Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49161 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
The hard part about an Ice Cube album is that he's a rapper. Dr. Dre as a producer can have many featured artist and it keeps the sound fresh. Cube would have to rap on every song and he'd be support for his own album.

how is that hard? what dre does is way harder

Except what Dre does is designed to make new artist and Dre is in the studio all the time. What Cube does is designed to be the featured artist and be the star, and he's been the star for 30 years. I think if Cube puts out an album he may feature his kids, and what are they going to rap about? Even though Dre has a more difficult job, it makes sense because he's creating young stars.

cube featured his kids on his last album already...cubes been talkin bout an album for years now, even dropped singles (all which pretty much flopped) and claimed dre would produce it......at the end of the day, cube makes albums for him, not to put people on. realistically, he shoulda had one ready to drop wit the release of "straight outta compton".

But that's kind of my point. Cube's role is to be the star. No one wants to hear from a 46 year old rapper. When Dre puts out work, it's a chance for these young cats to shine, and get theirs. Unless Cube gets a whole Dr. Dre produced album, it's going to suck.

Will_B

« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
Not a classic and never will be

People need to have the balls to say 'this album isn't great'. Not 'I'm not sure about this album yet, maybe in years to come I will be...if other people say it too'

Blood$

« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »

people said the same thing about The Chronic, 2001, and even Doggystyle but look at the status of those albums now

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #558 on: August 27, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »

people said the same thing about The Chronic, 2001, and even Doggystyle but look at the status of those albums now

fuckin german has no fuckin plan, these albums that you´re talking about are totally westcoast beats and has some great feats. except fuckin eminem whitewhore...

fuckin berlin bitch im gonna sell you´re ass on charloutten str. bitch!!!!

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #559 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »

Not exactly true. My reaction after first time hearing Dre albums. -The Chronic  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                                                                                       -Doggystyle  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                                                                                       -2001  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                                                                                       -Compton
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:56:21 PM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #560 on: August 27, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »

People need to have the balls to say 'this album isn't great'. Not 'I'm not sure about this album yet, maybe in years to come I will be...if other people say it too'

shut the fuck up

Sccit

« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
The hard part about an Ice Cube album is that he's a rapper. Dr. Dre as a producer can have many featured artist and it keeps the sound fresh. Cube would have to rap on every song and he'd be support for his own album.

how is that hard? what dre does is way harder

Except what Dre does is designed to make new artist and Dre is in the studio all the time. What Cube does is designed to be the featured artist and be the star, and he's been the star for 30 years. I think if Cube puts out an album he may feature his kids, and what are they going to rap about? Even though Dre has a more difficult job, it makes sense because he's creating young stars.

cube featured his kids on his last album already...cubes been talkin bout an album for years now, even dropped singles (all which pretty much flopped) and claimed dre would produce it......at the end of the day, cube makes albums for him, not to put people on. realistically, he shoulda had one ready to drop wit the release of "straight outta compton".

But that's kind of my point. Cube's role is to be the star. No one wants to hear from a 46 year old rapper. When Dre puts out work, it's a chance for these young cats to shine, and get theirs. Unless Cube gets a whole Dr. Dre produced album, it's going to suck.

dre is the star of his new album......no one gives a fuck about king mez and anderson paak. it coulda been anyone there.

ice cube woulda been the star again if he dropped an album around the same time as the movie, because it generated interest in him once again, as u can see by the drastic sale spike in old NWA material.

Will_B

« Reply #562 on: August 27, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »

shut the fuck up

Lmao

So you're in the 'could one day be classic' camp

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #563 on: August 27, 2015, 02:13:00 PM »
release date for a Instrumental album???

Sccit

« Reply #564 on: August 27, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

shut the fuck up

Lmao

So you're in the 'could one day be classic' camp

it's already a modern day classic and will only get better with time..your opinion on rap music has lost its credibility back when u complained about the lyrics on "regulate" bein too simple. everything you say is either a.)pretentiously dumb or b.)trolling..still haven't decided which.

Matty

« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Didnt Dre shot a video in paris ?

check this

this is from over a year ago....must be from one of the scrapped detox leaks. still a trip to see, dre lookin forced as fuck right there, surprised that video only has 800 views. i wonder if any1 caught the audio before it was removed.

same here homie

he's rapping along to the the kanye/jay-z 'paris' song that's all.

Blood$

« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2015, 04:56:49 PM »

Not exactly true. My reaction after first time hearing Dre albums. -The Chronic  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                                                                                       -Doggystyle  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                                                                                       -2001  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                                                                                       -Compton

well you're one person with an opinion that not everybody else initially shared from the jump... ever read The Source's original reviews of each album before they revised them to 5 Mics?

andre

« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2015, 05:01:48 PM »
Some people still disliking the whole Compton album. I don't get it.

Me, i am chillin. I love this album. A nice gift from the good doctor.

I just bought California
Them other states ain't far behind it either.
I remember selling instrumentals off a beeper.
Millionaire before the headphones or the speakers.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Lucifuge

« Reply #568 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
On heavy rotation back to back.  8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

johnnie360

« Reply #569 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »
I finally gave this a proper spin. Blasted it in my stereo. Great album, I cant deny it. But it will most likely not be in heavy rotation. I liked it, but I played Xzibit 40 dayz & 40 Nightz right after, and remembered how much I love that album.