Author Topic: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"  (Read 1169 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »
You may want to go look at those Jadakiss production credits again if you're honestly under the illusion that he was getting the kind of access to production that Game was on his albums.

Documentary had 6 tracks produced by Dr. Dre, 2 co-produced by Scott Storch, production by Kanye West, Havoc, Cool & Dre, Hi-Tek, Focus, Just Blaze, and Eminem.

Jada's first album had one track a piece from Neptunes, DJ Premier, Timbaland, and Just Blaze.  3 tracks produced by Swizz Beatz.  He had 2 from Alchemist but in 2004, Alchemist was just getting established.  I would argue that "We Gone Make It" actually helped him break out as a producer.

There's also a way heavier label and guest presence on Game's album.  Let's just stop with even pretending Jada was getting offered anything near as strong as "Hate It or Love It" over the course of any of his three albums.  I mean, you really got to look at this beat selection business with a certain context.  Albums like "All Eyez On Me" and "Documentary" were products of artists landing in great spots.  Pac and Game were placed on winning teams and allowed to choose from the very best hits that were laying around. 

soopa-man

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
He even had Eminem make a beat beat and verse at Em's biggest and couldn't sell, with a Mariah Carey\Scott storch track and it seemed forced, so even with A List producers and rhymes it doesn't make you dope or prepared to sell records or jada and fat joe would be double platinum....

you do realize Kiss Of Death (which is a near classic album) went Gold before "U Make Me Wanna" was made the third single and Platinum after the fact right?

He should have hit better with the first joint the second seemed more focus, and more money was spent on features and production, i think the second album is better and the mixtape he followed up with after with green lantern was flames but I go to the mixtape more than the album...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »
I actually really like Jada's second album.  The Mariah joint felt a little forced but other than that, I felt it was how a solo album should have been for him.  With the first album, there are still songs I bump off it to this day but it feels like it's missing something. 

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 05:23:34 AM »
Damn, you got it with Jadakiss example. Was thinking the same thing - hes great rapper, but he never squeeze it out on his albums with plastic-ass beats.