Author Topic: WTF happened to Timebomb?  (Read 726 times)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
WTF happened to Timebomb?
« on: October 24, 2015, 12:51:22 AM »
Dude was nice on Some L.A. Niggaz and Let's All Roll, but I haven't heard anything since.

Did he ever release an lp? Or any other guest appearances over nice beats?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: WTF happened to Timebomb?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 04:12:17 AM »
Those cats had some heat back in that era... there was a group Dre was fuccin with back then, and none of them ended up breaking through...

6'2"
Timebomb
Knocturnal
Hittman

I think there was certainly a lot of unrealized potential there.  Especially when I listen to the stuff 6'2" and DOC were doing around that time like "Judgement Day" and that chopped and screwed joint "Day Like Today" was fire, they made some cold-ass records.  Knoc also had some nice solo joints in those days like "Night And Day" and that joint with Missy had potential to break through... they had a lot of nice unreleased material as well from their time with Aftermath.

...Now Dre's got a new and improved cast with Mez, Conner, Justus, Paak—it remains to be seen if any of those cats will break through or if they will have the same fate.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Game-Won

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »
Those cats had some heat back in that era... there was a group Dre was fuccin with back then, and none of them ended up breaking through...

6'2"
Timebomb
Knocturnal
Hittman

I think there was certainly a lot of unrealized potential there.  Especially when I listen to the stuff 6'2" and DOC were doing around that time like "Judgement Day" and that chopped and screwed joint "Day Like Today" was fire, they made some cold-ass records.  Knoc also had some nice solo joints in those days like "Night And Day" and that joint with Missy had potential to break through... they had a lot of nice unreleased material as well from their time with Aftermath.

...Now Dre's got a new and improved cast with Mez, Conner, Justus, Paak—it remains to be seen if any of those cats will break through or if they will have the same fate.  

Knoc did have a small break though with the snoop joint and missy joint.
+ he was on Dre, Westside connection and so on tracks.
Wouldnt out him with the rest, they seem like waiting on Dre to do all, while Knoc tried some himself.

And wasnt Muzik song a hit to ? - i remember it as that atleast.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

WestWestYA

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 06:05:19 AM »
He Blew Up.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »

Wouldnt out him with the rest, they seem like waiting on Dre to do all, while Knoc tried some himself.

Another Knoc solo joint I liked was the one.. "If I Could"

...but anyway, you can hardly call what Knoc did "breaking through".   I mean... dude didn't even release an album during that period/era.  He ended up releasing some 6 song EP that never charted higher than #72.

and Muzik wasn't even close to being a hit.  I don't remember hearing it once on radio or seeing a video or anything... I can vaguely even remember the song.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »
Y'all know Time Bomb died, right?

http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »

that's unfortunate... I had figured he just faded into obscurity like Slip Capone and Knoc did

how did he go?

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
There was a point in time where Knoc seemed like the clear cut next to blow... A little before 50 signed. I think that was the nail in the coffin.

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »

that's unfortunate... I had figured he just faded into obscurity like Slip Capone and Knoc did

how did he go?

Slip told me they were homies from the same hood. Didn't know he died tho RIP

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 04:05:55 AM »
RIP.

Did he release an LP before or after he past?

Or any more verses?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

terence chill

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:13:25 AM »

Another Knoc solo joint I liked was the one.. "If I Could"

...but anyway, you can hardly call what Knoc did "breaking through".   I mean... dude didn't even release an album during that period/era.  He ended up releasing some 6 song EP that never charted higher than #72.

and Muzik wasn't even close to being a hit.  I don't remember hearing it once on radio or seeing a video or anything... I can vaguely even remember the song.

The Way I Am Album

The Way I Am (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
Watch Out (Feat. Hittman)
What We Do (Feat. X-Zibit, Warren G & Nate Dogg)
Him Or Me (Feat. Nate Dogg)

Bad Intentions (Dr. Dre Feat. Knoc-Turn'al)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 11:01:25 AM »
Knoc was indeed pretty dope. Knoc's Landing was the only non DPG related project I was interested in at the time. He honestly never recovered from being bootlegged so bad.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

soopa-man

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 02:18:03 AM »
^^^ You know honestly thought that was such a overblown reason the album was never released, the cuts that were released from the album were tagged heavy by an Elektra label promo sound bite, and the promo that was bootleg didn't really even have the same songs that were reviewed in XXL or the source at the time.. until this day I havnt found a decent non tagged versions of "what is life?" "Your only son" "reverend Knoc" and to me those were his best tracks concept/lyric wise it is what seperated him from dpg and xzibit at the time...dude just should have flooded the market like 50 at the time and the songs that hit he should built an album around like 50 did he hit the the industry with mixtape and songs and dropped an album that made him a mega star, Knoc learned from Dre to keep hi music so no one hears it only Knoc ain't Dre....