Author Topic: Dr. Dre - The Aftermath Vol. 1 (RAP VERSION) {ALBUMS OVER 128 Kbps} *Link*  (Read 1591 times)

Funkstradamus

i thought this was pretty dope... i personally like this time period in Dre's production since you can hear his evolution from his Death Row days.  i thought this compilation was well put together and summed up this period nicely.  thank for posting!!!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
i didn't want to listen to the compilation cos i remember i disliked that musical period of Dre; it's very dark and melodies are very generic or uncreative*. But when i saw there were some songs i did not know i listened to it.
The "Saturday" track is an absolute banger and no idea why it's been unreleased. U got other songs i already knew and like (Mr. Ski, Ghetto Fabulous) but apart from that, it confirmed my 1st thought.

*On the opposite, i kinda like the Kurupt song cos even though it's minimalist, there's an addition of musical elements building a wary atmosphere and it's not boring. an embryo of the "2001" sound.

I know whatcha mean, dark depressing vibe really lol depends on the mood tho, sometimes I wanna check it start to finish sometimes I dont.

I don't consider it a dark, depressing vibe (although some tracks like dope Nationowl joint are on that vibe)... I actually took the early Aftermath work to be something a 32-33 year old Dre would like.  So maybe a bit more mature sound or something like that, and then when the Eminem era of Aftermath began they kind of got injected with some youth, but before that Dre was fuccing with some older heads like King T

*edit*  another song that could've been a possible add to this is that Dre solo joint "Smoke Weed", because it uses the same beat from King T's "Drama" yet the lyrics sound almost like it could've been written in his last days on Death Row, which puts the track somewhere in the 96-98 range
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:54:25 PM by Infinite aka Mekkan Refugee manifest »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

k1000

I don't consider it a dark, depressing vibe (although some tracks like dope Nationowl joint are on that vibe)... I actually took the early Aftermath work to be something a 32-33 year old Dre would like.  

I don't totally mind the dark vibe, but c'mon, "Nas Is Coming" is fucking boring, "Been There, Done That" is hella boring, the Group Therapy song is damn boring (except that "I'ma Killa Hill-er" line), "Game Over", boring.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I don't consider it a dark, depressing vibe (although some tracks like dope Nationowl joint are on that vibe)... I actually took the early Aftermath work to be something a 32-33 year old Dre would like.  

I don't totally mind the dark vibe, but c'mon, "Nas Is Coming" is fucking boring, "Been There, Done That" is hella boring, the Group Therapy song is damn boring (except that "I'ma Killa Hill-er" line), "Game Over", boring.

yeah.. "Nas Is Coming", although dope, was a let down from Dre's usual standard.  "Been There, Done That" may be a little bit boring and slightly under standard for Dre, but still a great song...

but as for Group Therapy "East/West Killaz" there is nothing boring about that track as I consider it one of the greatest, most important, and historical hip-hop tracks of all time.  From the moment I heard it in late August of 96' I thought Dre couldn't have came with a more perfect song and video to launch Aftermath at that time.  It didn't have the success on radio and video play that I thought it would, but I don't see how anyone can deny the quality of that record.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tha Crip

New link, I replaced the Been there Done That with the version with the long intro, sounds dope.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Blood$

+1 for all of this

Tha Crip

+1 for all of this

Ain't nothin' but a thang homie, I've been with dubcc since the early 2000s... least I can do  8)

Remedy360

Good looking out on all the posts lately man, nice to see some worthwhile content in this section again  8)

Tha Crip

Good looking out on all the posts lately man, nice to see some worthwhile content in this section again  8)

Its all good, NWA Soundtrack comes out this year...just bringing everyone up to speed  8)

Tha Crip

Bumped in light of the recent Compton release and also I fixed all the songs, they are all over 128 kbps..enjoy