Author Topic: D.O.C. Gets His Voice Back  (Read 2549 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: D.O.C. Gets His Voice Back
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 09:13:45 AM »
This reminds me that Jerry Heller once said something to the effect of DOC's voice could be rehabilitated back to form but he wasn't hearing or having it post accident.

In light of him somehow figuring out how to manipulate the chords maybe what Heller said was true

I don't believe a word he says but can someone post the quotes from that back? I remember someone on here posted that he claimed to have had a doctor who could've restored his vocals but DOC only wanted to drink and do drugs.

Jerry is a classic scumbag exec: take unsuspecting people to the cleaners through shitty contracts and agreements. He technically didn't rob anyone since nothing he did was illegal, but his crafting contracts such that he and Eazy took the lion's share was suspect. While he didn't break any law, which is what he always contends,  he did take advantage of young kids as people in all business are prone to do.

I tend to believe him on a lot of what he says, I must admit. He said that Eazy picked up all the hospital bills, and that he himself paid for the down payment on the home DOC was scheduled to close on the week of his accident. (Also classic exec move to be eating off an artist's plate to the tune of millions of dollars then kick him back 70k for a house down payment). He goes on to talk about DOC's condition being very treatable and that it would have been on Ruthless's dime had DOC been willing. Somewhere in pages 153-160, I believe, for those with the memoir. (I had a copy I can't locate).

Heller confuses me though for his continued beef with Ice Cube all because Ice Cube saw that contract for what it was, a rape you deal that all new artist get. And Cube thought more of himself. Oh well.

And many labels do that, when an artist gets in a accident, they pay the bills. Because the bills are cheaper than paying the artist what they are really worth. It gives the artist a false sense of loyalty and a continued relationship.

me1

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 10:07:08 AM »
Absolutely.

And I think the Cube beef comes from the anti-Semitic remarks.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 06:46:35 AM »
Am I the only one that like The D.O.C's post accident voice?

Would be cool to hear him trading bars with the different voices.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

HighEyeCue

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:27 AM »

I liked it as well but before he lost it in the accident he was as good as there was

johnnie360

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
He sounds pretty much the same. Damn shame.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2015, 09:00:36 PM »
everyone discouraged d.o.c from rappin after the accident...funny thing is that nowadays, people be forcefully usin that cracky voice. he'd fit in better wit todays rappers.

jaytee

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »
Has it gotten easier to use your restored voice over the last year? Can you use it for long periods of time?

@WESTCOASTDOC: Not super strong yet but I can get a few lines out at a time if I was busting

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2015, 04:57:06 PM »

Make that 2 of us. Helter Skelter is a classic to me.. one of the best g-funk albums ever.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

mrfranklin

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2015, 11:48:14 PM »
I like Helter Skelter and I like Duece. I wish his voice would have returned years ago. He was one the best ever.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »

i mentioned it many times in the past that i like the voice, it's just not very clear.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »
In this interview he uses his new voice a lot between like the 14th minute mark up to like the 22nd minute.

Talkin' 'bout makin' No One Can Do It Better, The Formula, Funky Enough, Niggaz4Life, Doggystyle, Diddy callin' him to be in the video with Shyne etc.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:43:50 PM by Dargine »
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.