Author Topic: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"  (Read 1171 times)

Game-Won

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

Re: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:10:38 PM »
game is better in pretty much every facet....only think 50 got on game is hooks and bridges

CORREA

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »
one is still putting out new good music and is still relevant

while the other is bankrupt irrelevant and hasn't had a hit in almost 10 years you tell me  :D

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
I like both of 'em even though as a Veteran Westcoast fan I always took Game side in the past but now if you're looking at their catalogue, Game discography is way better than 50.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is the only 50 album I really enjoyed, the rest wasn't so good
Regarding Game, The Documentary, Doctor's Advocate and LAX were great albums, Red was good but not extraordinary, Jesus Piece wasn't all that, Year of The Wolf was coo and The Doc 2 is probably the 3rd best Game album

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:47:56 PM »
I like both of 'em even though as a Veteran Westcoast fan I always took Game side in the past but now if you're looking at their catalogue, Game discography is way better than 50.

Yeah, 50 got stale pretty quickly. Game has certainly had his down-moments as well but I'm much more interested in what he's doing these days than 50.

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:06:34 PM »
for me, both were overhyped bubble gum rappers from the interscope/aftermath/shady factory when they makin their biggest hits.

Nowdays, both are washed up.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 02:22:30 AM »
50, for right or wrong, created his own lane as an artist.  To me, Game never quite carved his own niche.  Everything that he put together from albums to groups to concepts seemed like it was derived from ideas created by other rappers.  Black Wall Street, Hurricane Game, The Red Album, M.O.B., Goon Squad, Blood Money.  Conceptually, I think 50 is more unique of an artist.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 08:51:45 AM »
50, for right or wrong, created his own lane as an artist.  To me, Game never quite carved his own niche.  Everything that he put together from albums to groups to concepts seemed like it was derived from ideas created by other rappers.  Black Wall Street, Hurricane Game, The Red Album, M.O.B., Goon Squad, Blood Money.  Conceptually, I think 50 is more unique of an artist.

That's true, but when was the last time he actually put out an interesting project? The guy almost seemed to fizzle away with the rest of the guys in G-Unit musically speaking. I give him his props as a businessman with everything he's created, but to me Game is a much more entertaining artist to listen to these days.

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
The Game has the more consistent discography.

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 03:02:06 PM »
You said all that but can you really and I mean really say 50's discography is anywhere as good as Games.  50 is the artist that actually needs to be in a group.  Nobody wants to hear 3 verse songs from 50 no more.

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 06:53:07 PM »
You said all that but can you really and I mean really say 50's discography is anywhere as good as Games.  50 is the artist that actually needs to be in a group.  Nobody wants to hear 3 verse songs from 50 no more.

If it were 2000-2004 era 50 Cent, I would love to hear a 3 or more verse song from 50. Example of sticking to your true calling being nearly destroyed by trying to be a business man.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 10:51:22 PM »
  Yes, I could.  I think it's hard to compare one to another because Game has never been in a 50 Cent position.  He is a very good artist but he's never really been pressured to innovate as a solo artist.  He's always gravitated towards associating himself with what is hot.  He surrounds himself with A-list talent.  His debut album was the best work coming out of his camp being handed to him to perform on.  He was Pac with "All Eyez On Me".  The difference was Pac followed that up with "Makaveli", a personal concept album done with very few established guests and next to no major producers.  Game has a great talent pool of producers and artists to work with and can excel at riding popular formulas.  I think 50 touched greatness a few times and actually developed his own style. 

I think Game's strength is the mechanics of rapping.  He has an incredibly powerful flow and can use it to his advantage.  There isn't the complex conversational aspect to his lyrics that you get from say, Tupac or Eminem.  It's all personal preference though.  Some people get so caught up in production that they don't care about anything else.  Game is dope but I still wish he'd delivered on that album he talked about doing with no guests and no name-dropping.  Would have been interesting to see how he would have done. 

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 11:16:20 PM »
This Documentary 2.5 is the album I've been wanting Game to make for a while now.  The industry name drops are at an all time low, introspective tracks and a westcoast feel.  This shit bangs foreal

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 01:22:43 AM »
This Documentary 2.5 is the album I've been wanting Game to make for a while now.  The industry name drops are at an all time low, introspective tracks and a westcoast feel.  This shit bangs foreal
  Sounds awesome!  I'm still waiting to get first disc in the mail and will probably grab 2.5 tomorrow.  Hope it's as dope as you say.

sofdark

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 01:25:05 AM »
I know this is westcoast forum but some of you really talk down on 50's discography. From Power of the Dollar-Get Rich or Die Tryin'-Beg For Mercy-The Massacre-Get Rich or Die Tryin' Soundtrack dude felt like he was invincible. Let's not forget the G-Unit Radio mixtapes. They did like 20+ hard mixtapes. Curtis was aight but Before I Self Destruct's first half was incredible. Animal Ambition felt like it was a mixtape and latest record 9 Shots was something I wanted to hear from him.

I grew up in LA and honestly, we bumped his music like he was one of our own. Let's not forget Hate It or Love It and How We Do was suppose to be on The Massacre. I honestly thought it was a 50 Cent record when I first heard it on a radio.

No doubt Game has sick discography and he did it big with Documentary 2 because that was the type of album I was expecting from Game (Not some Jesus Piece shit). But the beef is old now.

I'm honestly a fan of both rappers and wish Game didn't do the flip flops he did every year. That's probably what's holding back the reunion. The inconsistency.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:27:17 AM by sofdark »