Author Topic: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"  (Read 1170 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 06:39:08 AM »
I'd pick 50, altho Game has more dope albums.

But:
top 50 material >>>> top game material

And most of you are probably sleeping on some new 50 music, check: "Cant help myself", "9 shots", "irregular heartbeat" - all dope songs

mrfranklin

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 05:04:15 PM »
Game destroyed fiddy ciddy years ago

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 07:28:11 AM »
Game destroyed fiddy ciddy years ago
Funny how people still won't admit it.  Can't front, there's a couple of Fiddy songs here and there hr releases I'll listen to but to get am album from him, nahhh not gonna be able to do it.

Remedy360

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 09:57:12 AM »
I know this is westcoast forum but some of you really talk down on 50's discography. From Power of the Dollar-Get Rich or Die Tryin'-Beg For Mercy-The Massacre-Get Rich or Die Tryin' Soundtrack dude felt like he was invincible. Let's not forget the G-Unit Radio mixtapes. They did like 20+ hard mixtapes. Curtis was aight but Before I Self Destruct's first half was incredible. Animal Ambition felt like it was a mixtape and latest record 9 Shots was something I wanted to hear from him.

But most of what you mention there is over a decade old. I loved GRODT, Beg for Mercy, etc but IMO 50 hasn't put out anything worth listening to in years while Game is at least still an interesting artist.

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 09:48:22 AM »
I know this is westcoast forum but some of you really talk down on 50's discography. From Power of the Dollar-Get Rich or Die Tryin'-Beg For Mercy-The Massacre-Get Rich or Die Tryin' Soundtrack dude felt like he was invincible. Let's not forget the G-Unit Radio mixtapes. They did like 20+ hard mixtapes. Curtis was aight but Before I Self Destruct's first half was incredible. Animal Ambition felt like it was a mixtape and latest record 9 Shots was something I wanted to hear from him.

But most of what you mention there is over a decade old. I loved GRODT, Beg for Mercy, etc but IMO 50 hasn't put out anything worth listening to in years while Game is at least still an interesting artist.

50's last project was under-rated in my book, didn't get enough love and it was his best work in years... but it's pretty forgettable compared to TD2 lol

both G-Unit EPs from the past year were solid too

Remedy360

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »

50's last project was under-rated in my book, didn't get enough love and it was his best work in years... but it's pretty forgettable compared to TD2 lol

both G-Unit EPs from the past year were solid too

I actually never checked out those EPs, remember liking a few of the tracks they put out around that time.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »
only reason i ever liked 50 was for his involvement wit dre.....if he was never on aftermath, he'd be nothin but another east coast artist to me, like papoose or some shit.

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
only reason i ever liked 50 was for his involvement wit dre.....if he was never on aftermath, he'd be nothin but another east coast artist to me, like papoose or some shit.

facts... he would have just been in the same realm as Papoose, Saigon, Uncle Murda, Red Cafe, etc.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 06:26:36 AM »
Game is better in every department except possibly hook-singing and that last part I will only give to 50 on objective grounds, because I've never personally been that big on his hooks.

Get Rich and The Massacre each had some good tracks, but after the Massacre 50 has barely done anything worth keeping.

As for Game:

The Documentary: Classic
The Doctor's Advocate: Even better than The Documentary
LAX: Solid album - much better than its reputation.
RED album: A disappointment. My least played Game album. "The City" is a classic cut though.
Jesus Piece: Not my style, but a solid album.
Doc 2 + 2.5: Solid albums, but would have been better as a single album of the best cuts along with a street mixtape of the lesser cuts.

The main difference between the two as rappers though, is that 50 peaked in 2003-05 and then fell off heavily, while Game has pretty much only gotten better as a rapper. His albums haven't been improving, but he has grown as a rapper. I never used to consider Game a particularly skilled rapper. His strength was in having a great voice and knowing how to use it to great effect, pick the right flows for beats, etc. Today I regard him as a very skilled rapper.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »
Game is better in every department except possibly hook-singing and that last part I will only give to 50 on objective grounds, because I've never personally been that big on his hooks.

I think it's all perception.  Game makes "compilation albums".  Documentary 2.5 has 31 guest artists on it and only one solo track. 50 has had 30 total guests artists on his entire discography from 2003 to now.  50's movie soundtrack has more solo tracks than all but one of Game's albums.  It also has less guest artists.  Game's albums are loaded with top guests, tributes, name-dropping, and whole songs done in the style of other rappers.  He's great at knowing what wagons to attach his horse to but how much of his strength is in the originality of his presentation? 

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »

I think it's all perception.  Game makes "compilation albums".  Documentary 2.5 has 31 guest artists on it and only one solo track. 50 has had 30 total guests artists on his entire discography from 2003 to now.  50's movie soundtrack has more solo tracks than all but one of Game's albums.  It also has less guest artists.  Game's albums are loaded with top guests, tributes, name-dropping, and whole songs done in the style of other rappers.  He's great at knowing what wagons to attach his horse to but how much of his strength is in the originality of his presentation? 

I know documentary 2 has a lot of features, but u can barely tell listening to it

Jimmy H.

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »
I know documentary 2 has a lot of features, but u can barely tell listening to it
  I don't know.  I just finished bumping Documentary 2.5 (after listening to the first one before that) and it was pretty aware to me.  Even his skits are kind of pushing that whole name-dropping, guest-friendly vibe.  He starts by talking to Sway about 50 Cent and along the way, there's little history lessons on gang founders.  He's got a song talking about Suge Knight and Tupac where he puts Scarface on it.  He does a DJ Quik track where he flows like Suga Free.  He's got a song about Biggie where he has Puffy talking about getting a car and a Blood set pass from him.  There were numerous tracks where on one listen, I could hear him emphasizing popular lines from other people's songs.  He's even got fucking W-Ballz radio drops in there. The music and production is certainly top notch but the content is still "let's do a verse with a rapper I love where I talk about how much I love them and have them co-sign me by appearing on it".  You give a very average rapper this same production line-up and guest list and I would buy it because it has every great new and old school rapper I enjoy on there.  It's a very low-risk concept.  To me, a lot of these tracks sound incredible but it goes back to the formula of just rocking a great record. 

He's literally had every important rapper/producer that he could on every album he's done since his debut.  The only he hasn't done is Jay-Z and that's because Jay wouldn't do a track with him.  He's had the hottest productions from Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Timbaland, Pharell, Scott Storch, DJ Khali, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Cool & Dre, DJ Premier, Jellyroll, Havoc, Swizz Beatz, DJ Quik, Will.i.am, and the list goes on.  He's worked with 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Nas, Mary J. Blige, Fergie, Nate Dogg, Raekwon, Scarface, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Kanye West, DMX, Common, Ice Cube, Travis Barker, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Drake, E-40, Big Boi, J. Cole, 2 Chainz, Jamie Foxx.  He literally makes albums with just about every popular rapper from every region where he name-drops every popular artist has died and every popular movie that's been out in the last 20 years.  He seems more like people are just happy to have a West Coast rapper name-dropping all the albums and artists they like.  If he talks about doing some gangsta stuff, it just sounds the same but if he mentions that he's doing it while bumping Dogg Food, suddenly everyone gets the cold chills.

I'm really not trying to come off like I'm knocking the guy but it's been 10 years, when is he going to challenge himself as an artist, in terms of pushing the envelope?  You can certainly make the argument that 50 Cent's music career fell a little but he at least gambled.  He put his crew out and got them established.  All the greats have.  It took people a minute to catch on with Kendrick because he was trying new things but that's the joy in experimenting. 

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 12:44:37 AM »
  I don't know.  I just finished bumping Documentary 2.5 (after listening to the first one before that) and it was pretty aware to me.  Even his skits are kind of pushing that whole name-dropping, guest-friendly vibe.  He starts by talking to Sway about 50 Cent and along the way, there's little history lessons on gang founders.  He's got a song talking about Suge Knight and Tupac where he puts Scarface on it.  He does a DJ Quik track where he flows like Suga Free.  He's got a song about Biggie where he has Puffy talking about getting a car and a Blood set pass from him.  There were numerous tracks where on one listen, I could hear him emphasizing popular lines from other people's songs.  He's even got fucking W-Ballz radio drops in there. The music and production is certainly top notch but the content is still "let's do a verse with a rapper I love where I talk about how much I love them and have them co-sign me by appearing on it".  You give a very average rapper this same production line-up and guest list and I would buy it because it has every great new and old school rapper I enjoy on there.  It's a very low-risk concept.  To me, a lot of these tracks sound incredible but it goes back to the formula of just rocking a great record. 

He's literally had every important rapper/producer that he could on every album he's done since his debut.  The only he hasn't done is Jay-Z and that's because Jay wouldn't do a track with him.  He's had the hottest productions from Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Timbaland, Pharell, Scott Storch, DJ Khali, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Cool & Dre, DJ Premier, Jellyroll, Havoc, Swizz Beatz, DJ Quik, Will.i.am, and the list goes on.  He's worked with 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Nas, Mary J. Blige, Fergie, Nate Dogg, Raekwon, Scarface, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Kanye West, DMX, Common, Ice Cube, Travis Barker, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Drake, E-40, Big Boi, J. Cole, 2 Chainz, Jamie Foxx.  He literally makes albums with just about every popular rapper from every region where he name-drops every popular artist has died and every popular movie that's been out in the last 20 years.  He seems more like people are just happy to have a West Coast rapper name-dropping all the albums and artists they like.  If he talks about doing some gangsta stuff, it just sounds the same but if he mentions that he's doing it while bumping Dogg Food, suddenly everyone gets the cold chills.

I'm really not trying to come off like I'm knocking the guy but it's been 10 years, when is he going to challenge himself as an artist, in terms of pushing the envelope?  You can certainly make the argument that 50 Cent's music career fell a little but he at least gambled.  He put his crew out and got them established.  All the greats have.  It took people a minute to catch on with Kendrick because he was trying new things but that's the joy in experimenting. 

I know exactly what u mean, but that's just who he is .. The guy who makes himself feel big by talkin up every1 in his crew and ridin the wave of their vibes. We all know some1 like that. It all boils down to him bein a good rapper with great production. Nothing in his content has ever been tremendous, and it never will. But it sounds good on a consistent basis.. 50 Cent also has a very repetitive sound, but the difference is that his production hasnt consistently banged like Game's...and 50s style just doesn't go as hard as far as voice, flow, and delivery. I was never a huge Game fan, but he knows how to make a hot song.. Nothin more nothin less.

Remedy360

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 01:01:01 AM »

I know exactly what u mean, but that's just who he is .. The guy who makes himself feel big by talkin up every1 in his crew and ridin the wave of their vibes. We all know some1 like that. It all boils down to him bein a good rapper with great production. Nothing in his content has ever been tremendous, and it never will. But it sounds good on a consistent basis.. 50 Cent also has a very repetitive sound, but the difference is that his production hasnt consistently banged like Game's...and 50s style just doesn't go as hard as far as voice, flow, and delivery. I was never a huge Game fan, but he knows how to make a hot song.. Nothin more nothin less.

On point.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 04:38:09 PM »

Agree with that.

50 is definitely better artist/musician than Game. 50 told his story, with his own words, making his own brand and blowing up with lot of noise. While Game's albums are pretty much primitive when it comes to making sense. He surely got top notch production i always enjoyed on his albums, he always picks the dopest beats. There aren't many fillers on his albums (take out RED and Jesus Piece - i dont feel those). But, well - i always considered Game like shit of a person, no character, mentality of a kid, doesnt sound real to me at all.