Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49174 times)

Sccit

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #585 on: August 31, 2015, 09:41:08 AM »
Nah, Cube will never be succesful again on mainstream radio.
It's been 23 years since Today was a good day, and young people like young artists. That's just the way it is.

Still, artistically, it would have been a smart move to release a political/social album around the Straight Outta Compton theater release.
None of his fans want him to keep on releasing stupid singles like Drop Girl, but for a weird reason, he still seems to think it's a smart and fun idea.

He was actually tryna drop political shit the last couple years, it just went under the radar ... Timing is everything

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2015, 12:51:34 PM »
So there wont be any single/video for this album at all?

Jay_J

« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »
what is that vocal sample in all in a day's work? i cant understand what does that vocal says. which song is it from?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »

lol focus doesn't do 10% of what Dre does.... U know damn well Game was rappin like that because Dre spent a whole day in the studio wit him goin over it line for line til he got it jus right. And that's witout even considering all the engineering work to make it sonically hit right after Game goes home.

Funny, but I've probably listened through the album beginning to end about 30 times now... and I swear I still don't hear Game on the album.  Obviously I could go search credits and figure it out, but where is the fun in that...
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #589 on: August 31, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »

lol focus doesn't do 10% of what Dre does.... U know damn well Game was rappin like that because Dre spent a whole day in the studio wit him goin over it line for line til he got it jus right. And that's witout even considering all the engineering work to make it sonically hit right after Game goes home.

Funny, but I've probably listened through the album beginning to end about 30 times now... and I swear I still don't hear Game on the album.  Obviously I could go search credits and figure it out, but where is the fun in that...

Just listen for when the lady shouts... "It's Game Time!"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »
This is the guy who did start with A Bitch iz a Bitch and I Ain't the One. each NWA had one single ready song that was edited to go on the radio. Dre had Express Yourself, Ren had If It Ain't Rough, Eazy had 8-Ball radio version, and Cube had I Ain't the One... LOL. Completely different than all the writing he did with the political social message. For some reason, Cube's always been like that, except when he first went single. That 1990-1994 run was amazing, but before and after that it was all about releasing You Can Do It, Playa'z Club, Pushin' Weight and so on. Don't know why, the hard stuff is what people want. But since he's main run was over and he did movies, he just hasn't been good about giving the fans what they want.

chtmixeur was right.... Cube is washed up as a rapper.  The last time he really made a banger it was still the 90's... I think when he was fuccin with Short Khop and making "Pushin Weight" was pretty much his swan song, once he started doing all those underwhelming movies, and then sequels to those underwhelming movies, and making a gang of money doin it... it was pretty much a wrap for Cube's solo career.  Westside Connection did have a banger with Nate Dogg I remember around 2001, but the album wasn't any big deal....

Before the movie career really took off, Cube did know how to turn out those singles.  There has never been a Cube album I could listen to beginning to end, but I was always recording his singles off the radio (in the old double tape deck days when you would record over radio or borrow your friends cd or tape and dubb that shit).  "You Know How We Do It", "Bop Gun", "Check Yourself", "Bow Down", "Westside Slaughterhouse", "Today Was A Good Day"... all great, classic singles.  "Bop Gun" came with a B-side of "Down For Whatever" which was some of Cube's best work as well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:07:08 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »

Sccit

« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »
This is the guy who did start with A Bitch iz a Bitch and I Ain't the One. each NWA had one single ready song that was edited to go on the radio. Dre had Express Yourself, Ren had If It Ain't Rough, Eazy had 8-Ball radio version, and Cube had I Ain't the One... LOL. Completely different than all the writing he did with the political social message. For some reason, Cube's always been like that, except when he first went single. That 1990-1994 run was amazing, but before and after that it was all about releasing You Can Do It, Playa'z Club, Pushin' Weight and so on. Don't know why, the hard stuff is what people want. But since he's main run was over and he did movies, he just hasn't been good about giving the fans what they want.

chtmixeur was right.... Cube is washed up as a rapper.  The last time he really made a banger it was still the 90's... I think when he was fuccin with Short Khop and making "Pushin Weight" was pretty much his swan song, once he started doing all those underwhelming movies, and then sequels to those underwhelming movies, and making a gang of money doin it... it was pretty much a wrap for Cube's solo career.  Westside Connection did have a banger with Nate Dogg I remember around 2001, but the album wasn't any big deal....

Before the movie career really took off, Cube did know how to turn out those singles.  There has never been a Cube album I could listen to beginning to end, but I was always recording his singles off the radio (in the old double tape deck days when you would record over radio or borrow your friends cd or tape and dubb that shit).  "You Know How We Do It", "Bop Gun", "Check Yourself", "Bow Down", "Westside Slaughterhouse", "Today Was A Good Day"... all great, classic singles.  "Bop Gun" came with a B-side of "Down For Whatever" which was some of Cube's best work as well.

his first 3 albums were classic...he was guna make a comeback, produced by dre for his latest album "everythangs corrupt". was talkin bout keepin it political and the whole 9....it's been 4 years and a slew of singles since he announced it now, in classic "detox" fashion. may never see the light of day.

Will_B

« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2015, 11:52:19 PM »
Cube and Dre are wealthy celebs playing roles. Neither one want to rock the boat by putting themselves under the spotlight as artists with opinions

HighEyeCue

« Reply #593 on: September 01, 2015, 06:48:38 AM »

looks like "Talk About it" will be the first single

http://www.24urban.com/news/dr-dre-picks-first-single-from-compton

WestWestYA

« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2015, 07:13:35 AM »

Good choice underrated song on the album.

andre

« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »

Good choice underrated song on the album.

I am happy with this choice. Song bangs.
What i really love is the transition from the intro to the second song.
The cinematic dope intro ends with a smooth teaser of the second song.

I just....Bought CALI........FORNIA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »

Interesting news.  Will be cool to see what they come up with visually for the song.  I think it is a solid choice because it is a song that could also capture the minds of young fans and still please the older headz

Westdog

« Reply #597 on: September 02, 2015, 01:49:21 AM »
Need video for " animals"   Super song
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #598 on: September 02, 2015, 04:36:04 AM »

what a whack choice, one of the baddest songs (and there are many) on the album. still trying to find the good songs on the album haven't found more than 5 yet. Dre fell off hard with this.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2015, 04:51:00 AM »
After watching the movie, the album makes a lot more sense.  I would've thought Talkin to My Diary would've been the first single for sure - was played at both the beginning and ending credits of movie.