Author Topic: My comment on the status of the Lakers  (Read 1706 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: My comment on the status of the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
lol @ NIK trying to deflect how poorly Pau was treated

it went from "LAKERS ARE GETTING ALDRIDGE AND GASOL" to "ROY HIBBERT IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE WORLD"  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
It was a huge news story for a day when I was home. Basically when Aldridge didn't sign, all hell broke loose.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-bresnahan-20150628-story.html

Marc Gasol has no interest in the Lakers because of the uneasy last few years his brother spent with them, according to numerous people familiar with the situation.

sounds like some fanmade media bs...what are the sources? did marc say that himself? any sources close to marc confirm that? because it's definitely something that sounds easy to fabricate...but with no proof behind it, it's all speculation.

and pau got what he deserved btw....he started bein a soft bitch dating back to the 2011 playoffs, when phil jackson had to shove him in the chest because he was mentally drained from shannon brown fucking his wife. played like a d-league scrub in that series and in the following playoffs, as well. management did what they needed.....eventually traded him for cp3 -not mitch's fault the deal was (illegally?) vetoed.

but like i said...if marc really wanted to be in LA and play for a contender, then why not clippers? because his fuckin heart was in memphis, thats why. he was raised there, went to high school there (when pau played for the grizzlies), and aint nobody guna turn down money to leave a contending team in a city u been made ur home from day 1.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 04:56:45 PM »
Clippers didn't have the $$$ to sign a free agent

that's why they NEEDED to bring Deandre back, they couldn't spend money on the open market and therefore begged him to come back and it worked.

those guys got one more year to be a real problem in the west...ALL thanks to Pierce, who will make sure they don't choke away a 3-1 lead again  ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 06:33:18 PM »
It was a huge news story for a day when I was home. Basically when Aldridge didn't sign, all hell broke loose.

Marc Gasol has no interest in the Lakers because of the uneasy last few years his borother spent with them, according to numerous people familiar with the situation.

sounds like some fanmade media bs...what are the sources? did marc say that himself? any sources close to marc confirm that? because it's definitely something that sounds easy to fabricate...but with no proof behind it, it's all speculation.

and pau got what he deserved btw....he started bein a soft bitch dating back to the 2011 playoffs, when phil jackson had to shove him in the chest because he was mentally drained from shannon brown fucking his wife. played like a d-league scrub in that series and in the following playoffs, as well. management did what they needed.....eventually traded him for cp3 -not mitch's fault the deal was (illegally?) vetoed.

but like i said...if marc really wanted to be in LA and play for a contender, then why not clippers? because his fuckin heart was in memphis, thats why. he was raised there, went to high school there (when pau played for the grizzlies), and aint nobody guna turn down money to leave a contending team in a city u been made ur home from day 1.

But it was more than just Pau. Look at Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum. Both in trade rumours all the time. No one was safe in L.A., just Kobe. That's not the way to run a franchise if you expect to attract people. They didn't resign Ariza after he played a key part in winning a title. Mitch just didn't treat players good at all. Look at Golden State and how West told them not to traded for Love. West kept players together in the 90's until everyone wanted then gone like Nick Van Exel or they left mid-sized season to go boating like Cedric. But players were not always in the paper because of trade rumors. You ask Kobe if he'd want Pau back, he'd say yes.

As I said, maybe it's Jim, maybe he's the source of dysfunction and Mitch has to work around it. I don't know. But something has to give or this great team might end up like the Knicks.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 07:40:13 PM »

Marc Gasol has no interest in the Lakers because of the uneasy last few years his borother spent with them, according to numerous people familiar with the situation.

But it was more than just Pau. Look at Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum. Both in trade rumours all the time. No one was safe in L.A., just Kobe. That's not the way to run a franchise if you expect to attract people. They didn't resign Ariza after he played a key part in winning a title. Mitch just didn't treat players good at all. Look at Golden State and how West told them not to traded for Love. West kept players together in the 90's until everyone wanted then gone like Nick Van Exel or they left mid-sized season to go boating like Cedric. But players were not always in the paper because of trade rumors. You ask Kobe if he'd want Pau back, he'd say yes.

As I said, maybe it's Jim, maybe he's the source of dysfunction and Mitch has to work around it. I don't know. But something has to give or this great team might end up like the Knicks.

Bynum was considered untouchable until the moment he was traded, Mitch didn't even trade him for Jason Kidd when Kobe asked him to do it...and when he finally was traded, it proved to be the right decision. Odom, though inconsistent as a player, had a nice run on the lakers that spanned almost a decade. He was traded for Chris Paul, which again, was the right decision, but ended up gettin butthurt over it and requested a trade on his own accord, which u know he now regrets.....even in the 80s, mufuckaz like norm nixon and frank brikowski was gettin traded, in the 90s it was vlade divac and Eddie jones... Laker loyals. But it proved to be the right decision which resulted in more titles.... U cannot get mad at an organization for making u expandable. It's part of the business...u take it in stride and move along. Mitch did absolutely nothing wrong, pau and odom got exactly what they deserved...and frankly, if it wasn't for David sterns dumbass veto, it would also proved to be another genius move by Mitch. Bottom line.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »
enjoy a 30 win season and a 10th or 11th seed in the west

no first round pick

no stars when Durant stays in OKC with Westbrook - maybe you can get Marshmelo Anthony from Philbert ;D

Enjoy no young superstar prospects to watch this season, while the lakeshow got russell, clarkson, and randle

You keep touting this "great young core" referring to these three guys. Two of them haven't played a combined total of 15 minutes in the NBA lol. Let the kids play a full game before we give any credit.

Not to mention you're forgetting a huge potential cancer that could stunt growth exponentially while healthy...

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »

no first round pick

no stars when Durant stays in OKC with Westbrook - maybe you can get Marshmelo Anthony from Philbert ;D

Enjoy no young superstar prospects to watch this season, while the lakeshow got russell, clarkson, and randle

You keep touting this "great young core" referring to these three guys. Two of them haven't played a combined total of 15 minutes in the NBA lol. Let the kids play a full game before we give any credit.

Not to mention you're forgetting a huge potential cancer that could stunt growth exponentially while healthy...

instead of worryin bout the lakeshow, why dont u worry bout the fact that embiid bout to miss another season...or u just a full on cavs fan now?

randle and russell aint played yet, but they still got the potential to stand out. clarkson woulda been in the runnings for rookie of the year had he played all of last season. lets be real mayn.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »

no first round pick

remember before the draft is was "KOBE/OKAFOR/RANDLE WILL BE THE BEST 3-4-5 EVER"  ;D

now it's ROY HIBBERT IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE LEAGUE, FUTURE HOFER NOW THAT HE'S WITH KOBE  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 10:17:10 PM »

no first round pick

remember before the draft is was "KOBE/OKAFOR/RANDLE WILL BE THE BEST 3-4-5 EVER"  ;D

now it's ROY HIBBERT IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE LEAGUE, FUTURE HOFER NOW THAT HE'S WITH KOBE  ;D

YUP...HIBBERT IS NOW A LAKER, SO OF COURSE IM GUNA ROOT FOR HIM. IF OKAFOR WAS A LAKER, I'D BE ROOTING FOR HIM. THATS HOW IT WORKS SON. I DONT SWITCH TEAMS EVERY THREE YEARS AND HAVE A TEAM I ROOT FOR BASED ON A PLAYER I LIKE.

AND IM HONEST....OKAFOR HAS LOOKED BETTER THAN D-RUSS IN SUMMER LEAGUE SO FAR. IT'S ONLY SUMMER LEAGUE THO, SO NOT GUNA OVER-REACT.....BUT U OUT HERE MAKIN IT OUT TO BE LIKE IF HIBBERT WAS AVERAGIG 5-7 I'D BE ON SOME "DAMN, HIBBERT IS BEASTING!" BULLSHIT

SOME OF YALL JUST NEED 2 LEARN WHAT IT IS TO REPRESENT FOR A TEAM...BOTTOM LINE

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:19 AM »
there's a difference between a fan and a stan

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 02:42:39 PM »
there's a difference between a fan and a stan

Yea and some1 who was born n raised in Los Angeles and has a geographical attachment to the purple n gold his entire life is a die hard representer. A true fan.. No questions bout it ... Someone who roots for a team based on a player he likes is pretty much the epitome of a Stan. Which are u hack?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »
I'm a Celtics fan who roots for great players when his team is out - like most normal fans do. 

However I don't sit here and tell you Roy Hibbert is going to be an "all star caliber" player or that Julius Randle was "HOF potential" simply because my team took him.

I really like what I see with Marcus Smart going into next year, doesn't mean I'm going to start putting him over Irving or CP3 because he's a Celtic.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
I'm a Celtics fan who roots for great players when his team is out - like most normal fans do. 

However I don't sit here and tell you Roy Hibbert is going to be an "all star caliber" player or that Julius Randle was "HOF potential" simply because my team took him.

I really like what I see with Marcus Smart going into next year, doesn't mean I'm going to start putting him over Irving or CP3 because he's a Celtic.

ROY HIBBERT IS NOT "GOING TO BE" AN ALL-STAR CALIBER PLAYER...HE ALREADY IS. AND ANY1 WIT COMMON SENSE WILL TELL U OF JULIUS RANDLE'S POTENTIAL.

AND U USED TO CONSIDER RONDO A TOP 5 PLAYER IN THE NBA LMAO.....+ UR TEAM IS NOT EVEN LOCATED WHERE U LIVE AND U HAD 2 OTHER TEAMS BEFORE THEM (THAT WE KNOW OF).

AS FOR INDIVIDUAL WORSHIP NOT BASED ON A PLAYER WHO PLAYS FOR YOUR TEAM....THATS ABOUT THE GAYEST THING IN THE SPORT WORLD. 90% OF CLEVELAND FANS WERE HEAT FANS A YEAR AGO..DONT GET ANY FRUITIER THAN THAT.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »
Rondo put up 40 point triple doubles in the eastern conference finals when i was sayin that shit

Roy Hibbert just got TRADED AWAY FOR FREE  - he's NEVER going to sniff another all star game again unless you fill out 5,000,000 ballots at your local McDonalds all over California  - and you think he's going to be a defensive player of the year lmao

Julius Randle fell to #6 for a reason, dude has 14 minutes to his name in the NBA and you think he's on his way to being an HOFer?  smh

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/16/8978299/nba-summer-league-2015-karl-towns-kristaps-porzingis-dangelo-russell

:D

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:15 PM »
Rondo put up 40 point triple doubles in the eastern conference finals when i was sayin that shit

Roy Hibbert just got TRADED AWAY FOR FREE  - he's NEVER going to sniff another all star game again unless you fill out 5,000,000 ballots at your local McDonalds all over California  - and you think he's going to be a defensive player of the year lmao

Julius Randle fell to #6 for a reason, dude has 14 minutes to his name in the NBA and you think he's on his way to being an HOFer?  smh

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/16/8978299/nba-summer-league-2015-karl-towns-kristaps-porzingis-dangelo-russell

:D

Again u said rondo was top 5 in the league .. No way around that insane "stanning" (dickriding)

Nothing I've said about HIbbert or Randle is remotely close to as retarded as that