Author Topic: DPG4LIFEMOVIE movie clip  (Read 1394 times)

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
Re: DPG4LIFEMOVIE movie clip
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
I'm sorry, nothing impressive about it.

Dah Dah has been directing videos for Snoop camp for ages now.

Daz used him for this and probably promised him, he'll direct the movie, good luck selling that to a major company.

It's painful to see how quick he wants to rush into this after SOC, like he has nothing else to do with his time (probably don't).

It might sound like I am hating but I actually like the DPG camp a lot and just scared he will release some cheap garbage.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Is That The Kurupt Diss He Recording???

jaytee

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »
Daz has been talking about this for a couple of months.  On one hand, it's cool that he's moving forward with it.  On the other hand, it's coming off rushed.  It's easy to be skeptical about the quality.  I just hope he does the process justice regardless of if it ends up being a big project or a small one.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »
Daz has been talking about this for a couple of months.  On one hand, it's cool that he's moving forward with it.  On the other hand, it's coming off rushed.  It's easy to be skeptical about the quality.  I just hope he does the process justice regardless of if it ends up being a big project or a small one.

i duno if it's rushed, i just think he puttin his all into it...like this movie may be his entire life right now. and to capitalize off the straight outta compton success is a smart move. maybe lions gate picks it up or some shit, and daz makes millions off that. it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »
i duno if it's rushed, i just think he puttin his all into it...like this movie may be his entire life right now. and to capitalize off the straight outta compton success is a smart move. maybe lions gate picks it up or some shit, and daz makes millions off that. it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

I don't know how anyone can not get the impression of it being rushed.  It takes time to write a good script and then develop it into a feature.  Straight Outta Compton has been out in theaters for about a month so basically Daz announced this project about four weeks ago and they already have a cast and are shooting? With how they are setting this up, it's hard not to think it is going to come up being a cheap DVD movie that they use to cash in on the success. 

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 02:40:32 PM »

I don't know how anyone can not get the impression of it being rushed.  It takes time to write a good script and then develop it into a feature.  Straight Outta Compton has been out in theaters for about a month so basically Daz announced this project about four weeks ago and they already have a cast and are shooting? With how they are setting this up, it's hard not to think it is going to come up being a cheap DVD movie that they use to cash in on the success. 

In that sense, u can say the chronic was rushed

adi760

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:57 AM »
LOL^^ U know that making film is diffrent think than music?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 08:03:39 AM »
too bad Daz wouldn't get any rights to use music that was recorded with Death Row lol

Jimmy H.

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
  Precisely.  Scripts take time to write.  Locations take time to scout.  It should take time to cast actors and run rehearsals.  If you rush through pre-production and development, you will most likely end up with a project that is reflective of the time put in. With an album, you can pull and replace songs that don't work.  A film requires far more continuity in the narrative.  You don't often have the luxury of pulling whole scenes and if you do, it is ridiculously expensive to film them again.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 11:42:10 PM »
  Precisely.  Scripts take time to write.  Locations take time to scout.  It should take time to cast actors and run rehearsals.  If you rush through pre-production and development, you will most likely end up with a project that is reflective of the time put in. With an album, you can pull and replace songs that don't work.  A film requires far more continuity in the narrative.  You don't often have the luxury of pulling whole scenes and if you do, it is ridiculously expensive to film them again.

That's true, but the story is already there. ill reserve judgement until I see it.

JonnyTanna

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 08:00:56 AM »
Bumping this thread as we need to archive this ish in the likely case it never gets released, these photos and videos will be rare