Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49238 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »
Are some of you old enough to remember when 2001 came out? It took some times for people to get on it because it wzs different from the previous work. Also it is a different era different game so after being in the game for more than 25 years, i believe this is a good representation of his whole career, you have some hard gangsta rap, some better sounding trap and some jazz element like The Chronic had.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? That's 100% FALSE! No it did not take people time to get on it. That shit was an INSTANT classic, the minute the first single came out. Everybody was on that shit and every single that came out was a classic. He could have had like 10 music videos for that album. You're trippin.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Jay_J

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »
when you hear the bridge on "talking to my diary" if you don't imagine nate is singin it, get the fuck out of this site.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2015, 11:14:25 AM »
Are some of you old enough to remember when 2001 came out? It took some times for people to get on it because it wzs different from the previous work. Also it is a different era different game so after being in the game for more than 25 years, i believe this is a good representation of his whole career, you have some hard gangsta rap, some better sounding trap and some jazz element like The Chronic had.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? That's 100% FALSE! No it did not take people time to get on it. That shit was an INSTANT classic, the minute the first single came out. Everybody was on that shit and every single that came out was a classic. He could have had like 10 music videos for that album. You're trippin.

Nah, he's right, lots of people who were big fans of The Chronic and Doggystyle were kinda disappointed at first, because the sound of
2001 was so simple and sparse and didn't have the lush percussion and lots of instruments that Dre had before.

"Still DRE" got a lot of criticism for just being 2 piano notes the whole way through, "Next Episode" people complained Snoop sounded tired
and bland by that point, and people said that all the lyrics on the album were really generic gangsta rap.
It's also known for having too many tracks, which meant it had filler like "Let's Get High, "Ackrite," "Bitch Niggaz," etc. and Hittman was seen
to have no charisma and was on too many songs.

2001 was rated 4/5 stars in most outlets - it's considered good, but not fantastic.
People who were teenagers when it came out always like to imagine everyone loved it at the time, but it was seen as as a mild disappointment
that has a handful of classic tracks saving it.

Game-Won

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
Mr.theo - i dont agree with your ratings and i really enjoy the album every listen it gets better.

But Game will be killing all other albums this year, his song on here only adds to my theory.

But this is the 2nd 10/10 album this year for me. (Kendrick & dredrick or what u called dre on here)

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Mista Rosa

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
Really feeling:

the intro
It's all on me
Just another day (if Game's album is at that level it is going to bang)
Animals
Talking to my diary

The rest is average to me. Too many female vocals on it, some auto-tune wtf. No hooks stuck in my head. Where the west coast crooners at ?
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2015, 11:20:43 AM »

Nah, he's right, lots of people who were big fans of The Chronic and Doggystyle were kinda disappointed at first, because the sound of
2001 was so simple and sparse and didn't have the lush percussion and lots of instruments that Dre had before.

"Still DRE" got a lot of criticism for just being 2 piano notes the whole way through, "Next Episode" people complained Snoop sounded tired
and bland by that point, and people said that all the lyrics on the album were really generic gangsta rap.
It's also known for having too many tracks, which meant it had filler like "Let's Get High, "Ackrite," "Bitch Niggaz," etc. and Hittman was seen

2001 was rated 4/5 stars in most outlets - it's considered good, but not fantastic.
People who were teenagers when it came out always like to imagine everyone loved it at the time, but it was seen as as a mild disappointment
No he's not right.  That's 100% false. I lived the time. It's FALSE. I was an ADULT not a teen.

There's always going to be guys who aren't going to like something but trying and compare the hype of this album to 2001 is just hilarious. You really think that MOST people were like "hey bro did you like the Still D.R.E. track? ...Nah bro It was too simple with only 2 piano notes" LOL!! That's comical ha. As if everyone in the streets is an expert producer or musical engineer ha. That shit was aninstant hit, except for a few haters and fake ass musical experts.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:32:30 AM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2015, 11:21:36 AM »
6 tracks in, so far Its All On Me and All In A Days Work stand out, Darkside/Gone improves after the beat flips, but im still waiting to be blown away overall

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Jay_J

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »

nah he is not right! you neihter.

still dre is one of the best song in hip-hop history.

hittman did a great job on xxplosive and big egos tracks.

don't try to sell this crap that people reacted negative when they heard 2001 first time.

name me a song on compton soundtrack that people will remember 5 years, sorry, 2 years later?

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2015, 11:35:39 AM »
bumped it once. Sounds like a kendrick album and I find his new rap style to be annoying (Kendricks). too bad he's on this. Definitely a more fast tempo aggressive feel to the album rather than some catchy smooth stuff with hardly any melodies that make you bop your head. Good for the peeps who dig Kendrick lamar. I understand why Dre did it like this, it is 2015 but damn a few catchy bangers would have been nice.

D-TalkX

« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2015, 11:37:49 AM »
Fire

4/5

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »
You really think that MOST people were like "hey bro did you like the Still D.R.E. track? ...Nah bro It was too simple with only 2 piano notes" LOL!! That's comical ha. As if everyone in the streets is an expert producer or musical engineer ha.

You don't need to be an expert producer to know that the track mainly goes "ching ching ching ching ching ching ching ching" throughout the
entire track, anyone who had functioning ears at the time could hear it, it's the loudest part of the track.

After all the dope melodies that were on The Chronic and Doggystyle, it seemed like a big step back for fans of Dre's earlier work.
After waiting 7 years from the Chronic to 2001, the first thing fans heard was this "ching ching ching ching" track.
I can tell you for a fact that loads of hip-hop heads were disappointed.

It did well with casual music fans on the radio, but then so did "I Need A Doctor"...

Don't get me wrong, it is a dope track and one of the few really good tracks on the album, but you can't pretend that it was what
people were anticipating at the time, it was a big WTF for a lot of people.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2015, 12:01:44 PM »
we dropped an update earlier and had to give YOU guys the shine!

http://www.dubcnn.com/2015/08/07/dr-dres-compton-out-now-stream-buy-see-initial-fan-comments/

SHARE THE PAGE!!!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

teecee

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »
You really think that MOST people were like "hey bro did you like the Still D.R.E. track? ...Nah bro It was too simple with only 2 piano notes" LOL!! That's comical ha. As if everyone in the streets is an expert producer or musical engineer ha.

You don't need to be an expert producer to know that the track mainly goes "ching ching ching ching ching ching ching ching" throughout the
entire track, anyone who had functioning ears at the time could hear it, it's the loudest part of the track.

After all the dope melodies that were on The Chronic and Doggystyle, it seemed like a big step back for fans of Dre's earlier work.
After waiting 7 years from the Chronic to 2001, the first thing fans heard was this "ching ching ching ching" track.
I can tell you for a fact that loads of hip-hop heads were disappointed.

It did well with casual music fans on the radio, but then so did "I Need A Doctor"...

Don't get me wrong, it is a dope track and one of the few really good tracks on the album, but you can't pretend that it was what
people were anticipating at the time, it was a big WTF for a lot of people.

just a question; how old are you man? I was 19 when that dropped.  Like many I was doubting Dre, but when I first heard Still Dre, I knew he was back. Yes, 2001 has some filler and disappointed some, but it's impact was immense and changed the game. Almost everyone LOVED Still Dre and the other hits (and I agree that a Snoop didn't sound good on this album, especially Next Epiwode)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2015, 12:21:35 PM »
Yes, 2001 has some filler and disappointed some, but it's impact was immense and changed the game.

That's all I'm saying - I'm not saying it came out and people thought it was totally wack or anything, it was just kinda disappointing...
People were expecting a 5/5 album and many thought it was 4/5... that's not bad, it's just a bit disappointing when expectations were high.

It changed the game, but that was mainly because at the time hip-hop was all about Master P and Puffy and everyone was like, phewf, now Dre is back.
Not because it was Dre's best work, but because it was way, way doper than the other popular stuff at the time.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
Are there any non-iTunes streams available somewhere?  My friend is looking for one.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!