Author Topic: Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer  (Read 270 times)

CORREA

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka -- a wrestling legend who had an intense rivalry with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper in the 1980s -- has been diagnosed with stomach cancer.

In an interview with Bill Apter, Snuka's wife, Carole, said the 72-year-old legendary highflier recently underwent surgery to remove part of his stomach and his lymph nodes. The hope, according to Carole, is that the surgery was able to remove the cancer entirely.

Carole said of Snuka's recovery, "He still has a long road ahead of him, and the doctor says he's an amazingly strong man. We all know how strong Jimmy is, and Jimmy can take a beating."

She added, "He also wants to let his fans know that he's not done yet."

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »
Dang, 72 years old!?  1st heard of him on the cartoon & he was near 40 then.  Ugh this doesn't sound good.  Did he lose a large amount of weight because of this?  Just wondered cause a manager I used to work for had some kind of stomach cancer 2-3 years ago & he lost a lot of weight & he was already thin.  Found out he died last year :(  , he was 6 years older than me & he was in his mid 40's.  I hope Snuka will recover.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
That sucks. I remember a former Raider, Eric Turner, he died of stomach cancer in the middle of his career. He last played in 1999, then got sick in the off season and died in spring of 2000, when just a few months earlier he was tackling dudes and having a great year. It just sucks.

I pray for Jimmy Snuka and it would suck to lose Dusty, Piper and Snuka in the same year. I'm praying for you Jimmy.