Author Topic: WWE Not Happy with Rapper Using Undertaker's Theme  (Read 239 times)

CORREA

WWE Not Happy with Rapper Using Undertaker's Theme
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »

The Undertaker's theme song was used on rapper Meek Mill's diss track aimed at Drake titled, "Wanna Know". A WWE spokesperson issued the following statement to TMZ on Meek using the song without permission:

“WWE takes its intellectual property rights very seriously, and we’re looking into the matter.”

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: WWE Not Happy with Rapper Using Undertaker's Theme
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »
Leave it to WWE to try and trademark bong sound. Idiots.

Just a thought since Meek releasing this song hurt his career drastically instead of help should the WWE have to pay him for damage rather than seek retribution? Hear me out. In most IP cases the stolen property is shown to help the thief and the owner of the original sample shows damaged based on what the sampler made off it. Since Meek made nothing and instead suffered loss perhaps the WWE should compensate.

P.S. I know how stupid my argument sounds. I'm only saying it to highlight how stupid IP is to begin with.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »
You can freely put out music over any beat as long as you're not profiting over it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 11:54:42 PM »
You can freely put out music over any beat as long as you're not profiting over it.

True. As long as he doesn't try to sale this on itunes or any mixtapes - nothing they can do about it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »

True. As long as he doesn't try to sale this on itunes or any mixtapes - nothing they can do about it.

Official reports say WWE is investigating if they can sue. There are parody sites that said WWE has already sued because the song sucked... LOL... and they want $500,000.

The reality is that he leaked the track and he wouldn't make a profit, so they can't sue. He's not the first to use a WWE theme on an unofficial track that was leaked out. He was the first to do it and have the whole world listening, and it sucked. I was pulling for Meek too. I guarantee you, had Meek delivered a knockout blow, WWE would have used that to their advantage and maybe invited Meek to Raw. They are attention whores like that, but then again wrestling has always been about being an attention whore even before Vince McMahon.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »
they could find a loophole and get a little bread off Meek if dude performs the song at any major venues but even then maybe not... wrestling = faker than Drake though lol

CORREA

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »
wwe will find a way to rape him