Author Topic: MLB Playoffs Thread  (Read 979 times)

Remedy360

Re: MLB Playoffs Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »
So far, even though I mainly retired from watching mlb in 93[no interleague then] after the blue jays won their 2nd straight WS title.  Best to leave on a good note  ;)  i've watched some of what's going on.  Mainly the cubs games.  I felt overjoyed they beat the catty bitch cardinals.  I guess they can be considered rivals now.  Frisco has been more of an archrival to st. louis than the cubs ever been. 

Hopefully the matchup is what shoulda been in 1989-cubs vs. blue jays.  But this time I want the cubs 2 break their curse.  Long overdue.  Its their time.  And it doesn't have much to do with the back to the future movie about the cubs finally winning the WS in 2015.  I don't know who the cubs matchup better against between the dodgers & mets though.  And no texas ALCS.   

Cubs and Cards has been considered a rivalry for a while, Chicago has just been a crappy franchise for so long. Definitely good for baseball to see the Cubs finally get the upper hand on them. Those two are gonna be powerhouses in that division moving forward.

Remedy360

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 12:38:15 AM »
Crazy-ass comeback by Toronto, Blue Jays vs KC is gonna be a dope series.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 12:41:21 AM »
kc lookin good today

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 01:17:09 AM »
kc lookin good today

Yep.. Royals put the beat-down on the Astros to win the series in game 5.  In the first 4 games the Royals got out-played by a very young and talented Astros team.  It took luck to get the Royals to game 5, but now finally Johnny Cueto pitched like the guy we traded for mid-season, and the Royals bats came alive with a bomb from the DH Morales... now on to the American League Championship.

...I wish the Dodgers luck, maybe we will get an L.A. vs. K.C. world series as you predicted.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 02:27:33 AM »
Game 5 Jays and Ranger was one of the craziest most intense games I've ever watched in any sport!  Joey Bats with the bat flip of life!  Greatest bat flip ever!  That was baseballs first posterization!  I fucking love this team!

Remedy360

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 03:12:20 AM »
Game 5 Jays and Ranger was one of the craziest most intense games I've ever watched in any sport!  Joey Bats with the bat flip of life!  Greatest bat flip ever!  That was baseballs first posterization!  I fucking love this team!

I hate how oversensitive all these pussys are to stuff like that. One of the reasons baseball is struggling with overall popularity is because of all the stupid un-written rules where guys are supposed to act like fucking robots and not have any kind of flair for the dramatic. Loved seeing that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 05:56:45 AM »

I hate how oversensitive all these pussys are to stuff like that. One of the reasons baseball is struggling with overall popularity is because of all the stupid un-written rules where guys are supposed to act like fucking robots and not have any kind of flair for the dramatic. Loved seeing that.

true

...they are trying to do it to the NFL also...

Remedy360

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 07:02:41 AM »

true

...they are trying to do it to the NFL also...

Yeah, definitely don't like the direction the NFL is going in. Baseball is way worse though. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to the old white man's standards of playing will be chastised. It's not even official rules, just all these stupid genteman standards that people treat as gospel. Young players like Harper and Puig pimp a home run and people act like they took a shit on home plate or something. I even remember Griffey taking heat for wearing his cap backwards and watching his home runs go out when he was coming up in the 90's. That Bautista moment was awesome and baseball would be much better with more of it.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 10:35:20 AM »
That's why basketball is the best sport

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »

Yeah, definitely don't like the direction the NFL is going in. Baseball is way worse though. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to the old white man's standards of playing will be chastised. It's not even official rules, just all these stupid genteman standards that people treat as gospel. Young players like Harper and Puig pimp a home run and people act like they took a shit on home plate or something. I even remember Griffey taking heat for wearing his cap backwards and watching his home runs go out when he was coming up in the 90's. That Bautista moment was awesome and baseball would be much better with more of it.

Right... it happened to Royals young Ace Yardano Ventura earlier in the year.  He was just being competitive and he got a grounder bounced weakly right back to him by Mike Trout, and so he kind of gave Trout a quick stare and then slowly walked over and threw him out at first base.

I mean... if this was basketball it would of been the equivalent to an NBA player dunkin on some dude and then just briefly lookin down at him before gettin back on defense.  No big deal in the NBA where players are allowed to show more of their personality.

...But in baseball this was totally not allowed.  Trout threw a tantrum and the whole league criticized Ventura for being young and being "unprofessional".  Even his own team and coaching staff started "counseling" him on his "behavior".  He started pitching with less emotion and his ERA fell so much he even got sent down to the minors at one point in the year.  He ended up being talented enough to get over it and still keep his spot in the rotation—but it's just a shame he had to go through such a big fall-out just for not acting like a robot.

PLANT

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Jays, Royals series should have lots of excitement.  Both teams hate each other and cleared the benches last time they played.  Ned Yost is one of the biggest idiots in baseball, but it should be a great series!

Remedy360

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
Damn, this shit's going down to the wire. One more shot for the Dodgers.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
Mattingly with troll of the year, putting in Utley in the 9th.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »

LETS GO METS

Remedy360

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »
Mattingly with troll of the year, putting in Utley in the 9th.

He put a charge into it, just went right to Granderson.