OG'... if it's anybody that should know better it's Popa Wu and he just made them all look real bad

if Ghost did this, it would be even worse and most definitely still an L for homie

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »

not really

Yep  - HEY LETS LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD FAGGOTS AND POST A VIDEO OF US BEING MAD AT A GUY FOR PAYIN RESPECTS AT A FUNERAL

Blood$

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »

not really

Yep  - HEY LETS LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD FAGGOTS AND POST A VIDEO OF US BEING MAD AT A GUY FOR PAYIN RESPECTS AT A FUNERAL

you know Papa Wu is gonna be copping pleas soon just like Ghost is right now about the situation lol "I went there to straighten it out, the media is twisting this up to destroy our brothers"